Sea hare

FelixSu

• SRC Member
heard its difficult to keep one as it releases toxins occasionally? is that true? is that as good as a tank crash?

Seahare needs to acclimatise slowly. They are very sensitive to water changes. Once your water parameters is stable, you can keep them sucessfully and they are very good hair algae eaters.

Eric

• SRC Member

sea hares have 'ears' like rabbits...usually 2 sets to be exact, thus the name sea hares...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• 4 months later...
  • SRC Member

hey guys,

The eggs of the sea hare (14 millions) can actually hatch into swimming veliger larvae, providing food for your suspension feeding corals, anemones, clams, feather dusters, etc. recommended @ indo-pacific sea farms.

And also recommended @ seahorse.com for feeding of seahorse fry with larvae of sea hare.

After which, several weeks later the larvae will metamorphose into miniature sea hares !

Hurry get your pair from ML and watch them "play". :evil: Actually 1 also can , as it can change ######. :blink:

• SRC Member

i had 2 seahares... I only realised after the 2nd one died what had caused their deaths... I had originally thought the first one died from starvation.. but the 2nd one I even hand fed it.. but still died...

Like some reefers mentioned, they are very sensitive to water changes... and silly me went to dose too much alkalinity buffer at one go... (which I usually do without any casualties)... which ultimately resulted in their death...

well at least that's what I believed happened, because on both occassions both of them died the day after I dosed the buffer... my bad.. :(