Iwaki MX100 vs RD 10m3

roidan

• SRC Member

Alan,

I see your point. As I have mentioned, I ordered the pump because I wanted it. I didn't change my mind or fly anyone aeroplane but the dealer could not get the stock in time and I could not wait.

If the dealer has a new RD 10m3 now, I can still buy and pay for it. He knows the number to reach me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway, latest i heard is that manufacturer indicate new shipment of RDs next week....but the units only for those who confirmed + chopped + paid.....

buy this pump like buy ferrari like dat...cannot just casually say say and then expect the agent to keep a few brand new ferraris waiting for new owners...so those who test-drive and then tell the sales manager that they confirm will buy when the ferraris are here is just plain-talk.

Must confirmed+chopped+paid, then the sales procedure will be initiated. :lol:

Congrats to another batch of RD owners....your red water-ferraris on the way :lol:

• SRC Member
anyway, latest i heard is that manufacturer indicate new shipment of RDs next week....but the units only for those who confirmed + chopped + paid.....

buy this pump like buy ferrari like dat...cannot just casually say say and then expect the agent to keep a few brand new ferraris waiting for new owners...so those who test-drive and then tell the sales manager that they confirm will buy when the ferraris are here is just plain-talk.

yayaya I agree.. noone order a thing without paying deposit... even HDB also ask u pay deposit when u getting a flat...

• SRC Member

Congrats to another batch of RD owners....your red water-ferraris on the way :lol:

Wah bro, even buying ferrari also u know ah.. hehehehe... I dunt even dare to show my face at the ferrari dealer... They will most probably think I am there to apply for sweeper position or sumthing.. hehehehe

You don't know the story so don't anyhow wack. I have been avoiding confrontation with you for a while and enough is enough. Is there something you have against me or what?

I have called and ordered the RD 2 weeks before CNY. I was told that the pump should come in before CNY. I waited and called many times, but before CNY, become after CNY, after CNY still not in. I was again told that the pump would have come in on 19 Feb. I gave it extra days and on 23 Feb when I called, the pump was still not in. I was told that there is a huge backlog due to the big order in the USA. I told the shop that I would wait until 26 Feb, and by then if it still doesn't come, I cannot wait any longer. I didn't receive any call.

If a dealer is really interested to push the stock, he/she should stock up the equipment instead of ordering piece by piece and have the customer wait for so long. What happen if my pump die? My tank would have crashed waiting for the pump.

What confrontation are you referring to?

:off: Problems with using rowaphos in FR? I state the fact and it is so painful for you??? Anymore??? probably I am not aware of, maybe you like the enlighten me :thanks:

If you can show me that I offended you with hard evidence then I will offer you my apologies. If you could not then I will expect you to do the same for your comments. It's so strange that your atitude can take a 180 deg swing within a matter of few months.

I probably don't know the full story as I do not know how you think. You said that if the pump don't arrived within a certain time then you will get the one that Sugi is selling? End up the pump was sold to Roidan instead. Just don't confirm+chop then end up no more "chop" already. BTW you know what "chop" means? You're posted to thailand so probably you know better than me :P

• SRC Member

I did not book any koralin CR from anyone. And I did not book Sugi's RD and I told him that I was still waiting for the dealer to come back until the weekend.

Anyway, sorry for my ignorance that I didn't know buying a RD is like buying a ferrari. So in that case, I'm not in the same class as you guys. And I'm not ready to wait for 3 months for a pump. If the dealer had told me that's how long to wait for a pump, I would not even have "chop". I was told that it takes 1-2 weeks.

No explanation or "evidence" on your comments on "confrontation"? It's so unfortunate that you could not provide the evidence. Just throw a bomb and then run away without backing up your claims, it is very damaging for the other person. If you like I can do the same to you.

Here's the thread. The rest can read and decide if it is confrontation or just stating the truth. Everyone loves to hear good things but the truth just hurts at times.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...c=27797&hl=rowa

Anymore facts to back up your claim? If not I expect an apology from you.

I did not say you booked the RD from Sugi but you actually told the dealer that if the RD don't arrive by your date then you will get from Sugi.

Oh do you remember ordering a 5kg Rowaphos and then cancelling it too?

The dealer sometimes has no control over the lead times too as the factory could not meet the demand and delivery time keep on dragging.

Some people really CMI one, nevermind, he will get what he deserves in due time.

Conclusion: Different pump for different purpose/situation, application & budget.

Get what is within your budget and what suits your application. There is no one single pump that suits everyone.

And pls remember be a gentleman and honor your words and speak wisely. Always be prepared to provide evidence and backup your claim :blink:

:paiseh::upsidedown::eyeblur:

It is ok lah... Í'm the one who CMI. You are always right and the most honorable reefer. Let's keep it that way. Hope our paths don't cross again.

I'll say this again.

No explanation or "evidence" on your comments on "confrontation"? It's so unfortunate that you could not provide the evidence. Just throw a bomb and then run away without backing up your claims, it is very damaging for the other person. If you like I can do the same to you.

