My personal observation abt ML

• SRC Member

Was at Hong Leong last week. Saw a piece of green stripe mushroom (dunno correct name or not). There is about 7 to 8 of them wif size ranging from 1 - 1½ inches.

I was shock when Henry quote me the price. $12 ! OMG, I can get it at $6 in Lorong Halus.

Double huh? I dunno about you guys....... yes although he is very knowledgeable and friendly. I find that his price is getting higher and higher. ..........

No intention to sabotage ....... but personally I tell myself that i will try to reduce my buying from him as far as possible.

:erm:

dino07.gif

• SRC Member

Well, it's a free market and consumer like us have a choice. Thus, do our homework well to avoid becoming a "robert". This is also applicable to anything we buy, be it grocery, home appliances, computer, etc. Impulsive buying is always a victim of ridiculous markup.

Just like in another thread, someone paid $10-$15 for a bi-color blenny but I got from somewhere at only $5/-.

2 cents worth.

Limpc

• SRC Member

Last month he quoted me a Eheim 1260 for $200 where my friend bought it from Patrick only at $155. Petmart is selling at $140 I heard.

Everythings seem to be on a high side execpt his Frame angel still selling at old price.

:(

• SRC Member
I think he got his supply from sri lanka, maybe thats why the cost is higher

If that is the reason ...... then he perhap its time he change a supplier? By selling higher he will be at a losing edge and pple who are not familiar about the price will end up paying higher .... :(

Yes, he always argue that it is not fair to compare his price with those in the farm. Also gives me the reason that rental is high. Of course I don't expect him to sell at $6 also. But.......... if sealife can sell at $8 I don't find it justifiable to sell at $12. :fear: <_<

Take the salt "Tropic marine" as another good example. During Patrick's time, it was selling at $90, now it is at $93. Oh yes.... there is an 1% increase in GST, and I also know about multiplier effect. But ....... how can a 1% increase multiply into 3%.

*confuse* <_<

dino07.gif

Oops. Press RETURN too fast...

Probably just view the difference in $ as the service charge.

Was @ Coralfarm last weekend with a fren who got 1 big chunk of mushroom (do know wat name) for about $4. Well no service & ya, not to mention the petrol used !

• SRC Member
Last month he quoted me a Eheim 1260 for $200 where my friend bought it from Patrick only at $155. Petmart is selling at $140 I heard.

Everythings seem to be on a high side execpt his Frame angel still selling at old price.

:(

I saw a sump tank (about 2½ to 3 ft) he place onto the shelve ..... out of curiousity I asked him how much do he charge if i were to ask him to make one for me. It is quoted at $200 ....... :unsure:

dino07.gif

• SRC Member
:o tis is the 1st -ve comment abt HL...anyway...HL LS is never cheap :blink:

hmmm.......... sad to say, I arrived at this conclusion after several encountered ...

Nah ...... I don't mean he has to sell it cheap. Just need to be reasonable, thats all.

Will i get cornered because of this post? hopefully not :P:P

dino07.gif

• SRC Member

Story:

was there to get some Polyfilter, that day of the month, need to replenish something soft/dry/with wings on it :P

Henry was quoted me at $17 each, bit of shock cos old cheeky Patrick used to sell $25 for 2. later he explained that the sources he's getting now is not that cheap, and he is new in the business ... however, he did recommend me to buy the polyfilter from SeaLife, which turn out to be cheaper, $32 for 3

Conclusion:

His stuff are more exp. butta give him some time. I won't put him under blacklisted LFS either :fear:

The Truth:

My real name is Spade Ko :yeah::yeah::yeah:

• SRC Member

I spoke to the other guy.. Patrick? the young chap.. Asked about his pricing.. He say henry just took over.. So trying to cover back some of his investments.. Part of the reason of overprice.. But I asked Henry.. He say he is open to comments, say if can get cheaper anywhere else, let him know.. But I also find his prices abit ex.. But if it's quality stuff or customer service (returnable if faulty or unsuitable) is good, I won't mind paying..

• SRC Member
Story:

was there to get some Polyfilter, that day of the month, need to replenish something soft/dry/with wings on it :P

Henry was quoted me at $17 each, bit of shock cos old cheeky Patrick used to sell $25 for 2. later he explained that the sources he's getting now is not that cheap, and he is new in the business ... however, he did recommend me to buy the polyfilter from SeaLife, which turn out to be cheaper, $32 for 3

Conclusion:

His stuff are more exp. butta give him some time. I won't put him under blacklisted LFS either :fear:

The Truth:

My real name is Spade Ko :yeah::yeah::yeah:

kekekeke......... :P

Soori but you gave me the impression that not only we have to support his business but also to come out extra so that his cost can be recovered faster?

But .... wait......... What do we get as a consumer? Singtel gives away free shares hoping that Singaporean will be faithful to their company. Hmmm ......... will we be issue with some share for these *ponder*

dino07.gif

• SRC Member
kekekeke......... :P

Soori but you gave me the impression that not only we have to support his business but also to come out extra so that his cost can be recovered faster?

at the end, i bought from SeaLife ;)

:off:

is a bit tense here now. let's sing a song ... :yeah:

Michael Jackson Bad tune.... "MAD"

U know i MAD, I MAD, I MAD ... (phang sing along ... :yeah::whistle )

aw...

• SRC Member

at the end, i bought from SeaLife ;)

:off:

is a bit tense here now. let's sing a song ... :yeah:

Michael Jackson Bad tune.... "MAD"

U know i MAD, I MAD, I MAD ... (phang sing along ... :yeah::whistle )

aw...

no tense lark! It is a open discussing, exchange of thoughs and feeling :P *puke*

Khek khek khek khek ......... :lol:

You Siow ..... :D

dino07.gif

well, i do cringe sometimes when i hear the price.

not really worth going there for me, as i stay rather far.

anyway, i find that its a must for LFS owner to be knowledgable. its not an option.

and to charge more jsu becos of the knowledge is pretty much hogwash i think