water condition

little bull

• SRC Member

activated carbon will clear up the yellowish tinge.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

well the usual practice is 1 month then u need to change then out... anything longer.. u do it on your own risk hor.. :P

and also have the correct amt of carbon use... too many.. u see your coral will sure "love" it.. and start closing up.. :P

• SRC Member

You have to be careful about the lighting intensity as well. Because of the yellow tint, the lighting penetration is reduced. If you use carbon now, the water will become clear and the lighting intensity will increase from your coral's perspective, even though you did not change the lighting.

If the water cleared up too fast, your corals might experience lighting shock, especially if you are using MH, but I guess T5 should be ok.

To be sure if your water is really yellow, just go to a hardware store and buy a small piece of white acrylic. Dip the acrylic in your tank and you can compare the part that is under that water and the dry portion. If you can see a difference in colour shade, that means the water is yellow. (Learn this from Mr Thiel's book)

• SRC Member
no, i am not using A.Carbon. some reefer advised me not to use it coz may releaase toxic to my tank. what other mean canremove the yellowish?

can use those from AQUAZ wad..i use it once in a while... :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

The trick is to use very small amount passively changed once a week with slow increase in the amount of carbon.

Make sure use a brand that does not leach PO4 else that will add to your algae problem (if any).

I agree. :rolleyes:

for me, i hv been using 50 grams of Rowa Carbon on my 50 gallon reef setup. the carbon is placed in a filter sock and situated at a low flow area. the carbon is changed out every 7 to 10 days.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
got an idea, can the carbon put into the tank coz i am using external filter for this 2ft, not sump tank like other.. a bit leceh to remove the cap lar..

just curious...

can i know how often u clean ur cannister filter?

• SRC Member
got an idea, can the carbon put into the tank coz i am using external filter for this 2ft, not sump tank like other.. a bit leceh to remove the cap lar..

nah..place it at the filter will be best.. :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata