PETROL WARS!!!!

mUAr_cHEe

• SRC Member

As i went to work this morning.... petrol was 14% discount...

*nvm... later i pump when i go out lunch appointment...*

AS i went for lunch appointment and overshot my shell petrol station at 12.07pm.... it was 17% discount

*sheesh.... miss my petrol station... nvm... come home later pump petrol*

after lunch appointment... *must remember to pump petrol;... almost empty tank liaoz....*

at 1347 hours... as i was driving nearer to shell... i see someone blocking the discount signboard....

i tot i saw a shadow of "2" on the board...

the pui pui manager walked off as i was turning into shell... "20% DISCOUNT"

WOOOHHOOOO!!!!! I WAS BEAMING EAR TO EAR....

came out of car.... "uncle no need to think... v-power full tank please!!!" :yeah::yeah::yeah:

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

I pumped on Sunday at 5%. Then, monday morning saw 13%....squeeze something. Monday lunch time, saw 14%...squeeze again. This morning saw 17%, tank still got half...almost drove into Shell but wanted to drive away more patrol first. Now 20%!!!

Now, a bit little playing in stock market....guessing when to buy and when the discount will go up or down. Scared tomorrow become 5% again then squeeze very hard!

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member
I pumped on Sunday at 5%. Then, monday morning saw 13%....squeeze something. Monday lunch time, saw 14%...squeeze again. This morning saw 17%, tank still got half...almost drove into Shell but wanted to drive away more patrol first. Now 20%!!!

Now, a bit little playing in stock market....guessing when to buy and when the discount will go up or down. Scared tomorrow become 5% again then squeeze very hard!

Same here.... I even pondered to get jerry cans and fill them up and store at my workplace.... but colleague says they dun sell it that way anymore....

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member

can leh....

saw a filipino maid buy the metal cans frm shell the other day.... then take it outside... top it all up.... and then cart it home....

about 5 to 6 containers... quite alot...

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

no joke.... like tat i can borrow my friend's oil tanker to fill it up liao.... better.... lol

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member

Cant imagine those who went to queue up yesterday @ 13%. :lol: I also topped up 3 days ago, but was due to BoBian Act, my car starving liao.

On the other hand, I got this feeling that discounts are given when the oil price goes up. I think it's an indication that the price will rise more drastically in the near future. <_<

As for use of jerry cans, think it's not allowed nowadays, in view of the risk of fire. Maybe can modify the car so that can pump double... no, triple the normal amount. :idea:

• SRC Member

Just went to Shell and pump at 20%. Then turn another road see Esso at 23%! :cry:

I think by tonight all will go 23%. Then, they will suddenly go back to 5% without any notice!

Now, on every motorist mind, they are reciting Shakespear.......To pump or not to pump...

I think (marine) therefore I am

Actually, it seems like some sort of a cohort to me... but it's only my own opinion... coz as mentioned, when oil prices dropped, the oil companies didn't drop their prices immediately, but when oil prices go up, the cost of petrol shoots up immediately... :(

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

i am quite sure petrol price in the medium term will continue to go up looking at the way the crude prices are rising towards US$58 per barrel.

Anyway I think this large discount wont last long......they are BLEEDING now :evil: just to compete for volume. Not surprise that they will lower the discount or even back to normal by Monday.

Better pump full while its still 26 pct :P

Actually, it seems like some sort of a cohort to me... but it's only my own opinion... coz as mentioned, when oil prices dropped, the oil companies didn't drop their prices immediately, but when oil prices go up, the cost of petrol shoots up immediately... :(

Bro Rav65,

When the oil prices fall, no companies will be willing to reduce prices, as it is not in their interest not to max profits. Petrol kiosks are like a Oligopoly mkt , in such situation , no opponents will follow a price raise, but opponents will match a price fall of its other opponents.

On the other hand, if petrol price in the world increases, then firms will simply increase their price per unit of commodity , since its Marginal Cost exceeds its marginal revenue per unit. The price rise is usually agreed among each other in the cartel.

In such setting, if one firm decides to give a 20% discount, given long run, will be matched by all its opponents of a similar 20% discount, until someone decides to give more discount, the entire process carrys on.... its all abt Game Theory,