World's Clearest Sea

Jimaroon

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is paradise. where did u get the pics from. . its totally unbelievable.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

OMG... is tt a swimming pool or a beach?? lolx.. tt was really a paradise.. yaya.. hahax.. Love tt kind of place.. maybe when i'm a ah pek liaox can go there xiang shou.. lolx.. Love this kind of place..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

Looks photoshoped to me

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

definitely not photoshoped..

dunno whether hawaiian islands have such clear waters, but i very sure that some islands off the coast of the EAST malaysian islands have such clear waters...

Have some friends that went there for holiday and took some pics.. seen them before, it is really that crystal clear..

If i am not wrong, the reason why the water is so clear is because of the rock formation around the coast of the island that makes the filtration that effective.. This is what i heard from the same friend that went there..

definitely not photoshoped..

dunno whether hawaiian islands have such clear waters, but i very sure that some islands off the coast of the EAST malaysian islands have such clear waters...

Have some friends that went there for holiday and took some pics.. seen them before, it is really that crystal clear..

If i am not wrong, the reason why the water is so clear is because of the rock formation around the coast of the island that makes the filtration that effective.. This is what i heard from the same friend that went there..

Yeah I know that the waters around reefs are crystal clear but the pics do look a little photoshoped

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

hi

do you mean islands off the eatern coast of the western malaysian peninsula?

ok now that you mentioned it, the boat with the girls on it does look alittle "cut and pasted" onto the background and take a look at the 5th pic, the manta ray's tail is straight...but that of its shadow is curved...photoshoped?... oh well...glad such places do exist :)

• SRC Member

Such clear waters exists. Had seen them off Okinawa, Japan, Manado, Indonesia and Cairns, Australia (Great Barrier Reef).

Usually such clear waters exists when the islands are off oceans where it is very deep (1000m and below) and thus dont have sediments which gives us the greenish thinge we have in Singapore.

We dont get such waters here cos deepest ard 50m. ... so no clear waters for us in Singapore :(

Don't think photoshop. I've seen almost a similar beach called Turquoise Bay in Western Australia. First time I seen so crystal clear water!

However, it is possible the photographer used a polarizing filter to improve the clarity.

In any case, only one word for it - Fanstastic!

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be, be one.

Marcus Aurelius

• SRC Member

As far as I read so far..

I think what we are trying to say is that the crystal clear water is definitely not photoshoped..

However, the people (and fishes.. etc.) could have been photoshoped.