What is wrong with me???

lightningstrike

dunno what's wrong with me. hv been experiencing giddiness for 1 week (on and off), since the magnitude 6 earthquake that shook Niigata last saturday (23/10).

feel as if i m on a sampan and the whole world is constantly floating around me.

could it be:

1. the 250++ Earthquakes, aftershocks, tremors i hv experienced within the week?

2. not enuff sleep? (i only sleep 6 hours a day during weekdays due to insomnia)

3. homesick???

4. work-related stress???

5. stare at the computer for 2 long??? (i spend almost 14 hours a day staring at the screen)

:sick::sick::sick:

#5 :) Rest your eyes 5 mins by looking distance objects for every 30 mins. Or just simplely close eyes.

It's a floating feeling and not spinning? Like the room's spinning somewhat? Hope it's not this sort of vertigous giddiness, it's usually due to sinister causes.

Pull down your lower eyelids and check if the reddish part is pale pink - could be anaemia as well.

Also, does the giddiness come on especially when you stand up suddenly?

It could be simply stress, take a break and see if the symptoms abate. ;) If it's still persistent you could PM me. Free consultation .. if you trust someone who's still in training, that is! lol ... :P

It's a floating feeling and not spinning? Like the room's spinning somewhat? Hope it's not this sort of vertigous giddiness, it's usually due to sinister causes.

Pull down your lower eyelids and check if the reddish part is pale pink - could be anaemia as well.

Also, does the giddiness come on especially when you stand up suddenly?

It could be simply stress, take a break and see if the symptoms abate. ;) If it's still persistent you could PM me. Free consultation .. if you trust someone who's still in training, that is! lol ... :P

yup. floating feeling.

pulled down my eyelids, the color is reddish-pink.

no, the giddiness dun comes suddenly when i stand up. it comes on and off a few times a day.

thx for all concerns & to the prospective doc. ;)

guess i'll juz hv to visit the local physician 2moro. :sick:

Something to do with some inner balance thingy in your ears. Forgot the mumbo jumbo about it. Anyway, it beats having chest ache once in awhile. Everyday I just pray it ends permanently.

The ear thingy is vertigo, but probably not it since the dizziness isn't the spinning type. No recent history of ear infection either (I hope?)

Better go see a doc, take care bro. B)

yup, the wall of my inner right ear seems a little swollen & a little painful to touch. ear infection???

an ear infection would account for the giddiness as your sense of balance is from your inner ear. get some medicine for the ear, bro

take it frm stitch... he got nice big ears to stand by what he says about ears.....

:blink:

take it frm stitch... he got nice big ears to stand by what he says about ears.....

:blink:

eh, alien ears use different medication hor! ;)

paid a visit to the doc this morning. said i was suffering from the after effects of a strong quake (in fact the largest in japan in 10 years since the Kobe earthquake).

moreover, he added that i was oso suffering from tension headache which i think is a.k.a migraine due to stress........