Black colour crab spotted in SPS

• SRC Member
its evil... use a sharp object "pierce it"

Have to be careful what we say these days, bro.

There are many hitchhiker lovers in the club, be it good or bad hitchhikers.... :lol::D Got flamed upside down for trying to kill a hitchhiker pistol shrimp.... and even subjected to ridicule because I have 1800 postings and still do something like this... :lol::D Later someone say you 2500 postings still can still say such things... and end up like me... :lol::D

Maybe AT should start a new section call "Hitchhiker Tanks" for people who keeps these unwanted stuff...

Once I advised someone to chuck away two big hairy crabs he found in his liverocks but he continue keeping in his nano... cause he says it is cruel to kill them and they are cute... yet, he can still ask me why his gobies keep missing.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Honestly, I was just advised by "someone" that it is better to flush unwanted hitchhikers down the toilet than kill it instantaneously... I reckon this person watch too much Nemo without understanding that our sewage systems don't link back to the sea...

Sometime killing an animal instantanously can at times be more humane... but many people fail to understand this... At my previous workplace, we flung pinkies (baby mice) on the hard floor to kill them instantaneously before feeding them to predators.... or would you rather see them being ripped apart slowly, leg by leg, while alive to watch all these.... which is more cruel?

:off::off:

• SRC Member
There are many hitchhiker lovers in the club, be it good or bad hitchhikers.... :lol::D Got flamed upside down for trying to kill a hitchhiker pistol shrimp.... and even subjected to ridicule because I have 1800 postings and still do something like this... :lol::D Later someone say you 2500 postings still can still say such things... and end up like me... :lol::D

Sometime killing an animal instantanously can at times be more humane... but many people fail to understand this...

wa.... kill crab also sala :huh: , dont we eat crabs :lol:

• SRC Member

wa.... kill crab also sala :huh: , dont we eat crabs :lol:

Yeah loh.... we may just end up being vegetarian reefers at this rate..... :lol::D:D

Now I realise SPS keepers has their own sets of pest problems to face...

Gosh, I wonder what happen to those who have SPS, LPS, softies and stuff in their tank.... :blink::blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Mostly black hairy acro crabs are harmful. I have removed 5 pcs to date. Initially i thought they are safe but then next you will see your acro with some white patch here and there because these craps scratch and eat the tissues.