Banded shark egg

Lester

• SRC Member

hi ...:P

i happen to buy a banded shark egg from CF yesterday.. it the first time i keepinf it . would like to learn more on how to rear this little fellow from the experts out there.. :P

pls comments and share ur views on the care and requirement :flower:

here is a short clip of it ..sorry the clip is abit blur but it is the best DC i can get on my hands for the time begin :)

hope u guys enjoy :D

will post more pics once i got a decent DC hehe

the shark egg clip (avi file)

:thanks:

Cheers

• SRC Member
Need to do alot of reading leh.. i also wan to buy and hatch leh.. you know where to buy? and how much it costs?

hi bro ....

pm u liao on the location :D

glad to have another reefer that have the same interest wif me :P

cheers

• SRC Member

i think u influence him :lol:

i also wan..but wan t find one that is hatch :lol:

hi ... bro PBT

hehe maybe i can let u have mine at a low price when hatch :D if u interested hehe

but so far i only saw the egg for the time begin.. actually it is veri enjoyable to see the little fellow form inside the shell wif it yok still attacted to it :)

cheers :D

• SRC Member

Mine took about 3 weeks but depends on the size of the egg you got.

I've been keeping mine one and a half year now. Very interesting fish to keep. Does not disturb your corals and other live stock. Eats very well and very lively during feeding time.

He also plays well with my spotted ray.

Just to let you know they are blind.

Acrylic Aquarium Filtering Systems

Acrylic tanks, sumps, protein skimmers, overflow box, refugium, calcium reactors, zeovit reactors and many more...

Our New Address:

Blk 9003, Tampines St. 93,

Tampines Industrial Park A,

#03-134, Singapore 528837

(Located behind Tampines SAFRA)

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

Email me : info@iaquatic.com

*Please do not send PM's to us. Thank you

• SRC Member

Here is a small picture

post-8-1109205433.jpg

Acrylic tanks, sumps, protein skimmers, overflow box, refugium, calcium reactors, zeovit reactors and many more...

Our New Address:

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

• SRC Member

dude.. it hard to rear hor.. i try be4.. in my tank for a month,, but after tt it still die.. it don eat thing.. den it will eat ur shrimp...

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member

All my fishes and prawns are still around. I feed it with silver fish or prawns. I use a long stick to feed it. Once you feed them well they do not bother with my other fishes.

Our New Address:

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

• SRC Member

hi guys ...

lastest update on my shark egg :D

the little feelow seems to grow abit bigger ( by 1 cm).. starting to move around more often from wat i see ..:P..

i move the egg to my sump which is darker cos someone told me that it is better to leave the egg in darkness and they form more faster as it happen in the wild ( dunno if it is truth :) ).. anyway decided to try ...

do correct me if i am wrong ...

:thanks:

• SRC Member

but i saw in LFS they put in the main tank as they sae tt this fellow muz olso have morning and night wad.. so i think it better to place it in ur main tank.. btw bro.. pasir ris farm ah beng there got alot wad.. sa,e tank as the stingray there.. alot... different kind.. btw anyone noe wad breed is it?? i heard tt it a honey shark.. ??

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member
but i saw in LFS they put in the main tank as they sae tt this fellow muz olso have morning and night wad.. so i think it better to place it in ur main tank.. btw bro.. pasir ris farm ah beng there got alot wad.. sa,e tank as the stingray there.. alot... different kind.. btw anyone noe wad breed is it?? i heard tt it a honey shark.. ??

hi bro ...

just moved the little fellow to the main tank ... the shell is getting softer by now..:)

but the band haven show yet.... i think when in the dark the baby shark seems to be less stress and grown faster.. anyway i will monitor some more and update :D

byt he way when the little fellow hatch .. wat to feed it first ???

cheers :)