If Your New Read This

• SRC Member

What happened :: I was on the train and there was this 8 yr old kid wif his mum and he was holding a small betta show tank (those plastic types) ... inside put clownfish ... obviously its a common clown ZZZ

And then he was walking around the train and swinging the fish abt. This is not the only thing.

The very next thing tt happened was absolutely intorelable. The kid dropped the tank and the contents came out. His mum went over and picked thefish up, put it back, and poured wat seems to be a new bottle of EVIAN ZZZ

I walked over and reprimanded her (ZZz but nvr shout) for being irresponsibleand guess wad she told me?

Bu Guan Ni De Shi Lah Zhe Yang Ka Poh (non of ur business ka poh) ZZZZZ

Guess we can't do anything abt it.

Moral :: Please DO NOT do the same thing as wad they did ... absolutely outrageous ... and please take good care of ur fishes and key point is BE RESPONSIBLE AND BE PATIENT.

• SRC Member
Moral :: Please DO NOT do the same thing as wad they did ... absolutely outrageous ... and please take good care of ur fishes and key point is BE RESPONSIBLE AND BE PATIENT.

bro..

i understand how u feel..

the purpose of us being in this forum is to take better care of our fishes.

so dun have to warn us.

:lol:

• SRC Member
What happened :: I was on the train and there was this 8 yr old kid wif his mum and he was holding a small betta show tank (those plastic types) ... inside put clownfish ... obviously its a common clown ZZZ

And then he was walking around the train and swinging the fish abt. This is not the only thing.

The very next thing tt happened was absolutely intorelable. The kid dropped the tank and the contents came out. His mum went over and picked thefish up, put it back, and poured wat seems to be a new bottle of EVIAN ZZZ

I walked over and reprimanded her (ZZz but nvr shout) for being irresponsibleand guess wad she told me?

Bu Guan Ni De Shi Lah Zhe Yang Ka Poh (non of ur business ka poh) ZZZZZ

Guess we can't do anything abt it.

Must be from ulu place lah... :pinch: That's why she talked in that manner. :sick:

Bevor Sie das Licht sehen, müssen Sie sterben!

• SRC Member

Just a few weeks ago, I went to Sim Lim to buy some computer stuff and overheard one sales guy telling another sales girl

sales guy : later after work I am going to get some more nemos, the ones i bought last week is almost all gone.

sales girls : ai yah, don't rear already lah. don't be so bad start killing fish if you don't know how to keep them... (good for her !!)

me : (busybody) how long you ran your tank?

sales guy : 1 week.

me : you should run it for at least 3 to 4 weeks with some bio starter

sales guy : i know, but my uncle also only ran his tank for a week and his fishes are ok...

me : !!!... (walk away due to the crowd)

Its hard to change people's attitude sometimes. Face is also another thing to consider.

What we can do as a club is to spread the know how of keeping marine animals to the general public, and hope that people learn from it. Like they say in the proverbs; You can lead a horse to water but cannot force it to drink.

Saving Nemo started a marine fish trend. There is no denying that it is doing marine animals more harm than good at the moment. We will just have to ride the storm and hope that this trend will die away faster than the Luohan interest.

In the meantime, keep spreading the gospel but be prepared for casualties.

:(

• SRC Member

I would like to bring to all your attention on what's happen to the LFS at Chinatown. I really noticed the different. Since the newspaper article and the hoo-haa between SRC and Mr Wong (indirectly), they are now putting up correct cycling information on their display tank. Now, they are giving out those information for free. I also noticed that they are becoming more "responsible" in the sense that they are advising customer not to buy certain fishes knowing that the fishes are not compatible or reef-safe. Two-thumb up for them. Although there are still improvement needed in the way they handle the LS, significant milestone has been achieved. At least they are not telling their customer to cycle for 4 days now. Hope that the rest of the "converted" LFS will do the same.

Thanks

• SRC Member

lfs must be resposible on educating the ppl

ppl rely on lfs and they think lfs are the library of knowledge..

i use to trust em' but also

please they wanna make profit so u must be wise youself..

now only go to shops with responsible behaviour to customers..

everybody wanna get success in keeping nemo..!!!

HI hope the trant (NEMO) will be off as fast as possible or if not our marine life will be lesser and lesser . We as a member of reefclub must teach people about marine life right. but that day just outside clementi fish shop , i saw a middle age lady buying 1 common clown and 5 blue tangs (medium size) (DOrry) at one time so i went to ask her how big is her tank . 1and the half feet .i was shocked .worst still , her tank has been cycling for only 3 days . when i wanted to teach her more about the cycling process, the shopkeeper started shouting at me saying {Dont listen to that young boy }{he knows nothing] at last i just went out of the dam shop. He is only trying to kill marine life . i am sad for the fishes

• SRC Member

if i saw the mum and son...and i'm with a friend...i will talk to my friend...and indirectly scold the mum......

Tank: 5 X 2 X 2.5

Sump : 3 X 1.5 X 1.8

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Deltec AP 902 Protein Skimmer

I-Aquatic Calcium Reactor

Arctica Chiller

I would like to bring to all your attention on what's happen to the LFS at Chinatown. I really noticed the different. Since the newspaper article and the hoo-haa between SRC and Mr Wong (indirectly), they are now putting up correct cycling information on their display tank. Now, they are giving out those information for free. I also noticed that they are becoming more "responsible" in the sense that they are advising customer not to buy certain fishes knowing that the fishes are not compatible or reef-safe. Two-thumb up for them. Although there are still improvement needed in the way they handle the LS, significant milestone has been achieved. At least they are not telling their customer to cycle for 4 days now. Hope that the rest of the "converted" LFS will do the same.

Thanks

cool :lol::lol::yeah::yeah:

• SRC Member

Only one thing to do la .....

BOY COTT

give the name in a pretty obvious but not direct way. then we will all know which lfs to avoid. No Morals. Bleh. Deserve to die. Pathetic individuals

I Boycott some LFS , Some LFS Boycott me.

alls fair. :evil:

• SRC Member
Only one thing to do la .....

BOY COTT

give the name in a pretty obvious but not direct way. then we will all know which lfs to avoid. No Morals. Bleh. Deserve to die. Pathetic individuals

I Boycott some LFS , Some LFS Boycott me.

alls fair. :evil:

lol

R@!Nb*w zzz

they told me to add the capsule inside then dun need cycle liao.

2 capsules lol

they were so lame

i bought 2 at $2 each ... put it in ... and the next day... it hatched !

I emphasize on the word HATCH.

they they go into my bio filter of biomat-biorings-chemipure some go in sand.

2 more days i see they die ... somehow when they hatched they looked like seamonkeys ... :shock:

• SRC Member

R@!Nb*w is a hopeless place, just wanna make profit out of it, guess what, they actually buy stocks from Pasir Ris and R*b$rn... and sell at 3 times the normal price.. Sick...

But again, this is something that we cannot stop, I saw more and more Freshwater shop are converting to Marines as well.. Poor fishes and corals... I think we should starts to educate those around us to create awareness...

IMO no choice,we can't do anything to stop them..those LFS converting is their own business..we can't stop them..they got to follow the market..

no selling cost to cover for their rent n everything how to survive..

r we gonna help them,donate them with money..NO... :(

so it all up to them whether they close their shop or just follow the market..

by the way they r not gonna depend on hardcore mariner to earn..

their money their choice. :cry2: