• SRC Member

for the record......

beaten 2004 finalist monaco :huh:

beaten 2004 semi finalist deportivo :)

beaten 2002 finalist leverkusen :heh:

beaten 2003 finalist juventus :o

beaten 2004 semi finalist chelski B)

and finally beaten 6 times champions of europe AC Milan!!!!! :yeah:

dont anybody dare say liverpool doesnt deserve to win the Champions League this season!!! :evil::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
did the better side win?

is it just me or do you all disagree.

honest comments pls

oh please... did porto played better than monaco last yr?

did milan played better than juventus the yr before last?

did MAN U played better than bayern?

u must be a damn hardcore either man u fan or everton fan to nt give credit to liverpool for what they did in the first 15mins of the 2nd half..

• SRC Member

i think ac milan played a lot better. but they did no take their chances. especially shev's sitter in the dying minutes. many will agree with me, that liverpool was quite limp, and were mostly reduced to long and let's-try-our-luck shots. anyway, its the score that counts la. let's hope they come back next season. good game. :peace:

shevchenko disappointing la...he's not playing like shevchenko. when he took the penalty, he was hesitating.

pretty good match..

Milan really took their chances in the 1st half, n also for a few offside goals. You can see Milan really good, they play one touch passing n work their way thru liverpool players (check - 9mins).

Liverpool at that time was pumping high balls, and shooting from outside the box w/o accuracy.

2nd half is almost the same story, till Gerrard thump in a soild header.

Pool 2nd goal is also pretty good, with Dida unsight, n ball into left hand corner. 3rd goal to me with the replay does not seem to be an penalty. Got to give credits to Pool for fighting back after the 2nd goal.

All in all, my opinion is AC Milan play better but Pool fight back is top courageous performance all round. Cisse suck big time, moan n complain, reminds me of Hesky.

Comes to penalty I think Dida morale was super low after conceding three goals, same with the Milan players..

A classic match, burning it to my DVD collection. :)

Wonder how the English FA goes now on the qualification next season, hopefully UEFA can grant Liverpool a slot.

Last word as a neutral point of stand, Liverpool strikers suck still - too much individualism. Midfield already tick tock, should buffer the defence with good backup. If not will be like their previous treble, talk big after this and fall flat again in the EPL. Remember the late 80s to early 90s..? 1st 10 matches, Pool already opened up a huge gap, like P10W8D2L0 kind of stats?

Anyway Pool fans enjoy this win, n can "suan" Chelsea, Arse n Man U fans whenever you see them.. :)

extra bonus, pool gets to keep the trophy they have won for 5 times now.. :D

Congrats to all Liverpool fans!!!

Though I support Arsenal, I'm glad Liverpool won this one... juz the EPL blood in me... :P Also, hopefully they get to defend the title next year and there will be more EPL teams in the Champions League, dat would be more interesting! :P

Congrats!!

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro, u got it right, it was a draw... went Singapore Pools yesterday?? :eyebrow:

hehe no lei ... should have went to bet my entire Asset on it then can but more fishes liao hehe.. :D

was talking to bro shwancl after the seminar about AC n liverpool.. :D

cheer :D

• SRC Member

congrats to Liverpool

personally, im nv a liverpool fan, but i think wad they did after Gerrad's header was magnificent......guess its becoz of AC's players low morale after 3 consecutive goals....

i oso think that it was a terrible mistake to sub serghinho with seedorf.....rui costa would be a better player to be subbed in.....rui costa's late play is a waste.....plus serghinho's not performing well....and that penalty he took first was totally off target....which i think further crushed AC's morale.....shevchenko was also a letdown.....very disappointed.....he's got a load of chances to score but he seemed unable to control the ball :pinch: ....and he was also hesitating during his penalty shot....

5 time,5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, kings of europe.

this shows that EPL team can do it.

and my silly collegue really buy score 3-3, full time draw. :D .best thing he is a red devils. now, take half day leave go collect money. i thank him of course. :P

• SRC Member
pretty good match..

Milan really took their chances in the 1st half, n also for a few offside goals. You can see Milan really good, they play one touch passing n work their way thru liverpool players (check - 9mins).

Liverpool at that time was pumping high balls, and shooting from outside the box w/o accuracy.

2nd half is almost the same story, till Gerrard thump in a soild header.

Pool 2nd goal is also pretty good, with Dida unsight, n ball into left hand corner. 3rd goal to me with the replay does not seem to be an penalty. Got to give credits to Pool for fighting back after the 2nd goal.

