needed advice on hammer

Lester

• SRC Member

hi ...

got this hammer with me for almost a month liao but recently the side of the hammer is not expanding as it used too...( circle red in the pic ).. it only has one head. the other side is expanding big as usual.. is it slowly diying ??? wat is happening to it ????

pls advise ...

:thanks:

post-70-1110607832.jpg

• SRC Member

My guess would be that the particular brunch is not recieving as much light and flow...

Tried feeding?

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member
My guess would be that the particular brunch is not recieving as much light and flow...

Tried feeding?

hi bro ...

nope haven tried feeding ... cos was told that tooo much feed will kill it ... :P.. it used to open as much as the otheer side .,,,,,,,

hmmm.... is it a serious case ??? will it die ???

cheers:P

• SRC Member

hi bro ...

nope haven tried feeding ... cos was told that tooo much feed will kill it ... :P.. it used to open as much as the otheer side .,,,,,,,

hmmm.... is it a serious case ??? will it die ???

cheers:P

ups ..

anyone can help me ???

cheers :)

Usu hammer are quite hardy - it is usu affected by a few parameter - namely high nitrate ( > 30 ppm), temp (28 degreeswould be ideal ) and lighting (strong lights not needed generally 150W should suffice but I have try with 250W ... no ill effect though )

Hope it helps.

Usu hammer are quite hardy - it is usu affected by a few parameter - namely high nitrate ( > 30 ppm), temp (28 degreeswould be ideal ) and lighting (strong lights not needed generally 150W should suffice but I have try with 250W ... no ill effect though )

Hope it helps.

I agree with sapient, the euphyllia species are good indicators of your water condition.

I suggest you start looking at all aspects of your water condition and rectify it at the root. :D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
bro,

Do you notice any white "smoke" kind of stuff coming out og your hammer?

hi bro ..

nope .. didn't notice any white smoke coming out :)..

it just tat the camel shrimp is always beside the hammer .. could it be the cause ???

cheers :D

• SRC Member

Hope it helps.

hi bro..

hmmm nitrate is < 30.... my octo is doing well ... wat could be the other reasons ?? :o

• SRC Member

I agree with above observations to check nitrate, temperature and lighting.

From you pic, that portion seemed to be shielded from light. You want to try tilting it abit to ensure lights reaches all of them. Some water flow is beneficial to the hammers too.

Hope above helps.

• SRC Member

Lester, I read that camel shrimp are not reef safe. Your thoughts?

Hi...

i finally found the murderer of my hammer liao ... it is one of my camel shrimp .. thanks bro ... actually saw it last night.. having it buffet ... <_<

going to remove all the rocks.... to catch the 3 little fellow... out

:thanks: alot for the help provided...

cheers :)

• SRC Member

Hmmmm..........

suddenly realise that to remove all the rocks just to catch the litlle devil is alot of work... shit.......... %$@$%^

anyone have better idea of catching the 3 little devils ????

below is my rocks layout... :S

:thanks:

post-70-1110884756.jpg