RobSKim Master

typrobin

• SRC Member

hi all, after trial and errors on my RobSKim V1, it finally showed positive results....to further my plans on a bigger skimmer, i decided to make a DUAL SPRAY INJECTOR, i call it RobSKim Master....it will run on a MD55 and of course hope that it will produce bubbles as well as a beckett if not running on a MD55 will be a waste....

here's a sneak into the gauntlet of my RobSKim Master....

post-9-1086541948.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

the bubble produced were comparable to a beckett (i had a beckett on hand to compare)....moron clown and chris21 were there to witness it, both agreed that the bubbles produced were as much and small as a beckett...

i forgot to take the pic of the beckett bubbles, will do that when i have the time...

here are the bubbles....

with this, i decided to proceed with the 2nd phrase of my RobSKim Master (to build a 2.5ft tall skimmer body)

so far that's all the pics that i can offer....will update when i am done....

post-9-1086542143.jpg

• SRC Member
Bubbles look fine but there isn't much density to the foam. What pump are you using for it?

AT

aiyah, the pump i used was a md55....i will take a pic of the beckett when i am free to show the comparison....

personally, i feel that the performance of the dual spray is comparable to a single beckett....maybe i felt so because it is my own work...hehehe....but my frens agreed too, maybe they are trying to console me?? :angry:

i'll take a pic of the beckett tomolo loh....

me always supportive of DIY gurus like u........ but only morally...... not financially. :eyebrow: juz make sure u hv a damn good one for me in 6 mths time when i come back from japan. that will give u enuff trial and error period to come out with ur ultra RobSkimMaster!!!

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
me always supportive of DIY gurus like u........ but only morally...... not financially. :eyebrow: juz make sure u hv a damn good one for me in 6 mths time when i come back from japan. that will give u enuff trial and error period to come out with ur ultra RobSkimMaster!!!

ok....will keep tat in mine...maybe might come out with a RobSKim Mighty1 (4 spray injectors + 4ft tall)....

• SRC Member

it took hermit and i a total of 3-4 days to complete the skimmer....but around 2weeks to source for the cheapest material and equiptments....most of the acrylic are laser-cut,except for the box at the bottom which i got cut and delivered by dama...

used chloroform and acrifix (as recommended by chipson) to seal up all the joints..

i must admit, even though the pic shows that it is quite nice, my workmanship is way below commercial standards...chloroform and acrifix are not that easy to handle...but it is the fun of DIYing that counts....

cross my fingers and pray that it will work...gonna run it at a close friend's place and compete with one of the best skimmers around...

lotsa thanks to hermit who faithfully wake me up every morning and help me through the whole process!!! :bow::bow::bow:

here's another look..

PS: Dr EVIL!!! show us yours!!!

post-9-1087680661.jpg

• SRC Member
it took hermit and i a total of 3-4 days to complete the skimmer....but around 2weeks to source for the cheapest material and equiptments....most of the acrylic are laser-cut,except for the box at the bottom which i got cut and delivered by dama...

used chloroform and acrifix (as recommended by chipson) to seal up all the joints..

i must admit, even though the pic shows that it is quite nice, my workmanship is way below commercial standards...chloroform and acrifix are not that easy to handle...but it is the fun of DIYing that counts....

cross my fingers and pray that it will work...gonna run it at a close friend's place and compete with one of the best skimmers around...

lotsa thanks to hermit who faithfully wake me up every morning and help me through the whole process!!! :bow::bow::bow:

here's another look..

PS: Dr EVIL!!! show us yours!!!

Odds 100:1 definitely will worked very well if run by two separate pumps...........my advance congrats to typrobin & hermit :-)

Eric

• SRC Member

Odds 100:1 definitely will worked very well if run by two separate pumps...........my advance congrats to typrobin & hermit :-)

Eric

yup eric, i feel so too...i think if i were to seperate the 2 injectors and run individually, it should run better...not tested yet...but feel that it should...

thanks for the encouragements....hope tat i will be able to post some pics of it running tomolo...

• SRC Member

changed the gasket to silicon sheet...no more leakage...

1st try at vinoth's place, not successful, too much burping...brought it back and added a ball valve to control the water intake, less burping now...think the md55 is too strong...just started running at 9pm just now...waiting for results...

this is the pic of if as at 9pm....pls pray hard that it will work!!!

post-9-1088345448.jpg