Beta Glucan

• SRC Member
:o

:P

What's GNC?

general nutrition something... cannot remember... haha....

• SRC Member

Anthony Calfo said has a fish (can't remember the species) that had virus and uncurable for a year. The fish was eating but there's no medication for virus. He was at first septical about beta glucan, but decided to give it a try. Voila.... the wound healed and the fish was cured.

• SRC Member

Look what I got from GNC today! :lol::D

30 capsules for $28.... :o:o

I got the 10mg one rather than the 3mg one... :lol::D

It is in powder form in a capsule.

I open some of the capsules and blend the powder into my fish food mix... (contains mysis, prawn roes, cyclopeeze, garlic and seaweed shreds) before keeping the mix into my freezer.... :lol:

Today, I heard from an LFS that you can get ich from frozen food such as mysis (not sure if true or not)... :huh:

post-21-1117631456.jpg

• SRC Member
seamonkee

Will feeding beta glucan help to prevent ich, like built up their immune system?

koniyakutz

where can I get this? do u feed them everyday?

cheers :yeah:

:peace:

My fishes has no ich at the moment... since they are in quarantine tanks receiving cupramine (copper) treatment.... so it is hard to tell if it is really a cure or preventive measure. In any case, adding garlic or beta glucen when the ich already appears can be too late..... you should be adding garlic mix or beta glucen when the fishes are still well as a preventive measure.

In any case, I have yet to find out the true effectiveness of beta glucan... now testing it....

but please dun expect it to be the cure for ich... it does not "kills" ich directly.. what it does is only stimulate the fishes into producing more T-cells and white-cells to combat parasites and diseases on its own.

By the way, if you are really keen on getting pure beta glucan like me, I must say it is not soluble but in a powder form... you have to really mash it into your food mix to allow your fishes to get the most out of it...

• SRC Member
Today, I heard from an LFS that you can get ich from frozen food such as mysis (not sure if true or not)... :huh:

....the same as believing everything on the internet ;):D

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......