Newbie Setting Up His First Time Sw Tank

• SRC Member
Hello Everyone,

Today I went to Hawaii Marine Shop In Sembawang and bought 3 live rocks there, 1 for $10 and 2 for $6 each total $22....

I have already arrange it... anyway i am planning to buy smaller once to fit in some holes.. so my tanks looks rocky to add small small corals into the holes.

And guess wat .. kana bitten by the Crab..

Best Regards,

Giritharan

WHao u went Hawaii marine huh??? The place small but not bad in terms of corals.

But warn u first.... they are more expensive by abit compare to other LFS but they provide top grade stuff They go for all the best....

U bought LR from them?? u went to the back to chose rite? smelly rite? and noisy.. that stupid dog....

Hope to see ya next time there.. cos i live near there and always go there see new stock on THursday or fri.......

Do u know the idea of opening the LFS ###### from the couples' son.... he onli 22 sia... young and capable huh.....

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

WHao u went Hawaii marine huh??? The place small but not bad in terms of corals.

But warn u first.... they are more expensive by abit compare to other LFS but they provide top grade stuff They go for all the best....

U bought LR from them?? u went to the back to chose rite? smelly rite? and noisy.. that stupid dog....

Hope to see ya next time there.. cos i live near there and always go there see new stock on THursday or fri.......

Do u know the idea of opening the LFS ###### from the couples' son.... he onli 22 sia... young and capable huh.....

Haha, Yea it is smelly, Dirt and a stupid crab bite me, Chow C$e# B*$. lol very pain ful la... while i was chosing the rocks.. Ne way Hope to see you there..

You know in seletar farm.. they also sell LR.. but very fast disappear one..

Best Regards,

Giritharan

'I hope you senior guyz there will help me out:)' - > DA - that means you're out...keke. :D:D

btw...welcome to the club!

and ....how is your tank setup like...what kind of filter system are you using? you have the tank for a few days only?..if you have a refugium or sump setup....cycling should be completed in a few weeks.... no LS (fishes) can be added in the meantime

can provide more info on the total setup...thanks :D

Dun think you are that senior either :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow: Ah boycott me

S@@@liF# also cheat newbies one... go to one of my earlier post to see wad i mean.... hong leong one... er... they say equipment is ex... dats all i noe....

where to go... u ask me??? i also asking myself.... i dun noe... im still trying to find thou....

SL do sell thing s abit ex but sam do have tons of knowledge

• SRC Member

Crazy issit go to portDickson, Hmm is that place in Tasmania or something or issit in malaysia itselfs, Also Last time i go swim in east coast park, i see some live rocks in the water.. can we use that??

Best Regards,

Giritharan

Port Dickson is not in Tasmania ler. Hobart is hehehe

Port Dickson is near Malacca ler. It's a holiday resort with beautiful muddy beaches.

You not stealing mah! if someone catches u taking them, just pay for it lor hehehe

• SRC Member
anyway bro how u go hawaii marine shop? i staying at hg.. how to go..

dont ask me take taxi go lah... by public transport...

Take Bus 167, from thomsan road.. towards sebwang.. there is a camp.. after the camp you will see the Mchdonal.. jsut alight there.. there is only 1 mchdonal you will see from thomsan to Sewbawan..

Best Regards,

Giritharan

• SRC Member
if i drop at sambawang mrt.. hw to go there?

Drop at admiralty station and cross the overhead brigde across the main road to the other side of the busstop and take 969...... alight at Chong Pang city >>> u will be able to see the CAMP and many coffee shops etc..... hawaii marine just infront after the junction ... near a shop sell famous nasi lemak...

• SRC Member
The next place u can visit for cheap things is Bukit Timah Shopping center...

They teach pple to rear Marine in a budget way...

Berry,

You are sending our dear friend from one hell to another. Bukit Timah LFS has a reputation that stinks as much if not more than RainB*w. My recommendation will be Oc*an Plan*t at owen road. The owner is sincere and the price is quite reasonable.

However, good deals are always a result of research done. You will find certain items cheaper and others more expensive within the same LFS due to the suppliers.

Regards,

Kevin Chen

• SRC Member

the owner is sincere?ckevin u are badly mistaken man. he is one of the biggest shit talking LFS owner . i absolutely hate OP more than r*****W even. he will make you buy this overpriced sps and call his friends over to say that they were selling over this and that and special price for u only. blah blah blah. really pathetic how his friends try to pretend to be stangers and try to help him and watch their fake coversation

• SRC Member

I like the bkt timah one, ask the uncle about wei**o skimmer, he say never heard of, no need, try to fob some other one to me, then checked out their stuff, then..... GASP.... saw a lobster with NO body only head, still alive and kicking in the tank, its really gruesome, imagine plucking off the head, can see the part where the body used to join it too, and the whole head still got legs and moving around!

• SRC Member
I like the bkt timah one, ask the uncle about wei**o skimmer, he say never heard of, no need, try to fob some other one to me, then checked out their stuff, then..... GASP.... saw a lobster with NO body only head, still alive and kicking in the tank, its really gruesome, imagine plucking off the head, can see the part where the body used to join it too, and the whole head still got legs and moving around!

wahahahaha.. i also went there before.. yeah i too saw that half body lobster... damn gross out man... maybe they think it's unique :lol: half body nv die... put on display... :lol:

the owner is sincere?ckevin u are badly mistaken man. he is one of the biggest shit talking LFS owner . i absolutely hate OP more than r*****W even. he will make you buy this overpriced sps and call his friends over to say that they were selling over this and that and special price for u only. blah blah blah. really pathetic how his friends try to pretend to be stangers and try to help him and watch their fake coversation

Actually from my own personal experience, Thomas of OP has always been rather fair-priced, friendly, sincere and a nice dude.

Don't know why you felt so strongly about his SPS pricing to you... but end of the day, you bought it right? ;) You shouldn't grumble now.

You wanna retract your statement or stand by it? ;)

• SRC Member

Yep

Saw the half-bodied lobster too. When I 1st saw it, thought it was dead but it was moving happily in the small tank. Thou I think its some kind of new breed/specimen or something, created by mankind. If I'm not wrong there's an article pasted somewhere in the shop that sums the origins of the mutant lobster. (Personally didn't read the article but were told by friends).

If U gotta chance, go see it & judge 4 yourself.

• SRC Member

Berry,

You are sending our dear friend from one hell to another. Bukit Timah LFS has a reputation that stinks as much if not more than RainB*w. My recommendation will be Oc*an Plan*t at owen road. The owner is sincere and the price is quite reasonable.

However, good deals are always a result of research done. You will find certain items cheaper and others more expensive within the same LFS due to the suppliers.

Regards,

Kevin Chen

No lei.. from wat i know their fish are quite cheap or same as market price....... U can look at their personal tank.. they dun use MH... but normal actinic lights..... u can see more other LFS uses MH for their tank...... They really teaches u rear in a budget and successful way