Deepblue's 3ft Tank ( 3 x 2 x 2)

DeepBlue

will work on the scape to bring the corals nearer to the lights...but not now as I want to leave things flexible for addition later on....

Flubbey..under my actinic..the favia has greyish green lining. :rolleyes:

DA..no regal for me... I will stick to very low bioload this time.

Scarab....I have a long long way to go...top tier is totally empty...so will stock up 'slowly' .....as long as my wallet can tahan... :shock:

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will work on the scape to bring the corals nearer to the lights...but not now as I want to leave things flexible for addition later on....

Flubbey..under my actinic..the favia has greyish green lining. :rolleyes:

DA..no regal for me... I will stick to very low bioload this time.

Scarab....I have a long long way to go...top tier is totally empty...so will stock up 'slowly' .....as long as my wallet can tahan... :shock:

:lol::lol::lol: okok nonetheless nice tank

scarab..you are right. I am still trying to figure where I can place that tunze ...... still still thinking really hard.... :(

i guess a deflection of flow off the glass will be ur next best choice if u cant find a suitable spot for the tunze.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Bro,

You think you really need so much water circulation? You have 2 Tunzes and 2 Seios right? For a 3 ft tank.

Suggestion is hide your Tunzes under the rocks and deflect them off the glass or another rock. this will reduce the efficiency of the Tunzes but I think it should be sufficient to give you a really random flow in a 3 ft tank. Then use your Seios to take care of the dead spots.

Bro,

You think you really need so much water circulation? You have 2 Tunzes and 2 Seios right? For a 3 ft tank.

Suggestion is hide your Tunzes under the rocks and deflect them off the glass or another rock. this will reduce the efficiency of the Tunzes but I think it should be sufficient to give you a really random flow in a 3 ft tank. Then use your Seios to take care of the dead spots.

yah loh agree.. last time my 3 feet use one tunze and one 900l/h power head already giant storm

• SRC Member
I find that aiming the tunzes at each other at different ends of the tank will create a nice random wave. This way, theres no need to afraid of the tunze being too strong.

However, personally I find exposed Tunze in a tank unsightly leh. Max I allow visible is Maxijet. :D

Yeah, i wanted to add that in but somehow it slipped my mind :lol: At that size, they are an eyesore.

:lol: it's really an eyesore lol, last time i used to hide my tunze too, but still cannot hide the 4x maxijets from popping out. :pinch:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

haha...you guys are definitely right.....I had the same thought...I will try to see how the stocking goes first before hiding the tunzes......

the tunze that is mounted to the euro bracing is a different kind...cap has been chopped and removed...it will not blow off acro tissue even if you put it within 1ft away from the acros...

aiyah...knowing me...I'll stack and stack ...very soon ..it'll be like the old tank ....super packed ...

Now a bit 'zen' ...feel is quite good too :lol:

Too many pple going for blastos, cynarina, prata, sps and yumas....no choice got to settle for favias.....slowly collecting these wonderful specimens...

was surprised to find a few pieces left at LCK today B)

post-34-1097946243.jpg

nope...I was happily sleeping at home...

only went down this afternoon to pick up 3 corals.. ;)

bro..a pic for you.. :lol:

and AlfaR...more like a moon coral

post-34-1097946812.jpg