yooyoo99's 3.5 ft tank

yooyoo99

Hi all guys,

i would like to share some of my tank's photo. hope you guys like it.

a brief history:

this tank was set up in dec 04, meant to be a small deco in my new house. i have not get to know any thing on marine fishes and coral then, and have to live with some of my mistakes till i have the cash to move on to a better design tank.

came to know of sgreef through some of my colleage, and it is from here, that i get to know the knowhow of marines fishes and corals...i am still learning.

glad to have a supportive wife as well, considering the initial amount of money and time that i have commited to this hobby...now consider more as a passion :)

tank spec back then in year 2004:

length: 124cm

breath: 40cm

height: 40cm

quite a long tank to me, but find the breath of the tank not enough :(

lights:

2x T8 lights (1 blue and 1 white)

cooling system:

1 fan

filtration system (corner overflow, no sump):

1 H&S skimmer

filter wool and poly filter

coral chips and biohome

rowa and activated carbon

return pump: ehiem 1260

circulation pump: ehiem 1000 x2

welcome to the hobby :D and a very nice tank you have there. Have you considered getting a stand for it?

he he...use stand will block the windows and my wife will :evil::evil::evil: ...this is a small corner which i have squeeze out during the plan for renovation of the house...but now saving up to upgrade to a new one plus some more reno

• SRC Member

he he...use stand will block the windows and my wife will :evil::evil::evil: ...this is a small corner which i have squeeze out during the plan for renovation of the house...but now saving up to upgrade to a new one plus some more reno

Oh I see...I see...ok understand :D now wifey supportive better keep it that way :P

• SRC Member

welcome u bro.. welcome to SGREEF.. hahax.. ur tank are nice.. ya.. accompany bro decent.. hahax..

Regards..

Lorenzo..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

anyway, for year 2005, the following big revamp have been done so that i can rear more corals in my tank:

1. change the 2x T8 light to 4 tubes of 39W T5 (2 blue and 2 white DIY - parts from DE lights)

2. got myself a resun CL300 (temp set at 26)

3. clear out all the sand in the tank, now a bare bottom (to go towards berlin style and got rid of those nuisance algae)

4. clear out in stages, the coral chips and biohome in my internal overflow (attempt to reduce NO3 level)

5. bought a rio 820 to replace the 2 ehiem 1000 for internal water circulation

the photo is the new look after i rearrange my rock work as well B)

post-34-1113989568.jpg

• SRC Member

i like the concept too....

suggestion.... maybe u can try to use some lights that shine but dun block top view of tank...

then at same time u can enjoy tub concept and see nice corals or clams from top....

or at least that is my idea for my next project...

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.