roidan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Bro Roidan,

Start to see a few more anthias...are they making a come back soon? hehehe

BTW, why are you regreting keeping 2 RBTA? They are gorgeous. Do you only have one pair of true percula clown? Is the other RBTA vacant most of the time or the clown switch home once in a while?

• SRC Member

hamann:

yeah.....that time bought alot of red stuff,

dun worry, such stuff almost seasonal one....sometimes so many until u dun wanna buy...hehe

:)

u sure bro???? the only red stuff i see are in ppl's display tank :lol::lol:

Bro Roidan,

Start to see a few more anthias...are they making a come back soon? hehehe

BTW, why are you regreting keeping 2 RBTA?  They are gorgeous.  Do you only have one pair of true percula clown?  Is the other RBTA vacant most of the time or the clown switch home once in a while?

only added a few bartletts during this ML shipment...

the rest of the anthias were those that survived the holocaust of reduced feedings...lol

some hiding in the rocks, dens.....

regret because both are the same thing....i would safely say they grew to 3 times their original size.....

u wanna see how one of it look like when i first got it?

one of it looked like this <_<

post-34-1089903093.jpg

bronv take pics of your bartletts ar?

got a couple of them swimming as u see in the tank pic lor...close up not easy to take as they are still quite finicky....trying to blend in with the other fishes....let me see if i can dig out one...

ok..here u go..a bartlett with a dispar

seriously no more feeding 5 to 6 times a day even when my new skimmer is here, coz end up my tangs eat more and more and get larger faster, i want to keep them longer before they get too large, so must not feed too much....

and i guess one of the easier anthias to keep with less feedings are bartletts... :)

dispars also less demanding, but i still prefer bartletts, but they dun seem to be the kind to like to school together....they seem rather boisterous...lol

nonetheless, when i build up their population, we all shall see if bartletts do indeed school together :)

but my guess is that they will not school together as compactly and organised as my previous queens, but...we shall see....we shall see :)

post-34-1089903693.jpg

• SRC Member

sure...few months back....maybe half a year ago...

alot of red pratas, red brains, even blastos....

or maybe it's just me, i keep seeing red things around....

hope not blood though :sick:

at that time i was still fascinated by damsels :P:lol::paiseh:

• SRC Member

only added a few bartletts during this ML shipment...

the rest of the anthias were those that survived the holocaust of reduced feedings...lol

some hiding in the rocks, dens.....

regret because both are the same thing....i would safely say they grew to 3 times their original size.....

u wanna see how one of it look like when i first got it?

one of it looked like this <_<

Wah...that's a big difference man. :blink::blink::blink:

How do you make your anemone grow 3 times the size? Also, the color seems to have changed from pink to bright red. Well done!!! Do you feed the anemone or add any additive?

BTW, when is your skimmer coming? Interested to see the pictures. :)

Thanks,

Patrick

yeah man....

those whitish pinkish rbta...more or less also bleached one....

mine is a living proof...

last time fed market prawn when i first got them, but i never feed for a long long time liao...they just depend on light i guess...

skimmer ah...in progress lor...maybe next month then can put into use...not sure yet...slow and steady...then wun gabra :lol:

wun be posting much of the skimmer also lah..maybe just post the foam chamber and skimmate next time...see how...will update accordingly

• SRC Member

Bro Roidan,

Notice u r one of the experience reefer here, wonder why didnt u keep some SPS..... :huh: I understand most reefers here loves to keep SPS even for myself, but cos my knowledge is shallow and my tank is not biologically ready. I decided to give it a quit... :lol:

I think because roidan wants to keep a tang filled with tangs and anthiases. it'll be a struggle *not impossible though* to keep SPSes.

as for people like me, *I hope I don't offend anybody by saying this* but I prefer the swaying motion of LPS. SPS is too stationary. :P

• SRC Member
I think because roidan wants to keep a tang filled with tangs and anthiases. it'll be a struggle *not impossible though* to keep SPSes.

as for people like me, *I hope I don't offend anybody by saying this* but I prefer the swaying motion of LPS. SPS is too stationary. :P

yup...he is now cheonging some lfs to accumulate even more of the fish, so the day to dawn will only materialise if he stops his fish buying... :lol:

lol...

yeah...not say i never try lah...used to buy a couple of pieces...but coz of the nutrient load, slowly brown up...lol....either in the end give to frens or threw away...so decided not to waste money or waste sps...

at least, i cannot be accused of crowding around sps tubs now and depriving reefers here of space to buy corals with my fat butt :lol:

cannot be greedy....like terry said, hard, not impossible though, to have alot of fishes with sps...

for me...fishes are my first love....

next come corals....and since i have big tangs and want to have alot of anthias,

i think lps is the best in such nutrient waters irregardless of how powerful a skimmer can get....

sps is nice....i shall not be greedy...when i wanna see colourful sps, i go to other reefer's house to see....hehe

sps is picture perfect, static beauty, stuns your senses in their stationary way...

but swaying lps, captivates me with their dynamic movement ;)

hamann, btw, i dun think you can call me an experienced reefer....otherwise you are going to offend reefers here with decades of experience....i am just a lucky reefer that more or less manage to have my reef tank going my way...so i dare not frequently go around telling people how experienced i am...coz the number of years of experience is probably less than the fingers on your either hand :lol:

but yeah...if you wanna consider aquatic-based hobby, yeah...i have more than 20 years of experience in such fishy stuff :lol: