Buying magnesium ribbons!!!

Yeah the're fun to play with

Btw what you need them for? ;)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
new "more fun" way to dose magnesium to ur tank? hehe...

haha good 1, anyway i also dont see any difference, both is still magnesium, but its in strip form, u burn it n u get the powder form than can use for tank :lol:

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

u can actually buy chemicals from factories...but small amounts have to go get by yourself...i bought quite a few types last time....dont ask me for the reason :fear::fear:

u can try asking your lab tech for their supplier's add and tel....they might give u...well..thats what i did

• SRC Member
I know, but my chem lab has only a little. I need 75ft for pyrotechnic purposes and for chemistry experiments. I am not sure, but does the arms and explosives act come into play here?

hmm... :fear: ...

is ur last name "bin ladin" :lol:

Wah,75ft tats a lot of magnesium ribbon...

So wad u intend to do wif it??   

As previously mentioned. Will elaborate when I get more kinds of chemicals. Contacted the authorities. Hope they will E-Mail me soon.

• SRC Member

If you ship them by air, confirm require DGR cert. 75ft is long and if it caught fire, I think impossible to put out. Saw a rally race last year on tv where a rally car uses magnesium alloy for their rim. Due to an accident during the race, the rim caught fire. The whole car soon caught fire even though a fire truck was pouring water on the car. If I'm not wrong, you can't use water to put out a fire that is caused by magnesium.

If you ship them by air, confirm require DGR cert. 75ft is long and if it caught fire, I think impossible to put out. Saw a rally race last year on tv where a rally car uses magnesium alloy for their rim. Due to an accident during the race, the rim caught fire. The whole car soon caught fire even though a fire truck was pouring water on the car. If I'm not wrong, you can't use water to put out a fire that is caused by magnesium.

Thanks. I know the danger is real. Discussing with the authorities.

Related website: Mg

• SRC Member
I know, but my chem lab has only a little. I need 75ft for pyrotechnic purposes and for chemistry experiments. I am not sure, but does the arms and explosives act come into play here?

Good idea contacting the authorities! Magnesium is combustible.

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

pure magnesium considered incendiary material and used for making incendiary bombs thus considered restricted materials. Probably only industrial users and schools are allowed to purchase and store them (schools are probably allowed only very small quantities).

If you used it for pyrotechnics then you will need explosives permit.