Nick's 2Ft Nano Tank

nicholas_yeo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found another nudibranch crawling on my tank..... similar to the last one except this one was yellow. The previous one was KIA when he try 'diving' into my sump.... :nuke:

Took a pretty clear snapshot of it as it was crawling on the glass. Can even see its translucent body. :lol:

Didnt know if it is 'dangerous' yet, no idea as well where did it pops out from. Looks like I have to make sure I dip my corals next time on my purchase

that is the famous zoos chomper... ;)

thanks guys. Now comes the difficult part.... need to control feeding.... I am beginning to notice algae start blooming due to organic load.

My yellow tang and percula clowns are particularly hungry.... they ate everything I put in there.... I fed them 4 times yesterday and the YT was chomping everything including brine shrimp..... :P

Now will try to stablise the tank b4 I try to add any live stocks. Maybe only extra cleaning crews like shrimps and light sally foot crabs.

Finally, my percula clowns got so fond of the jewel that they are disturbing it so much that the jewel is no longer opening fully. Will this affect the jewel in the long run??? :( I dun plan to keep any anemone coz I afraid it will get shredder by the seio pump. any idea should I distract the clowns or do something else.... :cry2:

post-69-1109345518.jpg

• SRC Member
Found another nudibranch crawling on my tank..... similar to the last one except this one was yellow. The previous one was KIA when he try 'diving' into my sump.... :nuke:

Took a pretty clear snapshot of it as it was crawling on the glass. Can even see its translucent body. :lol:

Didnt know if it is 'dangerous' yet, no idea as well where did it pops out from. Looks like I have to make sure I dip my corals next time on my purchase

bro think you better dip ur Zoos. they come out frm ur Zoo, it happen tome once too. ended up i had to clear all my zoos away. <_<

• SRC Member

hey bro.. place ur anemone in a med current area and feed it well and it wont shift it place tt much once it stuck to tt place.. btw ur tank is nice.. hahax..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

Add the following livestocks over the past 2 wks

Decided no additional fish till parameter stablize. But I increase the cleaning crews to help on the daily maintenance.

Inverts

1) Sally lightfoot crab

2) Fire Shrimp

3) Emperor Shrimp

4) 'Pon Pon' Crab (dunno what is it, can't ID this pc - got it from Aquamarin)

Corals

1) Blue Sponge

2) Coco worm (Red)

3) Green Polyp zoo

4) Hairy Mushroom

post-69-1110195962.jpg

Bought a purple with green tip plate coral from reborn.... Has been for a couple of days now. The current was alittle too strong for the tentacles to fully extend... but I got no place with low current to place this little bugger.... ;)

Still, the clown fish ignore it and still spend all their time cuddling the jewel... :pinch:

post-69-1110196017.jpg

hi Astrobo, I dun think so. I saw the anemone crab at Sealife... looks diff in its pattern.

;) Kokhui has just open another thread with the same problem as mine. I was worry that hosting the clown fish will affect the jewel growth or health rate.... still monitoring it if it shrink but so far so good.

• SRC Member
one of the fellow reefer, kamiru, has 2 true prec making the jewel as their home. perhaps you would like to refer to his tread in the nano tank. it has been like that for a few months and the jewel is still doing very well... :rolleyes:

Hi to add on, actually i got 2 gonoiporas now. 1 was with me for more than half a year already, the other abt 4 months. Both my perculars like to hide in the gonois. Sometimes they will swop with each other gonnois. But in the night, the gonois will close up. then my perculars will go for my tube worms for shelter.

Thanks Kamiru, yours is very similar to mine. The jewel will close up in the nite and during the day time, the clowns will start playing with it.

Can u share with me your wkly supplement and foods for the jewel?

After consulting with all u guys, I decided to shift the jewel to the substrate and the flow rate at that are is higher. Interesting the jewel stays open much longer though not as big when I initially buy it. Now I perform 2 twice wkly target food for the jewel.

post-69-1110602220.jpg