Singapore won first leg of tiger cup final!

flamey

• SRC Member

Thumbs up for the national football team for winning the first leg in Senayang Stadium last night!

Come on guys pls support em nx Sunday at the National Stadium!

enough of the criticisms... its time to stand up and be counted...

if we guys can support teams like liverpool, man u, arsenal so staunchly y cant we do it for our own nation?

its time to stop criticizing them coz after all they went all the way to the finals did they?

WELL DONE SINGAPURA!

• SRC Member

I've done that before when SGP was in the malaysia cup/league with abbas saad,alistar edwards,mikhal vana and all. that was the time i turn up feverously at the national stadium every home match.

sad to say, the Lions have fallen to obscurity when they went out of the malaysia league. the newly set up S-league was a joke and has only improve recently with the japanese team joining in.

Last night's peformance was good, but i feel that the lions lack the kill upfront, on so many occasions when they should have scored, they wasted the chance.dunno why raddy did not play indra. the last minute goal by the indons might just come back and haunt them.

on the whole, one of the best performance put up by them for a long while.

:lol:

• SRC Member
I've done that before when SGP was in the malaysia cup/league with abbas saad,alistar edwards,mikhal vana and all. that was the time i turn up feverously at the national stadium every home match.

sad to say, the Lions have fallen to obscurity when they went out of the malaysia league. the newly set up S-league was a joke and has only improve recently with the japanese team joining in.

Last night's peformance was good, but i feel that the lions lack the kill upfront, on so many occasions when they should have scored, they wasted the chance.dunno why raddy did not play indra. the last minute goal by the indons might just come back and haunt them.

on the whole, one of the best performance put up by them for a long while.

:lol:

sporeans should just leave the golden eras behind em la.. leave memories as they were... we cant keep on harping on the past... well i did what u did in the past too... but come on la.. all we know is criticize the team.. with all due respect to the past national teams, for all the glories of yesteryear, what have they won regionally? nothing..zero..kaput.. besides winning the malaysia cup bout 20 odd times what have the national team achieved? sea games gold? asian games? no doubt they churned one big name after another the last one being our current assistant coach but football is a team game and dats wat the current team is all about.

for ur info they won their first tiger cup when they were way over the msia cup days.. a feat where no great spore team could do (im comparing with the sea games since sea games is nw for under23 side)

kudos to the current team! old horse like aide and subramani did extremely well for the team last nite. they kept shape well throughout the entire match. Hard man goh tat chuan in the middle of the park also did a great job out there last nite. Agu is getting better and better as we go on in the tournament. it rili surprises me the teamwork and discipline of this current team. Spore team is nt known for their discipline :P

im nt saying we should start celebrating nw but we should definitely be behind the lions ###### nx sunday for the 2nd leg!

cheers!

p.s. i hope boas salossa is nt fit enough for the return leg! :lol: he turned subramani inside out man last nite! :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

why you only support the ang mo imports? :o

• SRC Member

i was there, and hope to continue to support the national team.

i was in the era of the quah kim song, dollah kassim, mat nor and rajagopal.

then i was there in the era of the "imports" like abbas, alistar and vana.

now i like to rekindle my love for the young ones. ;):P

relish the days of travelling up in coaches (and ferry from spore to desaru) for the malaysia cup finals in stadium negara and shah alam stadium. :lol:

how many of you remember the stampede at the national stadium ? :evil:

please don't flame me for reliving my younger days. it was really memorable. :peace:

i hope many of you can support your national team.

the day will come when you are chronologically old like me and wish to tell your experiences to your kids and even grand kids. :lol::lol::P

life is short, lets live it in a meaningful way. thanks for reading, you made my day.

:thanks::thanks:

• SRC Member

Im not supporting the imports only? wat do u think i am?

some SPG?

Im sorry to say that i do not live in the era of dollah kassim and the Quah brothers.

but the atmosphere at every home match is the best!

;)

sigh....... those were the days, abbas, alistair, warren spink, craig foster, vana, jang jung, win aung, etc........ those foreign imports that we hold in awe........ nowadays, i'll juz stick to my TV set watching EPL, Tiger Cup etc. ;) nevertheless, GO LIONS GO!!! B)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

thank you, diabolus. that's the spirit !!! :bow:

it is the passion of the game, and especially when your national team excel in an international tournament, that cause 60,000 going crazy over 22 players.

btw, you don't have to apologize for not being there during the days of quah kim song, dollah, et al. your coming into this world is beyond our control. :lol::lol:

• SRC Member
when is the second leg? I want to go and see. (=

been a while since I last stepped into such an environment. :)

second leg on 16th January Sunday at the Singapore National Stadium.

those interested in tickets can go get them from today onwards, 12pm to 7pm at four stadiums.

I think Jalan Besar, Bishan, National and can't remember where else.

$12 being the most expensive....and some other stuff which I can't remember.

for more details, you can check out the Straits Times sports section. they have a huge printout on it around the sporting column.