2months Old $100++ Tank

ai[k²]wan

• SRC Member

hi everyone this is my sucky tank for a 14 year old.

my father dont invest in my tank so everything gotta be cheap

the tank is reused u can tell from the looks of it.

i used an OHF, so far so good, more of bio inside with lots of ceramics..

used a few kg of rocks only very little life rocks, mostly freshwater, again cheapo kind of doings.

i know the tank sucks.

ok..

its 2 months+++ old

population 1 coral banded 1 damsel 2 skunk clowns 1 caulerpa 1 mushroom

no test kit poor guy

size 2 x 1 x 1.2 /1.5 nt sure

lights 55 watt cheapo pl $28

post-34-1062413499.jpg

I always believe that if you are genuinely interested in the hobby....you'll eventually build your dream tank....go slow and gradually...a year later...revisit the pic again......it'll be totally different......

you using PL lights?...better than me when I started....I used a cannister and only FL 10000K tubes

Reef On Buddy! Dun be too humble lah.....

• SRC Member
wan,Sep 1 2003, 06:49 PM] hi everyone this is my sucky tank for a 14 year old.

my father dont invest in my tank so everything gotta be cheap

the tank is reused u can tell from the looks of it.

i used an OHF, so far so good, more of bio inside with lots of ceramics..

used a few kg of rocks only very little life rocks, mostly freshwater, again cheapo kind of doings.

i know the tank sucks.

ok..

its 2 months+++ old

population 1 coral banded 1 damsel 2 skunk clowns 1 caulerpa 1 mushroom

no test kit  poor guy

size 2 x 1 x 1.2 /1.5 nt sure

lights 55 watt cheapo pl $28

It's not that bad, you should look at my first one... *Shaking head and sighing*

At least you started with a solid 2x1x1.5 tank. I used a cheaper pentas tank with FL.

Well, I know it is difficult to upkeep a tank without some resources, but I think you will feel a greater sense of accomplishment if you manage to do so (Lots of hard work and learning to "read" your fishes and corals). Keep up the good work... Times are bad so most of us is saving money too. Don't feel bad about it.

BTW where did you get the $28 55 W PL? I got mine at more than $30. Can PM me the place?

:D:peace:

• SRC Member

When you 'climb' too high, you will fall more easily as the formwork and foundation are not well-built and stable.

So you have a good start...build bit by bit...

Just keep on saving your angpow money and allowances and be a good boy and also pass your exams with aces, then persuade your parents to sponsor a bit while keeping up the good grades. Worth it... :P

When you 'climb' too high, you will fall more easily as the formwork and foundation are not well-built and stable.

Just keep on saving your angpow money and allowances and be a good boy and also pass your exams with aces, then persuade your parents to sponsor a bit while keeping up the good grades. Worth it... :P

Wah...looks like someone gets lots of Angpow money. Good for flubberina...

My angpow money never exceeds my weekly allowance. So that kinda sucks for me. My last angpow income use to pay my monthly hp bill then no more left already.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Yah or save up your daily allowance loh... like me, :cry2::cry2::cry2:

wan,Sep 2 2003, 10:29 PM] for all i know anthias got a "sugar daddy"

*quoted from spidey

as long as you are happy. then good enough.

hehe.. dun bother abt other ppl tank loh.

beauty in the eye of the beholder ah..

u using grade 0 sands? I still have not wash

mine. damn lazy as usual.

• SRC Member

Hey ai[k²]wan , i am also around the same age as u! same here no $$$ to get good stuff,just like ai[k²]wan. How much did u spent altogether?

SBS_Transit

:lol: very expensive stuff...last time I was quoted....$1000 plus plus to vcool my car... :o , no choice ...have to tell people I like the sun....keke..... B)

I see throngs of pple encouraging you....really good huh....very soon...we'll be looking at a really nice tank as U get suck into this hobby deeper and deeper!

Challenge is out there, can't avoid the inevitable................ :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

shit man, you guys use vkool for your tanks? i don't have that kind of money. as it is, the money i've forked out, has burnt a hole, which goes deeper than deep can get in my pocket. it's scary how the little things add up and the final cost just slaps you in your face.

• 3 weeks later...