What is wrong with me???

lightningstrike

dunno what's wrong with me. hv been experiencing giddiness for 1 week (on and off), since the magnitude 6 earthquake that shook Niigata last saturday (23/10).

feel as if i m on a sampan and the whole world is constantly floating around me.

could it be:

1. the 250++ Earthquakes, aftershocks, tremors i hv experienced within the week?

2. not enuff sleep? (i only sleep 6 hours a day during weekdays due to insomnia)

3. homesick???

4. work-related stress???

5. stare at the computer for 2 long??? (i spend almost 14 hours a day staring at the screen)

:sick::sick::sick:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

#5 :) Rest your eyes 5 mins by looking distance objects for every 30 mins. Or just simplely close eyes.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

It's a floating feeling and not spinning? Like the room's spinning somewhat? Hope it's not this sort of vertigous giddiness, it's usually due to sinister causes.

Pull down your lower eyelids and check if the reddish part is pale pink - could be anaemia as well.

Also, does the giddiness come on especially when you stand up suddenly?

It could be simply stress, take a break and see if the symptoms abate. ;) If it's still persistent you could PM me. Free consultation .. if you trust someone who's still in training, that is! lol ... :P

It's a floating feeling and not spinning? Like the room's spinning somewhat? Hope it's not this sort of vertigous giddiness, it's usually due to sinister causes.

Pull down your lower eyelids and check if the reddish part is pale pink - could be anaemia as well.

Also, does the giddiness come on especially when you stand up suddenly?

It could be simply stress, take a break and see if the symptoms abate. ;) If it's still persistent you could PM me. Free consultation .. if you trust someone who's still in training, that is! lol ... :P

yup. floating feeling.

pulled down my eyelids, the color is reddish-pink.

no, the giddiness dun comes suddenly when i stand up. it comes on and off a few times a day.

thx for all concerns & to the prospective doc. ;)

guess i'll juz hv to visit the local physician 2moro. :sick:

Austin's Birthday

.png

Something to do with some inner balance thingy in your ears. Forgot the mumbo jumbo about it. Anyway, it beats having chest ache once in awhile. Everyday I just pray it ends permanently.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

The ear thingy is vertigo, but probably not it since the dizziness isn't the spinning type. No recent history of ear infection either (I hope?)

Better go see a doc, take care bro. B)

yup, the wall of my inner right ear seems a little swollen & a little painful to touch. ear infection???

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

an ear infection would account for the giddiness as your sense of balance is from your inner ear. get some medicine for the ear, bro

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member
an ear infection would account for the giddiness as your sense of balance is from your inner ear. get some medicine for the ear, bro

take it frm stitch... he got nice big ears to stand by what he says about ears.....

:blink:

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

take it frm stitch... he got nice big ears to stand by what he says about ears.....

:blink:

eh, alien ears use different medication hor! ;)

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

paid a visit to the doc this morning. said i was suffering from the after effects of a strong quake (in fact the largest in japan in 10 years since the Kobe earthquake).

moreover, he added that i was oso suffering from tension headache which i think is a.k.a migraine due to stress........

Austin's Birthday

.png