All in all, my opinion is AC Milan play better but Pool fight back is top courageous performance all round. Cisse suck big time, moan n complain, reminds me of Hesky.

Comes to penalty I think Dida morale was super low after conceding three goals, same with the Milan players..

A classic match, burning it to my DVD collection. :)

Wonder how the English FA goes now on the qualification next season, hopefully UEFA can grant Liverpool a slot.

Last word as a neutral point of stand, Liverpool strikers suck still - too much individualism. Midfield already tick tock, should buffer the defence with good backup. If not will be like their previous treble, talk big after this and fall flat again in the EPL. Remember the late 80s to early 90s..? 1st 10 matches, Pool already opened up a huge gap, like P10W8D2L0 kind of stats?

Anyway Pool fans enjoy this win, n can "suan" Chelsea, Arse n Man U fans whenever you see them.. :)

extra bonus, pool gets to keep the trophy they have won for 5 times now.. :D

IMO 2 of pools first half goals were individual errors made by traore... can see that he was damn nervous in the first half.. pool were playing the way juve did against pool i.e pumping the ball down the middle.. u know dats nt gonna get u anywhere with stam and nesta in the middle...

dunno whether it was tactical or really finnan was injured but credit must be given to rafa for sending in hamann 4 the 2nd half and nt cisse in search for another goal... a lesser man would go for a striker in those situations... hamann gave the stabilising factor in the team and the likes of gerrard and xabi can move forward knowing that a reliable player is sitting in front of the defences..

rafa raised a few eyebrows when he played kewell instead of hamann.. im sure he purposely did dat to create the 'surprise' factor.. coz we all know what kewell can do when he's on form.. unfortunately it din turn out dat way...

another tactical brilliance from rafa when he switched gerrard to right back.. he sure did his homework as he knows serginho is brought into play to whip in those crosses and employed gerrard to stop the danger from the source.. anybody who follows milan will know that serginho has a mean cross.. he showed it when he whipped it in only for sheva to miss in the dying minutes of extra time..

agreed dat milan played well on the night.. so did liverpool.. how can a team who come back from 3 nil down in a major european FINAL to win it nt deserve credit?? its nt some epl game... its the greatest comeback in a european FINAL of all time.. agree with roidan dat penalties are a one off thing and anybody can beat anyone at that.. but the manner the shoot out was achieved was unbelievable.. who would have thought that at half time?

now pool have to buy strikers for nx season :) agree with u dat cisse was a big whiner last nite.. was expecting more from him given the circumstances... and i believe baros would leave liverpool in the summer and that paves way for another striker...

cheers! :peace:

• SRC Member

lost $ on betting pool win but very happy still... Go Pool Go!!!

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member
haha kk dont get worked up.

i know who won. i just wanted to know who played better.

AC Milan played a little better but football isn't always about who played better. Liverpool is fifth in EPL because a lot of games they play better but fail to win the game. Milan shouldn't even be in the final as most neutrals agree that PSV was the better team over two legs of the semis. And it's easy to say Milan played well because of the first half. But if I give you 3-0 lead to defend with your entire ITALIAN team for just 45 minutes, and you concede three goals in six minutes, I think you have to admit that overall you didn't play that well over two halves.

Liverpool played better than Chelsea in the League Cup final but still lost in the end.

Having said that, Chelsea can KEEP THE LEAGUE CUP. We are keeping the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TROPHY FOR GOOD. :lol:

fyi: League titles - Chelsea 2, Liverpool 18

Euro Cups - Chelsea 0, Liverpool 5

Hmmm. :evil:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

AC Milan played a little better but football isn't always about who played better. Liverpool is fifth in EPL because a lot of games they play better but fail to win the game. Milan shouldn't even be in the final as most neutrals agree that PSV was the better team over two legs of the semis. And it's easy to say Milan played well because of the first half. But if I give you 3-0 lead to defend with your entire ITALIAN team for just 45 minutes, and you concede three goals in six minutes, I think you have to admit that overall you didn't play that well over two halves.

Liverpool played better than Chelsea in the League Cup final but still lost in the end.

Having said that, Chelsea can KEEP THE LEAGUE CUP. We are keeping the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TROPHY FOR GOOD. :lol:

fyi: League titles - Chelsea 2, Liverpool 18

Euro Cups - Chelsea 0, Liverpool 5

Hmmm. :evil:

totally agree with u... well said! :D psv played way way better than milan in BOTH semis.. did anyone say they din deserve to be in the final?