Bad* experience at Coralfarm

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

:lol::lol:

IMO, I had been there nos. of times, the Auntie are Ok.... But agree that 4cm should not sell as "ADULT"..... Pls take note that their price are on the high side. But the fishes are very healthy & can try to feed them before U get it......

Relax man... It just a fish. U can try other LFs or Farm, there always have the shipments....don't worry be happy..... Relax... :eyebrow::eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Think its good to reflect to either gilbert or jon, this kind of thing cant happen so often also... i have had mixed experiences there before, wanted a 2" juvenile french, but quoted me a super high price. <_< on the other hand, some other fishes i buy, she will give a lower price... just feedback lor, good for them, good for customers too.. :peace:

Hmmm.... Shld at least bother to call BOSS to ask like whether they have adult orange shoulder in the 1st place.. if dun hav, then confirm is sub-adult liao mah...

So stoopig... Damn pissed tt day.. but now okie liao lah... :peace:

CF hav quality fishes doesn't mean they dun need quality services rite? Mix up breed nvm, but at least make effort to find out... Come back another day, tink every1 so free... Something hav to be done bout this i guess.... <_<

• SRC Member

next time don't bother going all the way there....Pacific Marine brings in the juveniles all the time and they're priced really dirt cheap....next time if I see any can PM you liao....Orange Shoulders are in abundance....not to worry..... ;)

But retailing at that price is ridiculous...... :blink: I don't think even an adult would cost that much...highly doubt so..... <_<

• SRC Member
Wouldnt agree that Pacific Marine is very cheap, was quoted $55 for a Golden Angel. Den when I went to Reborn, it was $28!!!

Golden angel not ex lah....aiyoh...you kenna price so high.... :huh:

next time must go with me...... :lol: Unlce there consider me his GF..... :pinch: Even LR can get cheap..... :P Just bought a large magnificent piece at good price.

Seriously the Orange Shoulders are cheap not a much sought after fish that is.... ;)

Thanx Sis AP..

Ya i noe... Actually dun intend to get OS tang one.. cos we like so many tangs, OS was actualli not in the list liao....but the one we saw at CF was so tiny.. i tot it was quite cute, bioload wun so big so decided to get it lo...

Unhappy experience la... :(

• SRC Member
Thanx Sis AP..

Ya i noe... Actually dun intend to get OS tang one.. cos we like so many tangs, OS was actualli not in the list liao....but the one we saw at CF was so tiny.. i tot it was quite cute, bioload wun so big so decided to get it lo...

Unhappy experience la... :(

You're welcome sis,

just bought one more from there last weekend....when they see me they know what tang I want.... :lol:

I think the OS is the hardiest and very easy to keep....even resistant to Ich..... :D

sad to hear that experience you guys had.... :(

I strongly suggest to everyone that you either speak to Jon or Gilbert next time when it comes to the livestock you want to pick up at CoralFarm, and not the foreign workers & especially not the old lady who's a retired grandma and goes there to help out and cook meals for the crew!

Hope you guys are aware that Coral Farm's primary business is export and the fact they do open their gates for locals to breeze in and buy stuff is really a bonus to us as it is our patronage is inconsequential to their revenue. They will and can afford to close their gates to us ANYTIME.. depriving us of a chance to even view quality livestock! Sometimes these guys are too busy to entertain walk-in customers, but they do... you can't expect service like a full-blown retail outlet would like most LFS. So maybe you should lower your expectations a little? :unsure:

lvcap, do speak to Jon directly about this issue and hope you'll settle your unhappiness.

AT

• SRC Member

Sure AT..

I would love to speak to him..

I am still waiting for him to contact me....seems like i wasnt the only one who was quoted unreasonable prices or given bad service.

I know their primary business is in exporting...but it still doesnt explain how they should treat the local customers..who of course dun contribute much to their bottom line..

ps: they were not busy at that time...the "so frenly" old lady was scrubbing their giant skimmer...

to the one who said something abt quoting another person $10.00 : the price of $189.00 was quoted from the OFFICIAL pricelist....

Ok... hope you'll settle this personally with them soon.

Anyway... to put it into perspective:

No need to get high blood pressure over a fish. ;)

• SRC Member

Wah liao..... wtf!! this kind of people how to do business!??!?!?!

Ai yah, some of them are like that... no point getting angry. Uncle pork-belly at LCK 110 also "humtum" me once. Last year, I saw a very nice red LPS in the show tank and asked him how much is it. You know what he said? "Ai yah, don't need to ask, you cannot afford it one lah..." @#%**&*%%. I "tahan" and repeated my question and added that if he doesn not tell me, how will I know if I cannot afford it? Again he refused to reveal...

You go fish farm is like that one lah.... seletar, LCK etc... will kanna it from time to time...

Want good service - Ocean-Bio, e-aquanature lah... :)

show tank stuffs are really more X..

dun b surprised its mark up by 2-3times.

n not everyone can afford it.. myself included.

but he can put it in a more diplomatic way..

• SRC Member

good name sia..uncle pork belly..

i bet we both saw and kenna from the same guy..

yah i know most farms are rude at times...i kenna from T**, LCK and a few..

but Irwana has not let me down yet...and CF...first time after 1 yr..

i never expected CF to join the gang of "rudies"....

no boil blood..but just wan to share with fellow reefers here..

all of us take so much effort to drive all the way in to buy stuff....these pple dun even appreciate and take customers for granted....see when they collapse loh..

• SRC Member

yah..Gilbert is frenly.....if the one i always tok to is Gilbert...the one who drives a merc and always bring his family there on sunday..

but ask me go back there and see the kuku again?

spoil my shopping pleasure nia..

other than the true percula pairs..i think most of the stuff they sell..are available elsewhere.....

Ivcap, you have been using words like old hag, kuku, ###### to describe the aunty which I think is uncalled for. True, maybe she did quote you the wrong price for the wrong fish but why are you so worked up over it that you can't get over the incident? Over a fish?

Your belittling only succeeds in lowering yourself in the eyes of others. Personally, I feel you gone a bit too far with the name calling.