weileong's 4ft tank - Part II

weileong

• SRC Member
Zeostart dosage. Can see that the zeostart dosage needed is reduced as the nutrients level in the tank drop.

I've stopped dosing zeostart 3 days ago and monitoring the PO4 levels.

Wah...........this is wat I call high tech reefing................LOL

Eric

Hey I didn't even know excel can plot graph, so I am in the age where there is only cyano?

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Nutrients getting lower. Have to up the AAHC dosage.

Now PO4 is undetectable with the hanna PO4 meter, maybe need to use ICP :P

Did 5 test

I thought the PO4 meter low battery or something wrong so I tested the tap water 3 times and got

post-34-1120131761.jpg

Too high nutrients will feed and cause the zooxanthellae in the SPS tissue to be saturated hence giving the golden brown color or dark green color.

With lowered nutrients and sufficient lights, the zooxanthellae density in the coral tissue will be lower and the color of the sps can be better seen.

NO3 and PO4 are just the two nutrients that we can measure, so we assume that with low NO3 and PO4 we have low nutrients.

I surely hope they don't grow so fast, going to monitor and reduce the lighting hrs and see how it goes.