How do you feel now? :eyeblur:

depends on application lah....if application requires elaborate piping work and great heights or restriction....pressure rated pumps like iwaki do the job best...

if application involves minimal piping work, not too high a discharge point and no significant obstruction to flow, non pressure rated pumps will be able to handle lor....in this case RD works fine at low wattages but at a premium price lor.

• SRC Member
back to topic.. so the blue beast seems to be a better choice ?

.. agrees with roidan

RD > low watt consumption with high flow rate but non-pressure rated ... Iwaki pump>high watt consumption but pressure rated pump.

thus depend on yr usage.

I like to remind everyone again that that SRC does not condone behaviour that spoils the atmosphere for everyone. While we can debate about things, we should not use the forum to slime one another.

If there is a need to settle this privately, do it by PM.

Thank you for your co-operation!

The Admin and Mod Team.

Between RD and Iwaki in the long term I wil choose Iwaki for its reliability and ruggedness as well as parts availability.

Iwaki is designed for used in industrial applications like chemical plants running 24x7 where a failure can easily result in losses that can buy 100 Iwakis or more. All parts in the Iwaki are replaceable. From impeller to bearings to casing. Motors can be rewinded or replaced as well.

Red Dragon pumps are designed for hobby use. Will you have parts a few years down the road like impellers? Are their friction bearings changeable?

So I guess you be the judge.

Electrical cost wise, it tales years to recover and by that time you might need to replace a running part in the RD and who knows what's the price? You probably can buy a new Iwaki for the price you pay for that part.

Just my thoughts............

yeah..iwakis are just like Mitsubishi Heavy Industries equipment whereby it's meant for rough and tough use and you can easily find parts for it years down the road.....

whereas RDs are less common and more exclusive like italian cars and finding parts for them in future may be a problem. Nonethelesss they do have parts for replacement... here's the list from their site :yeah::lol:

Price list pumps, spare parts + accessories:

Red-Dragon: (earlier: Black-Devil)

feed pump

Red-Dragon pump 4,5 m³ 48 Watt/h 2.3 mtr/Ws

401,20 €uro

Red-Dragon pump 6,5 m³ 65 Watt/h 4,0 mtr/Ws

487,90 €uro

Red-Dragon pump 8,2 m³ 75 Watt/h 4,0 mtr/Ws

578,00 €uro

Red-Dragon pump 10 m³ 98 Watt/h 4,0 mtr/Ws

615,40 €uro

Red-Dragon pump 12 m³ 115 Watt/h 3,8 mtr/Ws

661,30 €uro

Red-Dragon pump 14 m³ 135 Watt/h 4,2 mtr/Ws

848,30 €uro

Red-Dragon Power-Wave:

submerged pump

Red-Dragon Power-Wave 7 m³ 45 Watt/h

554,20 €uro

Red-Dragon Power-Wave 9 m³ 58 Watt/h

605,20 €uro

Red-Dragon Power-Wave 11 m³ 85 Watt/h

705,50 €uro

Red-Dragon Power-Wave 13 m³ 105 Watt/h

731,00 €uro

NEU: Red-Dragon Bubble-King:

Skimmer-pump

Especially to exchange existing skimmers up to 70cm height, complete with nozzle, suction tube and pumpe incl. saltwater resistand titan screws, SIC-bearings und Anti-limebypass. detachable nozzle.

Air suction 1000 Litre, 42 Watt,

Water : 3000 L/h

735,76 €uro

Air suction 1500 Litre, 48 Watt,

Water : 4500 L/h

832,49 €uro

Air suction 2000 Litre, 65 Watt,

Water : 6000 L/h

912,56 €uro

Air suction 2500 Litre, 85 Watt wattage,

Water : 10.000L/h

1.017,45 €uro

Coupling set, intern, completely 30,43 €uro

Coupling set, extern, completely 39,27 €uro

Holding device, for Power-Wave pumps, indexing slide, 5-30mm glass panes 52,70 €uro

Holding device, for Power-Wave pumps, indexing slide, 31-60mm glass panes 61,20 €uro

Categorie 1: Impreller with ceramic axle

complete impeller, 6 and 7m³ pumps, only shipment:

73,49 €uro

complete impeller, 8 to 12m³ pumps, only shipment:

82,20 €uro

complete impeller, 6 and 7m³ pumps, renew in our workshop

108,65 €uro

complete impeller, 8 to 12m³ pumps, renew in our workshop

126,04 €uro

New: ex 2002/5: surcharge for unbreakable axles 6 to 8 m³ pumps

38,76 €uro

New: ex 2002/5: surcharge for unbreakable axles 10-12 m³ pumps

50,83 €uro

(Attention: unbreakable axles could not additionally mounted to the impreller)

Categorie 2: engine + spare parts:

