Seio M620 Powerhead

• SRC Member

Hi Nano Reefers,

Recently, I bought a SEIO M620 powerhead and install it on the right side (top 1/3) of the tank, blowing across the tank.

Initally, the powerhead was facing diagonally downwards but it cause some sand turbulence with a little sand covering my tongue coral, so I adjusted it to blow horizontally across.

Somehow, I still feel the current is a bit too strong though I've adjusted the water flow to less flow (but too little flow would defeat the purpose of generating water movement).

My hammers are still opening but seems to be "blown" a little too much by the powerhead.

PS: I also use an external JEBO filter cannister with returning water through holes on a horizontal bar placed in the water.

Does anyone use SEIO 620 for their 2 ft tank?

What's your experience like?

Is there any optimal way to place a powerhead in the 2 ft tank in relation to the returning flow of filtered water?

Hope to learn something from you all.

Thanks.

• SRC Member

I'm using a 620 for my 2ft standard tank with a HOB. I'm blowing it across diagonally the tank via the HOB downwards current and thru the LR passage. I adjusted it to the minimum too and the power is juz ok after some minor adjustment. I tilt the head downwards a bit.

• SRC Member

just place the m620 into the casing provided to reduce the flow. or just hide it in between ur LRs, to reduce the force. I was using a 820 for my 2 footer last time. was strong, but i like the turbulance created.

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

oh well...connecting it into a pipe is a gd idea yea...hehez...so that there will b current coming out in 2 ways...n it can also reduce the strong current...

cheers.. :upsidedown:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

oh well...connecting it into a pipe is a gd idea yea...hehez...so that there will b current coming out in 2 ways...n it can also reduce the strong current...

cheers.. :upsidedown:

yea! u r rite... :lol:

hahaha..... still got ppl understand wat im talking!!! :lol::paiseh: so paiseh!

just place the m620 into the casing provided to reduce the flow. or just hide it in between ur LRs, to reduce the force. I was using a 820 for my 2 footer last time. was strong, but i like the turbulance created.

I fully agree with Astrobol, the key is to find the correct placement. Once you have done it, there won't be much problem liao.

I personally have 1 x 820, 1 x 620 and 1 x Tunze 6000 in my 3ft. Initially when I wanted to get the Tunze, I was afriad as most bros have bad experience with it in a 3ft. ;)

After a few minutes of twitching, I managed to settle the problem liao. Another bro I know have a 6060 in his 3ft too. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

yea! u r rite... :lol:

hahaha..... still got ppl understand wat im talking!!! :lol::paiseh: so paiseh!

haha....y dun understand...we r all humans wad... :pinch:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

me also used 820 in my 2 footer.....don't find it powerful enough if the tank is pack with rocks and SPS....in fact at one point in time switch to tunze 6100 for my tank....:P

ultimately depends on what you keep.....

• SRC Member

im using 820 for my 2 footer too.... adjusted to the minimum and pointing slightly towards the water surface.. Initally thought that it was too strong.....but fishes seem to enjoy playing around with the current! Think in a real ocean the turbulence would be much stronger........

• SRC Member
im using 820 for my 2 footer too.... adjusted to the minimum and pointing slightly towards the water surface.. Initally thought that it was too strong.....but fishes seem to enjoy playing around with the current! Think in a real ocean the turbulence would be much stronger........

you bet. I once read an article, they estimated that the flow rate in a typical reef is around min 2200++ US gallon per minute.

you probably need a powerboat motor to achieve that kind of flow.

• 3 weeks later...