non marine related

flexbicep

• SRC Member
wah! interested! can post some pics here? 1 yr old should be quite big already right? whats the approximate size now? is it of pure siberain husky pedigree?

yeah i also want to know...

raymond you may not be able to keep.

authorities will come after you.

• SRC Member

I like bringing them for walks... my neighour is keeping an alaskan malamute and some other big dogs.. he must have like 4 dogs at home... I was thinking of getting a malamute or siberian husky... hope can see the pics...

husky from siberia not alaska :lol:

siberian husky are not noisy dogs... they seldom bark...

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

Well i suggest you read up first before you have a dog. Read up on all defects, eg the cowhog, undescended testicles etc. No need to be a expert to tell. Hips disorder are common in big dogs. It is going to be very troublesome if you dog have any of the prob. These prob may lead to you giving up the dog.

Keeping them on hard HDB grounds will cause prob compare to a garden that they can roam about. Best to walk them at night as its cooler, Never take a husky out in the afternoon. Will cause heat stroke.

If the authorities knock on your door, you will need to give the dog up. Rehoming a dog is a very cruel thing to do.

Do ask why is the owner giving up. if the owner say no time for dog, chances are the husky has little or no contact with other dogs. Result will be a very aggressive husky. You will only be able to see this when there are dogs around. Bringing the dog to the vet cannot find out everything.

Just my opinions

• SRC Member
I like bringing them for walks... my neighour is keeping an alaskan malamute and some other big dogs.. he must have like 4 dogs at home... I was thinking of getting a malamute or siberian husky... hope can see the pics...

husky from siberia not alaska :lol:

siberian husky are not noisy dogs... they seldom bark...

:evil: they dont bark at all

they howl

• SRC Member

Just some comments from an ex-husky ( :cry2::cry2::cry2: ) owner...

1) Once you have tried HUSKIES...you wouldn't want any other dogs...

2) They will shed their inner coats in a periodic schedule once they acclimatised to our climate.

3) I will usually set the air-con on for it during the afternoons during hot spells...

4) Dog-proof your furniture...they may throw tantrums when you r not back at the stipulated schedule.

5) If you sleep beside it...give two-thirds of your bed to it as they will toss and shift to comfy positions during the night...and mind you..they pack a power punch...I can wake up in the middle of the night due to a slap from it... :P

6) When they are contented...they will never make too loud a noise...most of my neighbours didn't know I had a husky till six months later. Those who know...will always end up at my doorstep to shake his hands... :P

7) Must always set up a training schedule for him/ her...you wouldn't be able to handle him if you lack the basic commands. They are just next to jack russel terriers in terms of intelligence. Very intelligent. always wanna to find ways to test you and see if they can 'dominate' you...or maybe I had an alpha male then... :paiseh:

8) Tie a bandana around their neck and give him his own 'haversack', he can carry his own water bottle, food, wet wipes plus your wallet and car keys. We usually do that when we bring him for scrolls. :)

9) Join the Husky Squad. They are all lovers of Huskies and malamutes. :)

and lastly...a GREAT COMMITMENT is expected of you if you wanna keep a husky. You will grow to love him. :)

When we were relocating to States few years back, I regretted giving my Barkus to an idiotic guy :angry: who promised TLC and yet gave him away to a business associate w/o informing us...Now I still searching for him... :cry2::cry2::cry2:

And somemore...my Barkus was given with all his personal stuff like toys, backpacks, bandanas, camping essentials FOC!!!... :cry:

I miss him very much...still searching. :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Even some of my friends at Husky Squad is helping me. :peace:

If God permits...may I get to see him again... :angel:

call me a purist/old fashioned/antiquated/an*l/narrow minded/square/etc....but I still think it's very cruel to keep a husky in Singapore. or any other cold weather dog for that matter. multiply that factor by a hundred if you stay in a HDB/apartment.

as a human being, I'm already pespiring buckets when the weather goes a bit erratic. what about the poor dog? I swear you can see the look in their eyes sometimes, that...look of aganoy...that look where they beg you to cut off their fur so that they'll feel cooler *they do pespire through their skin by the way, if only in minute amounts. but it still happens* either that, or am I hallucinating. I swear poodles with badly groomed fur give me that look. :P

either that, or its a case of sour grapes...hmm. :rolleyes:

but just my five cents worth. don't need to get angry at what I said. (=