Iwaki MX 100 final analysis

roidan

• SRC Member

Great contribution.

Without your guys contribution, we will in the dark.

Now we can plan accordingly. Especially for PUB bills.

Good Job, Really appreciate.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks...

anyone of you really want to find out the real wattage drawn from your equipment, maybe me or weileong can bring our clamp meters to test for you...but be forewarned, we need you to strip when we are at your place....

STRIP :lol:

strip abit of the 3core wire to access the live/neutral individual line for clamp meter testing i mean :lol:

• SRC Member

Haa Haa I was thinking of buying that small equ, but not big drawer so back off :P

Strip no problem, can strip from Fridge, u choose Red or White. Just name it you got it.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
actually we can use the clamp meter to check the power lines from the power box to the rest of the house when appliances are in use to see if any of the power lines are overloaded or not...

helps prevents household fires :idea::D

Never though of that.

Geez ur guys genius

Ocean Gump

Here's my Deltec AP850.

Main chamber size is 8" and total height is 32"

The base to the yellow line is 550mm so the volume is abt 17.83 litres.

The feed pump supplied by deltec is aquabee 2000/i drawing 38w.

Recirculation pump is 65w (modified ehiem 1260).

Total current drawn is 103w.

using 103W to work on 17.83 litres of water gets me

5.77 watts/litre

If I ignore the feedpump and use gravity feed then it becomes

65/17.83 = 3.64 watts/litre.

post-14-1102064150.jpg

oh ya...i also forgot to consider my feed pump for the H&S....

i was using eheim 1250 to feed....which is 28W...

so (28 + 38)W / 12 litres

= 5.5 W/litre

without feed pump is 3.167W/litre

all these are strictly electrical efficiency with context to water being skimmed. it does not quantify the quality of the skimming though :)

it's easy to quantify all these numerical consumption stuff, but not easy to quantify a qualitative parameter :)

seems like H&S and deltec needlewheels operate at 5.something W/litre including feed pump and around 3.something W/litre excluding feed pump....

• SRC Member

nothing to be proud of, but the house i stay in pays PUB on the average $800+ per mth.. mostly contributed by my tank and my dad's pond..his stupid inefficient pond pumps are rated at 880w per pump and he has 8 of them running..but not all at the same time..

mx100 seemed like a better buy!

• SRC Member
nothing to be proud of, but the house i stay in pays PUB on the average $800+ per mth.. mostly contributed by my tank and my dad's pond..his stupid inefficient pond pumps are rated at 880w per pump and he has 8 of them running..but not all at the same time..

whao!! 880W pumps?

gotta be a monster...

• SRC Member

:bow:

Alvy, yours will be under the private property category champion.

880W Pump :shock:

• SRC Member

hi, any idea y my mh lighting 150w + 27x2 w ,when i "tong" the cable with all equipment off except lighting ,it show a reading of 2.6A ...

by rite it should show - 204/240 = 0.88A ...

my other equipment when "tong" individually .. show correct reading when i convert to ampere...

rio 20 - 50w --- 0.28A

CHILLER - 330W -- 1.44A

any one can do a test to off everything except lighting... and compare it...

• SRC Member

i "tong" everything ... all according or somewhere in-between.. according to wat is written on my equipment .. but lighting , exceptionally high in watt /conversion to ampere le...

maybe u can try to "tong" your lighting alone... see got give u a shock or not.

Woah! You guys are nutters! :P

Welcome to the club of $350+/mth bills. When my tank was empty... my monthly bill dropped back to $80 a month (pre-reef tank days a few years ago!).

I gotta find me a gun and shoot my friend who introduced me to reefing! *muttter*

Depending on the actual flow.

At the same height pressure MX100 delivers more flow but at a higher consumption as you can see from the graph posted by Roidan.

At 0 head pressure MX-100 is more efficient than MX70 but this situation never occur for our usage.

I just measured my 2x250W MH, draws 6 amps... must be low power factor cheapo ballast. Don't know if change to E-ballast will help or not :P

kelvin1976 here's some url for you to read regarding power factor.

http://www.ambercaps.com/lighting/power_fa...on_concepts.htm

post-14-1102063153.jpg

Perhaps a cost breakdown for wattage/litre/head may put things into perspective?

That difference in 58 watts may become more expensive just for a slight incremental increase in flow rate.

I'm just theorizing... just had a few glasses of alcohol... ;)

*hic*

Bro, should change to the omni pump which draw 150 watts & push out 220 litres/min ASAP... I think selling about $280 ...

imagine the saving in electricity bills :eyebrow: