Getting a new car, which make and model?

pangz

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

whatever you do, don't get the new sunnys! consume a whole lot of petrol! my dad is reeling from the effects already after only 3 mths!

hmmmm G9 has long legroom? my mom used to complain that she's got no space at the back! or maybe it's because i used to push the seat too far :P

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

No one mentioned Honda Civic?

Your budget will include all the 1.6 family saloon cars.

Go to all the show rooms and look around then narrow down to a few you like.

It will be easier to decide from there.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

While you are at the showroom check if they have the colours you want and when is the delivery date. Don't be surprised it takes 3 months to get your car. 1.6L vehicles are selling like hot cakes!

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

there is a honda with the word "FIT" at the back... is this a different version of the jazz or is it another model altogether? :erm: whenever i see 1 on the road, it's always with skirts and quiet nicely done up... :eyebrow:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

Ya, abt the Fit and Jazz are the same? always very confused as they look so alike!

Another thing. For Toyota Altis, They have both the 1.8 and 1.6 versions. They use the same car boydy kit, just that the engines are different. So does the difference in engine capacity affects the fuel consumption rate?

• SRC Member

Fit and Jazz has the same body structure but utilise different engine. As IanJ pointed, Fit is only avail from P.I and it uses Vtec engine. Jazz is using i.DSi (something like tat). :P

With your budget, I'll suggest you look at those 1.6L cars. Ford Focus is not bad a choice too.

Cheers

JC

Ya, abt the Fit and Jazz are the same? always very confused as they look so alike!

Another thing. For Toyota Altis, They have both the 1.8 and 1.6 versions. They use the same car boydy kit, just that the engines are different. So does the difference in engine capacity affects the fuel consumption rate?

Fit and Jazz is almost the same. Fit is from Japan, Jazz is from Thailand. Jazz is 3hp smaller than Fit. Fit interior is much better.

Toyota altis is from thailand, corolla is from japan. Interior wise, corrolla is better looking.

Altis got 1.6, 1.8 & 2.0litres. 1.8l car more fuel efficiency which will not be so taxing when the car acelerates.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member

Fit and Jazz is almost the same. Fit is from Japan, Jazz is from Thailand. Jazz is 3hp smaller than Fit. Fit interior is much better.

Toyota altis is from thailand, corolla is from japan. Interior wise, corrolla is better looking.

Altis got 1.6, 1.8 & 2.0litres. 1.8l car more fuel efficiency which will not be so taxing when the car acelerates.

I'm not sure if I'm right but last I heard from Kah Motor SE, Jazz is actually from Japan. Its P.I that is spreading news that Jazz is from Thailand in an attempt to push sales for Fit. Maybe if Pangz go to the Kah Motors can check it out. ;)

http://forum.sg-fit-jazz.com/

I think you will find that Jazz is made in Japan.

Jazz and Fit both come with the same DSi 1330cc engine, its only the 1.5 Fit that has a VTEC engine.

Apart from the radio, no real difference in Fit/Jazz interior.

If you check out the UK motoring press you will see that the Jazz came out No.1 for the best alround car/ car most people were happy with.

I dont work for Honda just have driven possibly more cars and more miles than most to know whats good and whats not

I'm not sure if I'm right but last I heard from Kah Motor SE, Jazz is actually from Japan. Its P.I that is spreading news that Jazz is from Thailand in an attempt to push sales for Fit. Maybe if Pangz go to the Kah Motors can check it out. ;)

http://forum.sg-fit-jazz.com/

I'm car salesman with a distributor(Not Kah Motors). jc85, you r right. Both Jazz & fit are manufactured in Japan. The only difference is Fit is JDM(Japanese Domestic Market) while Jazz is the export version. In Japan, You can find a lot car names that you will not find it here in Singapore. Example. Soarer which is Lexus SC430.

You can never find a Lexus in Japan 1 year ago. B'cos Lexus is created by Toyota as a luxury model to compete with BMW & Benz outside of Japan.

PI always try to mislead consumer. <_<

Try not to buy car make from Korea or Thailand(Always check with car mechanics what car will they reconmend.Chances are they will tell you not to buy Korea or thailand made car.).If you really want to get a Altis, get the lower cc.This is b'cos if both car is using the same platform, the smaller cc one will have better resale value.

IMHO, middle ranged european cars like FORD, do not hv as good a resale value as japanese cars.

I think for Singapore road, it is better to get a Japanese car.

Try get a car from a reliable distributor like Borneo Motors, Cycle & Carriage, Kah Motors and Tan Cheong.

Reasons being they have original spare parts for their cars and you do not have to wait for the parts cos they do keep quite a lot in their parts department. Furthermore, cars these day are getting more high tech and they do send their technician to the plant in Japan for training and have all the neccessary equipment.

I'm not saying Ford is no good(they do win @ WRC for Ford Focus, it can't be that wrong).

What I'm saying is due to numbers of cars they sold in S'pore, it will be wiser choice to choose a Jap car. Unless you are buying a 2nd car for your wife, or you hv extra cash to spend and u dun hv to worry abt resale value. :angel:

• SRC Member

Don't buy a Ford Focus now because it will be replaced with a new model next year. The Ford Focus is a very good car. It's big and gutsy yet comes with an amazingly sharp drive that no 1.6L can match.

I think the Jazz/Fit is too small. Maybe for a couple (and their dogs) it's good but not for a whole family (2 kids and their dogs).

There is also the Subaru Impreza TS but that is 4WD. If you don't need 4WD there is little point in getting that car.

Seat Toledo is a left field choice.

Mitsubishi Lancer, check out the built quality first then decide if you can live with it.

Skoda Octavia is actually a pretty decent car.

Chevrolet Optra anyone? Daewoo really but getting more and more popular.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

skodas are so rare... would spare parts be a problem? or is it rare because of other not-so-good reasons?

Don't underestimate what you can get into a Jazz, its got very clever packaging.

If you know Dr Who from the UK, its best described as the Tardis(bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside).

We have got numbers and stuff into a Jazz that there would be no chance of in a saloon like a Corolla, Lancer etc.

I thought that the focus was due for a change, just had not seen anything in print yet.

• SRC Member

Jazz/Fit may be pretty smart with loading (it certainly is able to haul more than my car) but that doesn't change the fact that it is a small car with a small engine. The interior is physically smaller than a decent sized 1.6L saloon. The only good of a small car is if it has a BIG engine!

The test car of the Focus has been spotted on the tracks. New Focus should be out next year.

People don't buy Skodas because they are not familiar with it. I don't know what's the big deal about cost of spare parts if the car doesn't break down. For example, Audi is suppose to be very costly to service and spare parts costs diamonds, but so far, for the first 3 years, servicing was free and the only thing that needs to be replaced was the oil. How expensive is that?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Speaking abt small cars having small engines, does the jazz consume as much fuel as say matrix? Jazz has good loading place but can it fit 4-5 pple comfortably?

Was thinking of heading down to Borneo Motor show room this weekend to have a look at the Altis or Wish. Cos i prefer the exterior of Corolla instead. Do you all happen to know if Borneo is still bringing in any more of the old model Corolla instead of the Altis?