• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
one other member to be careful of is a***p*****e

cheated my friend of ricordea

wah getting intersting lei, this axxxxxxxxxxx (whoever) also cheats??!!!?? :blink::blink::blink:<_<<_<

er..... before this gets out of hand....remember that whatever you say here, you must be responsible for it. We do not want any flaming going on...do use pms if necessary. Thanks

shoelevy,

while we do not know if there are any misunderstanding or intention to cheat, it would nonetheless do us good if u can tell us to your best knowledge, how the situation happened and why your friend had such a sour experience.

so that we can avoid similar, truly unintentional,future misunderstandings with fellow reefers or future exposure to such situations where cheats can exploit.

we do not know if there has been truly a misunderstanding or a real intention to cheat.....

so just share with us the incident and let us avoid such similar situations with fellow other reefers.....

let's not judge whether is this guy or that guy is a cheat or not....but rather, let's just wise up to the situations that can lead to misunderstanding or the situations that are open to exploitation.

That will be for the greater good :)

• SRC Member

alrighty then

I WANT TO MAKE CLEAR THAT I MEAN NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE

AND I USED THE WORD CHEAT BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT MY FRIEND USED AND THAT'S WHAT I FELT AFTER LISTENING TO THE STORY

so here goes...for convenience, that guy is X

my friend was arranging to swap ric with X

friend's one is about 20cent coin big

X told my friend that the ric he had was 5cents big

X was sincere enough to run from one end of singapore to meet my friend at the other end

but when they met, my friend looked at the ric, it was no bigger than the size of the head of a ball pt pen

and it was bleached....

X said if my friend not happy can call the deal off but seeing that the guy ran from one side to the other side of singapore and not wanting to waste my friend's trip down to the MRT station to meet, my friend agreed.

couple of days later, ric fell off the rock it came with...and you guys should know what that means

PS: my friend's tank has parameters up to standards...you guys have seen his tank thread before so that speaks for the quality of the ric in the first place

• SRC Member

Honestly... dun sound "cheat" to me... your friend agreed to the exchange after all. And rics are known to shrivel into small sizes when stress. This tactic I call it "pressurising with sympathy". :)

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member

the bleaching part is the part that my friend isn't happy about...not so much the small size of the ric

but as i said, i used the word cheat cos i feel that way, it does not in anyway reflect a truth

As I said..... if we are not careful..sometimes ....it is just our fault. I wont call the guy a cheat if there was an agreement....

Like my yellow tang case....well....I repeat...it's just my fault for not insisting in inspecting the fish.... ;) (of course it helps if the guy informed me about it...lol)

• SRC Member

no offense deepblue but i personally do not agree that even though there's an agreement then the person isn't a cheat...

elderly people who pay for "magic stones" also agree to it...but we all know that these are cheating cases

i believe the responsibility lies with both the seller and the buyer...both have to be honest, both have to truthful, both have to take blame

once again, no offense to deepblue or anyone else

:)

• SRC Member

Your friend very old meh?? :lol:

post-54-1107833267.gif

no lah...I wont be offended..I am not the one who goed ard doing that.....lol...

just that I think sometimes if we have inspected the goods (in this case corals .. no issue of counterfeit or hocus pocus crap) .... then we just need to let the guy know...its not a fair trade....

too many a times...including myself....we want to be nice...that's why we just accepted the deal even at our disadvantage....

I think to benefit all....we just got to be real frank during the trade or sale to avoid disppointments...

• SRC Member
too many a times...including myself....we want to be nice...that's why we just accepted the deal even at our disadvantage....

I agree. That's the weakness in all of us cos paiseh if call off the deal. But I firmly believe that both parties should always expect, just in case, the deal may be called of... thus no hard feelings involved...

My 2 cents.

post-54-1107833267.gif

aiyah this sounds like kinda common case..... i kana i also keep quiet..... next time just dun trade with those plankton.. or have 99% of their post in pasar malam.... easy as that.... But if still wanna trade, theres a possibility of something you do not expect to happened...... Theres always a risk somehow....

Hmm instead of hearing those thread of ppl kana cheta.. i wanna see more good trade/ sales experience... like my trade of deal with bro deepblue.. always both party happy one....

Speaking of good trade...I love the generosity of Jimng!!! :lol:

DA..we are quite chin chai pple mah... lol

• SRC Member

alot ppl pm for his foto leh.. is it okie to post the pic.. moderator?.... too many pm le... so sick man.till now he still nv give me a sms or call.. wat the hell is he up too....

hi bro KEE

when i was new to the hobby.

i was having trouble with transporting of an old tank.

but, you offered to help with your vehicle even though you did not know me, a small plankton.

i really appreciated that even though i did not go through with the transport. (the honourable seller helped me in the end, so one-dragon-path mah ...).

this incident is really sad indeed. but, i do hope you will end well ...

i have not met you before ... maybe i could meet you up and have a makan (on me lah) ...

please don't let small case like this to occupy your FULL RAM.

there are still many good planktons around ... (we are good enough even for a whale)

have fun ... :bow:

:thanks:

lizard