Griessingeri Goby Thread;

Hi guys,

Just wanted you guys to know that I have finally joined your ranks. :eyebrow:

Due to the sudden intrusion of the Alpheus bellulus I have to forgo my order from the last shipment! :angry:

When this shipment arrives, I did not rush straight to ML cuz I am still unable to net the PS and plus I am busy preparing for the temporary power cut in my area for some maintenance work to be done by the town council.

Due to some delay during lunch, I reached home later than the power cut and realized that my sump overflowed. I have previously raised the water in my sump higher and forgotten to lower so that it could hold the back flow from the main-tank and pippings. After climbing up to the 12 storeys, I arrived home with a small puddle below my tank. :shock:

So instead of just turning on some battery operated air-pumps, sit back and enjoy my tank without lights, I ended mopping and clean all areas near the sump. :evil:

Fortunately I was rewarded, due to the flooding, my PS actually dislodges itself from its hiding place and seek refuge in the compartment of my sump easily accessable by net! :yeah:

After less than 1 min, the PS is safely contained. :eyebrow: Without much ado, I called Henry while I proceeded to the car.

4 hours later, I am a happy owner of a pair such lovely fish. Its been nearing 24hrs since and I must say, they are still within sight! :D

Guys, I am glad that my efforts have paid off! :D , Looking forward to learning more about such a lovely fish from you guys. :bow::bow::bow:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Welcome to the Griessingeri club dude!

Its a blessing in disguise for you and what a great timing when the shipment came in! ;)

Hope to soon see pics of your lovely pair (hopefully paired!). :lol:

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member

Just tagging along :lol:

Wondering if it's possible to plump a seperate 1.5ft to my current SPS tank and rear 1 -2 of this little fellows?

Or can i just rear them in my 2ft cube SPS??

==> High circulation 2 X M820 + 2 X M1100

==> High light 500W

==> sally light foot, sea cuke, 2 X true pers, abalone, turbos

Is it safe or even possible such tt these little fellows dun become food or get suck into the pumps?? :pinch:

cheers

• SRC Member

Hi zerocool,

As long as your pumps are high up it's fine as they are bottom dwellers. As for the high circulation it's fine too.. my tank's circulation is 1200l/h in a 60l tank.. no problems whatsoever.

They are smart fishes and very agile despite their size.... most important thing is to provide good quality liverocks (no evil hitchhikers) with matured pod population. From your LS list... none post problems to them. ;)

As for which tank to put them into... it's up to personal perference but for me, I prefer to put them in a delicated species tank only. :P

post-54-1107833267.gif

Welcome to the Griessingeri club dude!

Its a blessing in disguise for you and what a great timing when the shipment came in! ;)

Hope to soon see pics of your lovely pair (hopefully paired!). :lol:

Hi 35cents,

It sure is a blessing in disguise. ;)

As for photos, I dun think I have the skills and patience like you guys. I can't even take decent photos of my regular fishes in my tank without seeking help from some seniors, not to talk about griess. ;)

I tried to show it to a brother that drop by this afternoon, but to no avail. After he left, I saw them coming into the open again????? This is the unique attributes of griess that interest me - you are not able to see them as a when you like, they are the boss! :P Another such fish is the Priolepis nocturna. :P:P

I guess, some of us just like the "Peek a Boo" effect. :lol:

But so far, I have not see any aggression shown by the pair, they are always within 1 - 2 body length from each other. ;)

post-54-1109498620.jpg

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

Nice pic of the Priolepis. You have the "version" with more yellow. I have the black and white ones. I believe it is a location variance, but who knows maybe even diffrent species?

Hope you gave her a nice cave and some sand to dig? My couple always hangs belly up under a cave and she is digging the sand away under the rockwork on one side of the cave.

Her with eggs shineing through her belly:

priolepis_nocturna_female.jpg

Him:

priolepis_nocturna_1.jpg

and the stay with our topic:

discordipinna_griessingeri2.jpg

discordipinna_griessingeri5.jpg

• SRC Member
Nice pic of the Priolepis. You have the "version" with more yellow. I have the black and white ones. I believe it is a location variance, but who knows maybe even diffrent species?

Hope you gave her a nice cave and some sand to dig? My couple always hangs belly up under a cave and she is digging the sand away under the rockwork on one side of the cave.

Her with eggs shineing through her belly:

priolepis_nocturna_female.jpg

Him:

priolepis_nocturna_1.jpg

and the stay with our topic:

discordipinna_griessingeri2.jpg

discordipinna_griessingeri5.jpg

SWEET!!!!!!

those are some damn nice shots....

are u using the D70?? :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

Hi Peter, the variant I have is same as your too, the black and white ones. ;)

The pix you see is not mine just got it from the net. :P

Btw, how do you ###### them?

Also, my giessingeri pair are still roaming in my refugium almost always together. Dun knoe whether are are of opposite ######? If they are, I think I will be a happy man soon. :D

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

I don't see mine roaming together... mmmm <_< ... dun tell me all 3 is male or female.... :cry:

Oh and peter, nice pics... ;)

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member
Wats PS?

Pistol Shrimp... ;)

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member

Nice clips. Your fire shrimp really like to hog the camera huh? :lol:

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member
Nice clips. Your fire shrimp really like to hog the camera huh? :lol:

Tell me about it. The fella just like to move infront when I try to take some shots. They aren't as ex. and beautiful as those Griessingeri goby, but I still love them too. Watching them feed was funny coz they are always playing Hide and Seek or Flash. :lol::lol:

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

Expect the fact the "She" is more round and you can clearly see the egg mass in her body I cant really ###### them. She is more active and the one who is digging (btw - sand spitting of course in upside down position). He is more shy and stays hidding, but she is almost always to see ... but I have less luck with seeing my grisi's so guess that levels out :)

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Hi,

My previous rockscape contains rocks with too small holes so my gressi always remain hidden. So decided to do a rescape of my lr before I added in my second gressingeri.

My new rockscape.. a rock with a a hole in the centre which I supported with tonga branch. This way light can penetrate and I can observe the fishes a lot better.

post-54-1109778660.jpg

• SRC Member

My 2 gressi which I place in a container when I did my rescape. The larger one is the one which I have been keeping for abt 5 months now. The smaller just got from Henry two days back. You can see how much bigger and fatter the older one is... :eyebrow:

post-54-1109779136.jpg

Nice Griess! ;)

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

Oooh...very nice red griessingeri! You will be surprise at how fast the torn fin will heal back. My Bravo's tail notch heal in a week time... see my extended avatar, the one wif the green background.

Late liao... will post my Delta tomolo. ;)

post-54-1107833267.gif

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share, that I have confirmed 2 sightings! ;) Which means all my 2 Griess are still alive and kicking. :D

I was afriad that one may not make since I only sighted one for the past 2 days. :(

Last night, at about midnight, I managed to spot the 2nd Griess hiding at the spot least expected. :yeah:

Anyway, I now can confirmed that both Griess are staying away from each other after the initial party of 2. :lol:

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

mine stay separately too, but once in a while, you can see both of them sharing the same hole.

one stayed at the hole and the other one....make me look up and down for it...was making its home way on top of the rocks. its starting to have the "squirrel" trait liaoz.

;)