Roidan's Quattro Skimmer

roidan

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
just one of the many many experiments today.....

today was gadgets-testing day :lol:

looks familiar? ;)

may make this in nice nice acrylic soon :lol:

lolz... testing out DIY BK huh..

anyway the use of that I dont see will be a use to u cause of your high height... cause it is to prevent bubble from combing together before it reach the collection cap..

but looking at your height by the time the bubble reach the collection cap it dont make a different to have that thing.

hope to see some interesting comparison of the skimmer bubble density with and without that cover....but my guesses are should be all white in the reaction chamber...your MX is already doing a wonderful job....

:off: if you are a red indian, you will have a nic...'one with mighty tower' :lol: Maybe girls like that.....for good or bad reason :D

hehe..yeah..anyway ..if i am not wrong..just $3 to test this feature...so just test lor...hehehe

actually not really conclusive whether really helps a beckett or not because did not really have time to compare the difference as it was drizzling....there were more important and expensive gadgets to test...

if i am not wrong, bubbleking's reason to have this is to reduce eddy turbulence of bubbles from their strong needlewheel red dragon pumps compared to the weaker aquabee/eheim needlewheels used by their competitors :)

the quattro injectors just mounted for fun...not straightened or tightened properly...hehe..

will not be running quattro shorty lah..hehe

anyway the shorty also around 1.1m or 110cm high :lol:

post-9-1098019959.jpg

you sleep with that thing???  :evil:  can see your bed beside it

temporary store in room first .....

dun wanna put in the hall coz weekend always alot of relatives around.....

:)

yeah..actually without those miscellanous gadgets already perform very well.....a beckett is a beckett...somemore powered by mx100, as a beckett user yourself, u need not be convinced further of how it will perform :)

• SRC Member
just one of the many many experiments today.....

today was gadgets-testing day :lol:

looks familiar? ;)

may make this in nice nice acrylic soon :lol:

Looks like what bubble king is using for reducing "turbulance".... ;)

in bubbleking's words

Innovative Eigenentwicklung von Royal : die Eindüsungspfanne, verhindert das ungebremste Einwirbeln der Luftblasen in das Kontaktrohr. Von unten konisch angesenkte Löcher verhindern Verstopfungen

very loosely translated using babblefish is

Innovative self-development of Royal: the Einduesungspfanne, prevents that without brakes a eddies of the bubbles into the contact pipe. From down conical counterbored holes prevent blockages

i summarise the above as:

reduce over-turbulence and eddies :)

to make the sieve is easy....

get a thick acrylic, cut a circle...drill suitable hole sizes...

and chamfer the holes from the base.....

but implementing it in the right way for a beckett design may not be too straightforward...

but like i said...these gadgets, even if really improve performance, just help to improve skimming by a sheer small percentage.

Just like some hardcore street racers who are particular even with a few bhp gain in perfomance even though their cars are already very powerful. hehe

maybe you want to try counter-sunking the inner portion for better flow.

yeah..in other words using an arrow-head tapering tool to taper the hole will get the countersunk feature :)

the pvc endcap is too thin to do a proper countersunk hole. a thick acrylic will be nice and easy to do the countersunk holes...just very tedius to do the holes one by one....hehe

hehe..yeah lor...

must pack up the place neat neat before i go Japan in december

and program my IKS to work well :rolleyes:

IKS? yeah..u are right...

Indonesian-maid Kontrol System :lol:

must train her to use the skimmer and more importantly clear the collectionTUB frequently. Afterall if skimmate floods, she is the one cleaning it,

more incentive for her to learn and to learn well :P

a reef-trained maid :lol:

all the experiments are just like putting little gadgets on a car like new ECU, new race tyres, new intake manifold, new spark plugs......

maybe just a little performance increase only or may be quite alot..hehe

• SRC Member
hehe..yeah lor...

must pack up the place neat neat before i go Japan in december

and program my IKS to work well :rolleyes:

IKS? yeah..u are right...

Indonesian-maid Kontrol System :lol:

must train her to use the skimmer and more importantly clear the collectionTUB frequently. Afterall if skimmate floods, she is the one cleaning it,

more incentive for her to learn and to learn well :P

a reef-trained maid :lol:

all the experiments are just like putting little gadgets on a car like new ECU, new race tyres, new intake manifold, new spark plugs......

maybe just a little performance increase only or may be quite alot..hehe

she will hate you for making her clear up your fish shit... :lol::lol:

as requested by thread owner, skimmer is up and running, time for him to sit back and reef on in seclusion.

(dun be mistaken..you will still see him zoom pass you when cheonging LFS) :evil:

Closing the thread as requested (unless there are special requests or concerns for it to be opened....)