Engine for 6 and 8m³ pumps, only shipment 195,57 €uro

Engine für 10 and 12m³ pmps, only shipment 241,64 €uro

Exchange engine, for 6 to 9 m³ pumps, renew in our workshop 243,37 €uro

Exchange engine, for 10 and 12 m³ pumps, renew in our workshop 278,14 €uro

Categorie 3: plain bearing:

Plain bearing bush material: carbon steel, only shipment 8,69 €uro

Plain bearing bush material: carbon steel, renew in our workshop 39,12 €uro

Plain bearing bush material: silicon carbide, only shipment 65,20 €uro

Plain bearing bush material: silicon carbide, renew in our workshop 121,69 €uro

Kategorie 4: pumpholder / pump head / base plate

Pump pipe bored, broken connecting tube 104,31 €uro

Pump head completely renew 217,29 €uro

Base, completely with foot: only shipment 56,49 €uro

Ground plate, for base 24,34 €uro

Base, completely with foot, renew in our workshop 111,27 €uro

O-Ring, for pump head, 90 x 2 mm, material: silicon

60 shore-hardness 5,22 €uro

O-Ring, for engine, material: perbunan, 82 x 4 mm 3,91 €uro

Categorie 5: spare parts + accessories

pump complete decalcifying + trial run on our test rig 65,03 €uro

Anti-lime bypass 39,12 €uro

Anti-lime bypass, more later insert 82,88 €uro

10 metre rubber-connection cable 39,12 €uro

Special current, 110V/60 Hz. 30,43 €uro

Rubber foot, intern, set = 4 pieces 8,69 €uro

Rubber foot, extern, set = 4 pieces+caps 13,91 €uro

V4A screws 6 x 50 mm hexagon socket, set = 4 pieces 8,69 €uro

Titan screws, 6 x 50 mm hexagon socket, set = 4 pieces 31,28 €uro

Titan screws complete set: all the screws for the pump

42,33 €uro

Silicon tube, 150 mm large, for 25/32/40mm pipes 14,77 €uro

Silicon tube per metre

20 x 4 mm, transparent / natur 22,59 €uro

25 x 5 mm, transparent / natur

34,51 €uro

30 x 5 mm, transparent / natur 42,16 €uro

36 x 5 mm, transparent / natur 55,79 €uro

40 x 10 mm, black 160,23 €uro

worm drive clamp V4A for 25 mm tubes 2,82 €uro

for 30 mm tubes 3,26 €uro

for 40 mm tubes 3,77 €uro

for silicon tube 40 x 10 mm for 50 mm tubes 4,30 €uro

Strainer, 40 cm length, for 40 mm suction pipe 21,73 €uro

Strainer, 15 cm length, for 40 mm suction pipe 17,37 €uro

filter cartridges , for 40 cm strainer, 4-fold wrapped with wadding mat, with net

5,20 €uro

customer type plates 2,18 €uro

patrick....no point putting the heat sink if you do not have air movement to bring heat off the fins.... :shock: putting heat sink with no fan will overheat the pump more than its original configuration.

if it is the iwaki fan noise that is irritating you, remove it manually as i said and use quieter fans to blow the pump instead. Then u want to use those turbo fans or big AC fans also can. Adding heat sinks, irregardless of using the inbuilt fan or external fans should help the pump dissipate heat faster. But then it comes to whether is it worth the extra mile to stick the heat sinks painstakingly or just use a more powerful fan instead.

again i must state i feel that both iwakis and RDs have a niche of their own....

like robe has said....iwakis are built for tough and rough use....think of the Mitsubishi heavy vehicle that can pull a container and a ferrari running a championship car tournament....both possess immense power.....

but would you use a ferrari to pull a container? or would u use a Misubishi heavy vehicle to run the LeMans?

The Iwaki (mitsubishi) being pressure rated, excels at pulling loads under pressure, through restriction, construction obstacles (elaborate piping work) and so on.......whereas the RD (ferrari) excels when it is allowed to fly on a flat open road under little loading and restriction.....

the inherent design of the impeller/pump (engine/transmission) of the Iwaki (mitsubishi) gives it the ability to work very well in the lower speed but high torque applications but it loses the edge when it comes to top speed performance of the RD (ferrari).....just like the impeller/pump design of the RDs give it the ability to fly under minimal restrictive applications whereas it will not do as well under what the Iwaki will excel in.....

that's why i say both excel at different things. Iwakis are amongst the top choices for pressure rated use.....and RDs are amongst the top choices for non-pressure rated use.

Just for info, my Iwaki MD55(?) has been running non stop day in day out for 10 years now. Its in the cupboard, no airflow for cooling, runs too hot to touch.

Never missed a beat, pretty impressive and value for money in my opinion.

• SRC Member
Just for info, my Iwaki MD55(?) has been running non stop day in day out for 10 years now. Its in the cupboard, no airflow for cooling, runs too hot to touch.

Wow...sounds like you need to give out a long service award to your iwaki pump. hehehehe.

Anyone else have experience of running their iwaki for so long?

IanJ,

It is not surprising as I know of some chemical plants that have been running their iwaki pumps for more than 15yrs :P