Car below $95k

Achilles Tang

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
boss,if i were you, i'll splurge the 95k on a skyline R32.... :evil:

the last time I heard... R32 was goin' for <100K...

Skyline not too wise coz the large engine cap = more fuel comsumption. Plus, I don't think you need THAT much power right?

As for the Accord, IMHO dun need to go for euro-R lah, 200bhp is too much. Get the JDM Accord. Looks EXACTLY like the euro-R.

Or...

You cld wait for the new Mit Galant to arrive. (The VR4 was quite a hit. A very strong competitor against euro-R I fink) Prob arrive in Q2 or Q3.

Decisions decisions.... anyway, its just a thought... still trying to get more opinions on whether a car in Singapore is a BIIIIIGG burden... too used to comfort... i mean Comfort cabs!! Hop in and order the driver to drive u to your destination!

Sigh... decisions decisions!!

• SRC Member
You cld wait for the new Mit Galant to arrive. (The VR4 was quite a hit. A very strong competitor against euro-R I fink) Prob arrive in Q2 or Q3.

the old VR4 running on twin turbo.

case of horrible turbo spooling.

;)

if u r worry about burden then can forget about the big cc car... just a nice 'jazzed up' honda jazz would be cool... $900 a month should be enough for monthly installment (~70% loan) + petrol... of course will exclude other maintenance + road tax + parking... parking can be a killer.

imho... since u r still young & no kid, go for a 'selfish' car - get a 2 seater coupe, roadster, cabrio... whatever. unless u see yourself owning more than 1 car, u only got 2 chance to drive that - before u have kids or 20 yrs later after ur kids have grown up, else u will be driving a saloon or mpv. but an uncle driving a mr-spyder, hmm... looks kinda funni. :)

• SRC Member

boss...

u want mazda... think twice.... wad i heard is mazda guzzles petrol....

u want mini... u can take mine.... i sell u.... hahaha... :P

accord euro R... i heard is not bad... good performance... mileage....

y not consider the jazz?? hehee.... i may not be able to offer good advice on which car to buy... for myself... i look more into long term....

u muz think about petrol consumption... very important....

dun ask me why i got the mini.... my dad juz came home one day and tell me, "Son, I bought u a mini. You can only choose colour, auto or manual."

dammit... no more RX-8... that was wad i tot.... heehee... :evil:

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

The problem is a budget is always a small sum of money but with big big plans .... so plan wise.

For a typical 2 seater car .... - extra cost comes from insurance .... take for instance Z3 insurance cost about 3K + including NCD hor ....i believe the RX8 ...is not far from it but cheap road tax .... rotary engine .... so be prepared to pump more petrol.... but the car look real good.

But I agree with the rest that chances of driving a 2 seater is usu once ...before marriage and just after marriage ........

The other day I saw a lady driving a renault 206 convertible ... and i saw her tucking her kid at the back seat ...... I really pity the kid ...there was hardly any space ....

So since you have 2 person and the price are real damn low ..... you are in a position that many of us envy ...... :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Decisions decisions.... anyway, its just a thought... still trying to get more opinions on whether a car in Singapore is a BIIIIIGG burden... too used to comfort... i mean Comfort cabs!! Hop in and order the driver to drive u to your destination!

Sigh... decisions decisions!!

too used to comfort ......wait till you get a car .... you will know what is comfort .... :lol::lol: you can't live without one ...

• SRC Member

I think $95k can still buy the Honda Accord (parallel import) as the price already drop to around $90k for 2lit unless it is 2.4lit then maybe around $95k. Minimum monthly cost will be $700 instalment (depends on downpayment), $100 carpark, $350 petrol and $250 maintenance and road tax n insurance. Total : $1400 per month. :nc:

Well, if for me, i would buy a cheaper one which low monthly instalment and affordable petrol. Can last for 3 years and still can change new car after that. :heh:

Actually, I do get the use of the family car, a Toyota picnic, now and then... its great to use the car without worrying about loan payments, insurance etc etc... ;)

I'm just curious if the $50 cab fare I spent going from TPY to LCK is worth the petrol money as compared to driving there in my Picnic! ???

• SRC Member

Boss,

what type of car to get largely depends on your personal driving habits/styles. Are you one who prefer to drive auto and less of a chore during jams, or one who wants full control driving manual?

