Introducing the mazzei skimmer.

acidjazz

• SRC Member
A closer look.

Why the collection cup no skimmate? Bro, think you have adjusted the foam head level too low resulting in too dry skimmate and all skimmate 'sticking' to the side wall of the riser. You need to 'play' with it to get better result.

post-14-1113196782.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

ha.. okay shall post more convincing pics soon. dun flatter me please. . i shall change my avatar! :D

how about u change your avatar to one of your chiobu friends?

its alwaes nice to know that somewhere in singapore, there are pretty girls around

too bad they only hang around and kiss handsome ones like you..haha...must be you practise some kinda hypnosis with your wine bar!

hope to see your chiobus soon :P:off:

I am using mazzei with my weipro 2014. ;)

Bro,

Like to share how you do that?

Regards

Sherman

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Guys... ppl are doing a review(not easy task)..... anyway great effort!!

bro, thanks for ur support. i appreciate it. :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

well it's not to put him down on the review.. just that ppls are checking how gd this skimmer really is..

Anyway what is the vol this skimmer can be use on the tank...

How many air & water is been suck in..??

Like my skimmer it is ###### in 2000L Air and 4000L of water and support up to 2000L tank vol.

The amt of bubble I have is huge and forceful.. cause I can tune it dry and have all the skimmate stuck on the the wall of the cylinder and then tune to wet and the bubble can even force those dry skimmate to be flow out to the colection cup.

well it's not to put him down on the review.. just that ppls are checking how gd this skimmer really is..

Like my skimmer it is ###### in 2000L Air and 4000L of water and support up to 2000L tank vol.

The amt of bubble I have is huge and forceful.. cause I can tune it dry and have all the skimmate stuck on the the wall of the cylinder and then tune to wet and the bubble can even force those dry skimmate to be flow out to the colection cup.

yup i know..... but should admire his effort for doing such a review... why dun more of us do reviews den we can actually compare the efficiency of the skimmer.... like weipro user can do weipro review.. of course, with detail pics and information

• SRC Member

Wah that much water and that much air...like niagara & victoria falls :blink:

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Great effort pal!! I have never done single review here before man!

Since some mentioned that mazzi is simliar to weipro...why not do a review on these skimmer.....And how abt checking their NO3 to deduce the effectivness? ^_^ Anway, just na suggestion....and acid....more and more lobang huh! Next time, must recommend me hor.... :P

• SRC Member

of cos...that's a BK for goodness sake...its a superb skimmer!!!

then would it be correct to say that my beckett which is driven by md55, assuming after friction and head loss is doing 3000L/hr, then my beckett is taking in 1500L/hr of air?

typrobin is right....you cannot proportionalise the beckett's air or water flow directly off another skimmer like BBK.....

for the same beckett injector even, obviously the water or air flow will vary greatly with different pumps used and even if using the same pump, design differences in the skimmer itself will result in different readings as well....

but anyway my quattro running in dual-beckett mode now on an mx100 draws 1800l/hr per injector...meaning i am drawing in 3600l/hr of air into my skimmer body currently...

of coz this is only absolute air volume and doesn't equate to bubble fineness which is another category altogether :)

just remember that a beckett has 4 ports to breathe per injector...compared to usual single port venturis ...using a strong pump is the key.....i have seen mx100 on a single beckett injector...all i can say is :shock::lol:

• SRC Member
typrobin is right....you cannot proportionalise the beckett's air or water flow directly off another skimmer like BBK.....

for the same beckett injector even, obviously the water or air flow will vary greatly with different pumps used and even if using the same pump, design differences in the skimmer itself will result in different readings as well....

but anyway my quattro running in dual-beckett mode now on an mx100 draws 1800l/hr per injector...meaning i am drawing in 3600l/hr of air into my skimmer body currently...

of coz this is only absolute air volume and doesn't equate to bubble fineness which is another category altogether :)

just remember that a beckett has 4 ports to breathe per injector...compared to usual single port venturis ...using a strong pump is the key.....i have seen mx100 on a single beckett injector...all i can say is :shock::lol:

issit possible to share what you mean by 4ports to breathe?

possible to show with picture?

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-03/fm/index.htm

"A spike- shaped divider evenly restricts the water stream over the ball, and focuses the water under the four air intakes, evenly spaced at ninety degrees apart. Water traveling past the spike and around the ball, results in air being drawn in from the four intakes."

in other words, a beckett injector is akin to having 4 single-port venturis ;)

• SRC Member

of cos...that's a BK for goodness sake...its a superb skimmer!!!

BK = Burger King ? :lol:

Superb or not really is up to the individual, to some weipro is superb to them...

Now back to the review...how is it ? we are all eager to know (at least for me) :eyebrow:

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Looks not too bad bro, anyway why not try an AQUABee needle wheel pump,,, just like what my H&S is working on....think can get it at petmart.....if you do, let me know of the performance :D

ISLANWIDE Doorstep CO2 refill @ $42.00 (5L and below)sms 93638229 now!!!! For larger canisters do enquire:]