What do get in Hong Kong?

tineng

• SRC Member

No problem lah. Drop her off at Lady Street at Mong Kok to do her summer sales shopping and then sneak off to Fish Street on the other end of the street. Only 10 min walk away. If not sure, ask around. Call 'Gold Fish Street' and translate this into cantoneese 'Kum Yu Gai'

But the Iwakis from fish street not the cheapest around, but still cheaper than singapore around 1/2 price. The cheapest source at 1/3 price is located at far off place in new territory i think.

remember to bring extra cargo bag!

• SRC Member

The exact name of Gold Fish Street is Fa Yuen Street.

You may wan to check out the Macro needle wheel skimmer that are not in our market yet due to high demand from Taiwan and Hongkong.

PH monitors? :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Just got back from HK last week. 1/2 day not enough too see everything!

Most of the shops will only open at 12pm. So best time to go is in the evening where it is not so hot and your wifey can shopin the nearby ladies market.

Can get aquabee pump if you really want. Cost compared to S'pore is really cheaper

• SRC Member

Good to know, I am planning to drive up there so I will have lot of space in boot to buy :)

Please contribute some more, so I will know where to find and what to buy also.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

if you can help me bring back 2 iwaki pumps...i subsidise a small part of your petrol :P

No prob bro.

I might have whole V90 boot space.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
but seriously if you bring stuff back..will you get taxed at a few points along the way?

So far, I had travelled ( mean drive and back ) from 5 countries for 4 times. No custom check encounter.One time, Only reach to SG customer office asked me to open the boot and seem full stuff in the boot ( ofcourse all are unwraped and in lauggages ) of 550L, he smiled and asked me "U must had gone for long holiday", well I said, "yes all the way to Laos" and that's the end of story.

I don't bring other thing, only last trip, I bought back a few pump for my closed project. So far I am responsible citizen. Buying back a few thing for personal or as gift is not a problem I believe. As long as not commericalize which I am Not :rolleyes:

If happened to paid tax, I get back from you lar :upsidedown:

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

shiok shiok... hongkong now got Great HK Sale... your wifey confirm hands full with shopping :lol: no problem with slipping away for awhile... :rolleyes:

if got time, go Lantau island (Nan Ya Tau)... nice nice... break away from the buzz of the main areas... got nice seafood village there too. Love the place over there.. ;)

• SRC Member
No problem lah. Drop her off at Lady Street at Mong Kok to do her summer sales shopping and then sneak off to Fish Street on the other end of the street. Only 10 min walk away. If not sure, ask around. Call 'Gold Fish Street' and translate this into cantoneese 'Kum Yu Gai'

remember to bring extra cargo bag!

my wife is the tiger at home and mouse outside type of person....so cannot leave her to shop by herself.... :(

Anyway, my plan for this trip is to bring only 2 sets of clothing and a huge Empty bags.....

• SRC Member
Good to know, I am planning to drive up there so I will have lot of space in boot to buy :)

Please contribute some more, so I will know where to find and what to buy also.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

will give a report when i came back from the trip....maybe can then 'lobang' you to buy stuff what I left out during my trip.... :P

• 2 years later...
  • SRC Member
Am going to HK soon!

Any stuffs worth buying??? :D

Anyone wish to tompang to buy also can :lol:

me! i will pm u wad i'm finding.. can help me get? haha.. :lol: i did not bring enough cash on my feb tour.. :(

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• 4 weeks later...