In my opinion, some cars are not worth driving auto.. (WRX). And like what some other reefers suggest, why not consider a 2seater since Harry dont take that much space in a car anyway. ;)

Perhaps, wait another few months, and get that rx8 if wifey dont mind, as its the car of the year by CAR magazine, and as such, may not depreciate as bad when compared to other performance counterparts. Oh, and get roidan to chip in a bit for monthly petrol and let him drive once in a while. Haha. Or did roidan get his own rx8 le???

haven't get leh....still observing...if ever fall to 100-110 region after new changes are announced , then more likely :P

meanwhile, salivating everytime i see one on the road.... :lol:

but yeah...like clammy say....if boss does get one and let me drive it once in a while...i dun mind giving complimentary full tank for boss....courtesy of company SHELL card :heh: ..shhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

• SRC Member
haven't get leh....still observing...if ever fall to 100-110 region after new changes are announced , then more likely :P

meanwhile, salivating everytime i see one on the road.... :lol:

but yeah...like clammy say....if boss does get one and let me drive it once in a while...i dun mind giving complementary full tank for boss....courtesy of company SHELL card :heh: ..shhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

so what are you still waiting for?

;)

can start to scout around for one le and perhaps secure one shortly after CNY??

scout around now also no use mah.....wait till mid-year like marinebetta says lor...by then maybe major shakeup in car prices :evil: (i hope)

meanwhile just make do with my "ah-pek" ride presently lor...took delivery end march 2004 only.... :paiseh:

but yeah....sporty 2 seaters only very young before children arrive or very old after children grow up then can have the chance to really enjoy....

heng rx8 still got decent backspace for young kids before parents give up their rx8s for MPVs <_<:lol:

• SRC Member

hmm.. i dont see why have to give up a good ride for kids.. Let them take public transport and be independant.

And while they are in their teens and coming to legal age to drive, having a chio chio sports car in the garage is a sure fire way to motivate them to get a license!

Hehehe, just my opinion lah. :D

sometimes no choice one leh...

u see young couples with no kids in tow....both occupy front seats....back seats for the parents already full...more so for rx8 with strictly 2 console seats behind...

even throw parents out of the picture :evil: (assuming they have their own ride),

with a maid and toddler behind is already max for the rx8...

how about when the next one comes along? :cry:

sometimes can really see why people give up nice rides for *vannish* MPVs ...hehe

although i still maintain my stand: MPVs are road hazards when u are behind them :P:lol:

I just heard that a lot of people are scrapping their cars of a few years to get back their COE value??

Because COE is so low now that they can get a new car for the same price?

Eg. $40k to get back $20k and this $20k to get a new COE?

Is this a sort of loophole or just smart thinking?

My kind of car... :D

post-11-1105719461.jpg

• SRC Member
I just heard that a lot of people are scrapping their cars of a few years to get back their COE value??

Because COE is so low now that they can get a new car for the same price?

Eg. $40k to get back $20k and this $20k to get a new COE?

Is this a sort of loophole or just smart thinking?

My kind of car... :D

SDA plate cars are hard to find on the road nowadays........

COE was at its highest, most would have it scrapped.

Imagine SDA Nissan sunny bought at $105k about 4 years ago, I think, but now the same car going at $54k only, brand new. Why not scrap it and buy a new one instead.

• SRC Member

:lol:

bengs only wanna race with bengish looking cars eh i think..

most likely leave normal cars alone

UNLESS...

u initiate the race la... :evil:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member
Do they sell the STIs without the kit and with the hidden airscoop at the bonnet instead of the outrageously big air-scoop?? Will look like a normal lancer without the kit i think... sleeper and can spring suprises on unexpecting ah-bengs! hehehehe

at one stage when i was driving my rex(version 4),i did do away with the spoiler and my bonnet with the air scoop.

this was after i modded a front mount intercooler instead of the stock top mount.

so bascally,its looks like the normal Impreza GL. i even did away with my BOV and used an external wastegate. Sprang lots of surprises on those SIRs and Mivecs,and the occasional Evos.

but also gain extra attention from the Men in White with Bikes!

got stop countless times!

:evil::evil::evil: