An Old Bird setting up a new tank

nicky30092002

• SRC Member

planning to start a new tank, but this time i wanna do it the super kiasu way .. so I hope local admin/mod/guru/expert/fellow reefer contribute .. ways/stuff U regreted no doing/ have done .. during the initial starting ..

me:

I am a believer of plenum, LR and dsb ..

hope to hear abt:

pump, rowa, skimmer, lightin, live sand, additives, zeovit ... eqpt etc

definately not my first time setting up & none has prob/crash so try not refer me to "newbie pls read" .. thanks.

Thanks ...

mydog.gif

brother...kindly advise us on the intended tank size and corals/fishes you intend to stock...any draft of setup....let's start from there ;)

once the guys know more details......advices will come flooding thru the door.

My contribution: Use live aragonite sand !!!! Definitely helped me start off my new tank on the right footing.

Regarding Zeovit, I am slowly staring to appreicate it more as I just discovered I have not been buying phytoplanktons and ROWA anymore for quite a while.

oh yah...to avoid pple mistaking you as a newbie....I changed your thread title :evil:

• SRC Member

Berd...he's not called a Lobang King for nothing... :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, bro...you gonna go smaller or bigger this time?

And the aragonite works indeed...I still have some of them awaiting me to crush into smaller sizes for my next setup come August. :P

• SRC Member

thks mod/sis/fellow bros

me targetting 4'x3' or 5'x2.5' or 4.5x2.5 at base

lights 2x250 + 1x400 or 3x250

skimmer - confirm a diy but can't afford becketts ..

cr juz bought

And the aragonite works indeed...I still have some of them awaiting me to crush into smaller sizes for my next setup come August
My contribution: Use live aragonite sand !!!! Definitely helped me start off my new tank on the right footing.

got big size one?? pls advise price & where to get leh

aragonite sand X hor .. maybe i use my "livesand" afraid over budget again ..

mydog.gif

• SRC Member

Not really.. I think DB had bought this brand of aragonite sand. Somemore, it's livesand. :)

It cost around $40+ per package. You find it in Reb***, ML..

Good Luck dude.

thks mod/sis/fellow bros

me targetting 4'x3' or 5'x2.5' or 4.5x2.5 at base

lights 2x250 + 1x400 or 3x250

skimmer - confirm a diy but can't afford becketts ..

cr juz bought

got big size one?? pls advise price & where to get leh

Wah so much MH.... i think maybe you will still use a few t5 or t8 FL to blend the colour right???... ok advice, pls get a good and oversize chiller, daeil or artica good choice, dun be like me keeping upgrading(anyway no choice upgrade one cos the chiller went to chiller heaven :lol::lol: )

skimmer get oversize one also as i suppose you going full fledge sps striahgt away..... Hmm oversize beckett, oversize H&S or even oversize deltec hahaha

I sold away all my sps....you can keep them if you are able to keep the old tank and new tank together for a few months before you decommission the old one...

In your case...you want to move house.....cannot lor.

I want to reserve the purple one :lol:

Seriously....start new tank...get new corals...more fun and scaping not restricted by the amount of corals waiting to jump in.

Regarding the MH...have 3 pendents if you going full SPS....if not...can do valley scape....have the 2 pendents cover the 2 ends where your sps will be and let the T5s balance up the spread a bit.

Lastly...no one answer your appeal for advice? can go back to this

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=29

:evil:

• SRC Member
planning to start a new tank, but this time i wanna do it the super kiasu way .. so I hope local admin/mod/guru/expert/fellow reefer contribute .. ways/stuff U regreted no doing/ have done .. during the initial starting ..

incorporate two display tank..... a smaller one for species only.

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm