$0.40 Alkanility,Calcium,Magnesium dripper

Eric

• SRC Member

1) 1.5L plastic soft drink bottle - FREE

2) Air valve & air tubing - $0.40

Purpose : - For those who cannot afford a calcium reactor and yet lazy to pour the mix chemical bit by bit every hour.

p/s: Use the appropriate test kit to check for level before dosing chemical. Do not dose too many teaspoons of chemical at one time. Do it slow and check for level again after dose.

Eric

post-9-1092818828.jpg

• SRC Member

Label or mark your chemical dripper.

Mix chemical solution in a separate container and pour into respective dripper.

Do not attempt to drip multiple chemical all at once. At least an hour interval or alternate day is recommended for different chemical.

Eric

My Chemical compartment:-

post-9-1092819390.jpg

• SRC Member

End of the day, these new toys are effective and it save a handful of the guyz some money to spend on LSs.

May I know by any chance you belongs to one of the creative team when you're in your schooling days. These are cool ideas, I must say.

Cheers, bro.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

ok, very interesting.

Now, here is a brain teaser;

I just got a kalkwaser reactor and T.U.B.B.Y system from the wonderful Cookiemunster. the question is;

I want to try and add KH, (or reef builder), via your mehtod. Soooooo...have you any suggestions, how this would interface with and automatic top up system?

i.e KH and Kalwasser should be added on alternate days at the very least..right?

If i set up a drip system like yours, will it be ok, even of at some times Kalkwasser is being added att he same time?

Standing by....anyone?

• SRC Member
1) 1.5L plastic soft drink bottle - FREE

2) Air valve & air tubing - $0.40

Purpose : - For those who cannot afford a calcium reactor and yet lazy to pour the mix chemical bit by bit every hour.

p/s: Use the appropriate test kit to check for level before dosing chemical. Do not dose too many teaspoons of chemical at one time. Do it slow and check for level again after dose.

Eric

Eric.

Where to buy the Air valve & air tubing - $0.40 ? ... i want to do one for myself also.. dunno where to find the parts.

can advise where / which shop you got it from ?

thanks a million !!

CHEERS!

Rocks

AND...having looked at your design, a suggestion;

If you place the bottle at a higher level than the sump tank, you could create suction, (manually), (no rude comments please), then start the drip.

It would mean you could have the connection at the top of the bottle, avoiding potential problems of sediment settling out at the bottom, and blocking your drip.

I hope someone is following this.

Tick Tock, roll on 6pm!!

• SRC Member

Eric.

Where to buy the Air valve & air tubing - $0.40 ? ... i want to do one for myself also.. dunno where to find the parts.

can advise where / which shop you got it from ?

thanks a million !!

CHEERS!

Rocks

Petmart has everything..........but I didn't buy from petmart lah, I bought from a Arowana fish shop inside pasir ris farmway.

"Wo shi Chuan Xin Wang" - hehe no lah, I not from any creative team. But I always like to think of ways to get things done in a "cheaper" way.

My latest idea is to make a wavemaker for the return flow using the safety valve popping concept but drop the idea cos unable to locate a rustproof spring.

Tiny Tears - Do the drip when your water is on the higher side or after the autowater top up complete the topping up. When doing the dripping, you are indirectly increasing the water level so by right ur auto top up will not cut in unless you control the drip rate so slow until the evaporation rate is faster than your drip rate.

Eric

• SRC Member
AND...having looked at your design, a suggestion;

If you place the bottle at a higher level than the sump tank, you could create suction, (manually), (no rude comments please), then start the drip.

It would mean you could have the connection at the top of the bottle, avoiding potential problems of  sediment settling out at the bottom, and blocking your drip.

I hope someone is following this.

Tick Tock, roll on 6pm!!

If you notice, the air tubing is abt 3cm extended inside the container to prevent undissolve sediments from plugging the air tubing.

So far I try, no air lock problems yet........if there is any air lock causing obstruction for the liquid to flow down, just lift up the dripper and tap the air valve a few times for the air bubbles to escape.

Eric

• SRC Member
Petmart has everything..........but I didn't buy from petmart lah, I bought from a Arowana fish shop inside pasir ris farmway.

Arowana fish shop ... is it along stretch of road before going to Iwarna har ? ...

:paiseh:

not too sure ...

CHEERS!

Rocks

• SRC Member
Label or mark your chemical dripper.

Mix chemical solution in a separate container and pour into respective dripper.

Do not attempt to drip multiple chemical all at once. At least an hour interval or alternate day is recommended for different chemical.

Eric

My Chemical compartment:-

i thought the KH solution should not be exposed to air ?

• SRC Member
;)

:-) that's the improve version.........hehehe

A lot of reefers out there have long did their own simple DIY, but just too lazy to share it out.........come on guys, show us your diy and help each other save some money.

Eric

WOW very nice DIY dripper, hehe anyone care to make them in bulk and nicer ?

Hehe..

Ming

*hint* *hint* :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
hi everyone, this is cool, that this mean that i just need to leave the valve open and will drip , no other instrument?where should i place them, main tank or sump?

Best is drip it at high flow area............the sump inlet has the highest flow area for my tank setup.........so i place the dripper just above it.

Eric

• SRC Member
Hmmm Eric... i going to make one for myself... so for all the chemicals, you using 1 drop per sec? Or do i have to calculate my tank capacity before deciding how many drop per sec i can set to my doser?

I do not know, 1 drop per sec is just a rough estimation. The premix concentration (number of teaspoon) is not critical.

Eric