Carynn's 4ft X 2ft X 2.5ft

cityofangels

• SRC Member
Mdm....you have quite a big tank......keep a look out on the Sell/Pasar Malam section.....can get a lot of good stuff at a cheaper price......especially Skimmer, Power head, Chiller........even live sand........hehehe....can save a bit of money also..... :paiseh: ...especially if you are not rushing for time.....

Yeah... I'm not in a rush of time. that's why I'm slowly building up my tank. :)

I got the biggest tank I could afford to go. Initially, I was looking at 3-4ft. Then I decided to settle on a 4ft tank. B)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dream is to have a beckett skimmer! Saving up for 1 now... :paiseh:

Come join the beckett club :lol:

post-34-1119518212.jpg

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Hmmm..yea..advisable to run a FR to absorb the silicates a.s.a.p if you used tapwater for mixing with the salt. If not once your lights are on you will notice your white sand and your glass going brown with diatoms. Not exactly harmful...but rather an eyesore.. :)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
I strongly advise you to use a FR to run Rowa from day 1 ;)

run rowa from day one

i read before that if po4 is allowed to build up in your tank, it will bond to your lr and in the future, they will leech giving you a problem in the future.

and oh...get a beckett...NO regrets...even if you upgrade to 5,6,7 footer, beckett still can extend extend until reach the sky and still can extend....so don't have to sell and buy a completely new one B)

i also agree with the others that you should ditch the ceramic rings and coral chip...your lr and sand bed will have plenty of space for bacteria to colonise

sump empty is ok IMO...and its very easy to maintain too : when its time to siphon of dirt...you don't have anything to block your hose...or when its time to change wool, you won't disturb other things and stir up dirt

also, u have great flexibility in putting pumps (for FR or UV or Ca R or chiller) in or other in sump equipment

just my 2 cents :)

may i know what return pump are you using?

• SRC Member

Alternatively, 2nd compartment can be filled with 4-5 inch aragonite sand better still with bio-sediments (later stage fill it with macro algae), leave your main tank sand bed as it is (else in time to come you will see ugly c-s of the sand bed). And of course H&S would be a good choice to skim, the efficacy and efficiency is beyond doubt.

Then again it all depends on your concept of the tank. Perhaps a city of angels? then it'll require a heavy duty skimmer.

Am glad to see more lasses around ;)

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
And of course H&S would be a good choice to skim, the efficacy and efficiency is beyond doubt.

Then again it all depends on your concept of the tank. Perhaps a city of angels? then it'll require a heavy duty skimmer.

Am glad to see more lasses around ;)

Yeah.. I do intend this setup to be a reef aquarium, therefore it will definitely require a heavy-use skimmer. ;)

• SRC Member

The brand is Sanders. can run both using airstones and venturi. I suppose yours is running venturi. =)

Yup its a Edwin Sander skimmer. Used to have one,affordable & good..