Frags from overseas?

akirasan

cool..... anyone interested?

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Cool.... seems that there IS some interest from you folks out there. Perhaps we could pick a particular online vendor and I guess email the fella to see what regulations there are etc. If it's ok, we can all ship a buncha frags over here and share the shipping :D

Juz me 2 cents,

1) ordering from States, most online stores require u to hv a certified paypal account. uncertified paypal account can only pay up to a maximum limit of USD250.

2) Ordering corals, be prepared for die off. my personal experience will be between 20 to 50% die off.

3) Customs, corals requiring CITES, had better hv the necessary documentations. u wun wanna know how much r the U.S custom fines.

4) Online stores, what u see might not be what u get. it happened to me. :(

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

Well, it seems that there IS the interest in pulling this off, provided everyone knows the risk of livestock dying during transit. :( Perhaps a short list of people interested in doing this? Then we can contact an online vendor to see if they're keen on shipping here, and lastly someone get the necessary permits etc? So..... who's keen?

1) Me :D

2)

3)

Well, it seems that there IS the interest in pulling this off, provided everyone knows the risk of livestock dying during transit. :( Perhaps a short list of people interested in doing this? Then we can contact an online vendor to see if they're keen on shipping here, and lastly someone get the necessary permits etc? So..... who's keen?

1) Me :D

2)

3)

Impossible... IMO if not wrong... only lfs has the license to get the permit..... As for livestock death during shipping is possible..... If you really want suggest you get a few close frens to do together and then theres a need to let everyone know the possible risk....... Lastly as for how to ship in, i let you think :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

My turn to add my 2 cents

1) ordering from States, most online stores require u to hv a certified paypal account. uncertified paypal account can only pay up to a maximum limit of USD250.

- Even if you have the account, 99.9% of them don't ship outside US. They have some restrictions too. on top of that, cost of shipment is very very high!

2) Ordering corals, be prepared for die off. my personal experience will be between 20 to 50% die off.

- Strongly agree... can be more at times, Total Wipe Out!

3) Customs, corals requiring CITES, had better hv the necessary documentations. u wun wanna know how much r the U.S custom fines.

- First of all we need import license and we have to be a registered company. Take 5 times of your total bill as a guide for the fine.

4) Online stores, what u see might not be what u get. it happened to me.

- Even lfs whom deal frequently with them got tricked by them too.

Did anyone thought of getting bulk order from our lfs, partly to support our own industry here and secondly to reduce our cost?

Cheers

:rolleyes:

Hmmmm seems like it's kinda tough to order online after all.... <shrug> Oh well, it was worth a try :D Bulk order from our LFS? I think most of us know the people there enough for us to just 'dive in' and take our pick eh? Unless you're talking about them making a special order for us from their supplier?

Alright, how bout this. I'll go email the frag fella (US side) and see what's required on HIS side - or does he just pack it, ship it and that's the end of his business. In the meantime, someone else go check out what's required on OUR side? Any volunteers? Perhaps email the relavant authorities or find out from whoever regarding whatever..... ANyone?

Alright, how bout this. I'll go email the frag fella (US side) and see what's required on HIS side - or does he just pack it, ship it and that's the end of his business. In the meantime, someone else go check out what's required on OUR side? Any volunteers? Perhaps email the relavant authorities or find out from whoever regarding whatever..... ANyone?

yea anyone.cant be just join in den no one do the job except akirasan :)

Thanks a lot dude :D No I'm fine with that, just that to make sure everyone's keen. I'm just afraid that if I did everything, then no one just say 'count me in' and when it comes to the actual ordering, no one will 'turn up' or pay. In which case, I'll be F$%^#@ in every way possible. Heh... hope you get my drift :D