Carynn's 4ft X 2ft X 2.5ft

cityofangels

• SRC Member

Tank's coming along nicely. :)

Got alot of space for placement of corals. :D

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, tank's looking good...

Anyway, just to add about your general husbandry... despite fears of being cruxified, I must confess that my tank did not complete the entire ANN cycle... nor do I have a DSB... I do run a Plenum system and within a few days, my no3 was 5ppm, den came down to 2 ppm, now it's zero.... never had no3 above 5ppm throughout my tank's short life span of 4 months....

Secret? There's no secrets actually, used some matured rocks from my old tank setup, added some live sand, controlled feeding... dat's it! :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Try to hide the pipes....it'll look nicer :lol::lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Yup, tank's looking good...

Anyway, just to add about your general husbandry... despite fears of being cruxified, I must confess that my tank did not complete the entire ANN cycle... nor do I have a DSB... I do run a Plenum system and within a few days, my no3 was 5ppm, den came down to 2 ppm, now it's zero.... never had no3 above 5ppm throughout my tank's short life span of 4 months....

Secret? There's no secrets actually, used some matured rocks from my old tank setup, added some live sand, controlled feeding... dat's it! :P

Yeah.... I know I was going to be shot down for my short ANN cycle. Ah well... ;)

• SRC Member

Yeah.... I know I was going to be shot down for my short ANN cycle. Ah well... ;)

my apologises if u felt i shot u down...thats not my intention...just wanna let u understand why its better allow the ANN to complete the cycle...in any case...u can make do with a short ANN cycle...but do be cautious...like what i mentioned add live rocks slowly and stock slowly..controll feeding so as to prevent any spike from occuring due to the short ANN cycle

once again, my apologies

• SRC Member
my apologises if u felt i shot u down...thats not my intention...just wanna let u understand why its better allow the ANN to complete the cycle...in any case...u can make do with a short ANN cycle...but do be cautious...like what i mentioned add live rocks slowly and stock slowly..controll feeding so as to prevent any spike from occuring due to the short ANN cycle

once again, my apologies

Aiy, no no no...

I am not angry or demanding apologies from anybody.

I TRULY appreciate everybody's comments on this forum, that you guys even bothered to type out your views on how I can further improve my tank. It is through other people's experiences & advice that I can learn. ;)

I am not angry or have any grudges against anybody. :peace::peace:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Crocea looks good and delicious at that angle shot.... :lol:

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Yeah delicious !!! :evil:

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
Got a sand-sifter today.. But the minute I left the fella on my DSB, it immediately buried itself.

i got advice from quite a few reefers tt the sand shifter disturbs the DSB and hence comprises its ability to reduce nitrates.

not exactly sure how much the sand shifter affects the DSB but i played it safe and sold it away

• SRC Member

Sand-sifters are good for the sandbed...

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
i got advice from quite a few reefers tt the sand shifter disturbs the DSB and hence comprises its ability to reduce nitrates.

not exactly sure how much the sand shifter affects the DSB but i played it safe and sold it away

I heard that the sand-sifter is good in ruffling through the sand to prevent those big-clumps-of-algae. Those purple in colour, I think.

Can someone clarify the use of sand-sifters? Do they reduce the DSB's ability to decrease nitrates? :huh: