my 2' tank....

• SRC Member

if u keep them in old tank water- wif a sponge filter & feed them frozen bloodworms- they last ........... until u need them. Maybe a sprinkle of aquarium salt.

can use bucket,toyoyo containers,plastic tanks(anything).

just saw mini versions of them(in a tnk wif discus), the eggs must have hatch & they survived plankton stage. i have a habit of keeping them till they release eggs then i feed them to the triggers.

• SRC Member

yah, using corner unit filter to keep those shrimps.... 1.5' arcylic tank some more, around 7~8 gallon.... using aged water and a single $5 air pump to run the corner unit.... normally, 20%~30% will die in the first day, then another 20%%~30% second day.... then again and again and again..... the smallest amount i could buy is $2/pkt.... the LFS at my area dun sells anything less than that.... ends up using less than 20% of the shrimps i bought.... shit!!

how about those fresh shrimps from shop n save? cut into smaller pcs and keep the rest in the freezer?

• SRC Member

well, i used to get baby clownfishes from pac marine.. and feed them but i cannot tahan the cost.. very costly.. thus the longkang fishes..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Baby clownfish!?!?! :angry:

You evil evil man!

How can you feed something so cute! :(

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
yah, using corner unit filter to keep those shrimps.... 1.5' arcylic tank some more, around 7~8 gallon.... using aged water and a single $5 air pump to run the corner unit.... normally, 20%~30% will die in the first day, then another 20%%~30% second day.... then again and again and again..... the smallest amount i could buy is $2/pkt.... the LFS at my area dun sells anything less than that.... ends up using less than 20% of the shrimps i bought.... shit!!

how about those fresh shrimps from shop n save? cut into smaller pcs and keep the rest in the freezer?

Tigershark,

If you can get your Lionfish to accept processed food, then these shrimps should do....... I fed mine with dried krill....

Well I know of one LFS that fed their stock of predatory fishes with bits of cuttlefish..... ;)

• SRC Member

tigershark, one thing i forgot to mention i observed that wif water that is hard or wif a high ph....they die off, wif 100% tapwater they die like that too. only success i had of long term was wif aged water- ph 6ish, stained brownish by bogwood.

there will sure be deaths- but usually only within the first few days. More than 50% stay alive. another thing is not to overcrowd them. a 2ft tnk then i put 1 pack. other wise in plastic tnks i just keep a handful.

keep the smaller ones, pluck the head off the big ones & peel shell then feed other fishes- u will be surprise that clowns relish them.

if u can train them to eat market prawns, so much easier & better.

• SRC Member
tigershark, one thing i forgot to mention i observed that wif water that is hard or wif a high ph....they die off, wif 100% tapwater they die like that too. only success i had of long term was wif aged water- ph 6ish, stained brownish by bogwood.

there will sure be deaths- but usually only within the first few days. More than 50% stay alive. another thing is not to overcrowd them. a 2ft tnk then i put 1 pack. other wise in plastic tnks i just keep a handful.

keep the smaller ones, pluck the head off the big ones & peel shell then feed other fishes- u will be surprise that clowns relish them.

if u can train them to eat market prawns, so much easier & better.

PH 6!!!... PH reading of tape water in Yishun is around 7.2~7.4.... so i have to make it slightly more acidicrite?? i think "black water" could do the job...

• SRC Member

well.. i dun go fishing very often.. anyway.. i stop doing that (lionfish jumped out of the tank.. committed suicide!!!).. i know it is a bit cruel.. but i also would like to let them eat natural SW fishes... and they are the cheapest.. but still, i cannot tahan the cost.. thus the converted fishes.. anyway.. since then, i stop keeping such fishes.. they refused to eat peeled prawns mah.. bo pian.. sigh..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

no matter it is $4/100g or $4/kg.... it is still cheaper than feeding baby clown (cheapest live SW feeder) which is $1 a pcs (1g/pc maybe :D) thanks anyway brother... i'll go and look for fresh SW prawn then.... hope my lion eat that or else i'll eat those prawn myself...

• SRC Member

Sorry, my mistake about the pricing. Thanks for the correction, Barra!

Eek I don't like feeding marine fish live marine fish. They're endangered enough already and besides, the aim of captive breeding clowns is not for food. But never mind about that. Anyway, the fishing shops also sell live 'tamban' (herring) and small fish at times so just go and take your pick. Nice to eat too :)

• SRC Member

but i find some of those live fish bait is abit too big leh.. ;)

• SRC Member

now only i know that lionfish is a garbage bin, eat almost everything i throe in as long as it is meaty.... just like Luo Han :D ... i feed my lion with krill (1 slab for $1.80) + FW shrimps.... once every 2 days now.... both of my baby is going to shift very soon.... i think my 2.5' tank is going to cycled very soon... nitrite reading very low... should be o.k by this week....