Marine Tank set up by ATL**TIS

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hi Bro Earth,

Do not be disheartened that you had paid too much for a system that may prove not too useful for what is good on current reefing standards.

IMO, since you have already paid for it, make the most out of it until you really cannot tahan any longer( the urge to upgrade!)

When I got my system, I did not research also and ended up with a system that initaill I felt was really sub-standard. This being even so when I found SRC and saw everybody's else's setup to be so different and so high-tech from mine :(

I went through a stage where I was even thinking of throwing away the current setup and start afresh or even doing major modification like adding a external sump or channeling to and external skimmer etc etc..........

However, $$ did not allow and still now I am with the current setup which I have experiment several slight modifications. Recently I have converted to FOWLR from LPS reef tank due to some other reasons. I think I am ok with the setup that I thought was real lousy then!

Bro Earth, no problem, IMO, I think you can still have a good FOWLR setup. Follow some of the experienced bros advise and you will still get there! :lol: Doesn't matter whether you get to Orchard Road in a Porche or a Kia, if you follow the right directions, you will still get there!

Cheers! :lol:

• SRC Member
Hi Klim

looks unlikely to have a sump unless big modification done.. then it will be much more expensive... maybe as what you said, can improve on lights and invest in a good skimmer (thats top in my to-do list now, but limited space)

I will only go for FOWLR, no time for maintenance of a more comprehensive reef. may i know y i need more live rocks?

thanks

Hi Bro Earth,

More LR will help good bacteria to grow, also, if you gonna have a FOWLR setup, than definitely you will need more LR's.

LR's usage:

1. Good Bacteria grow, which can help reduce NH4, NO2, NO3...

2. Let your fish have some hiding place

3. Will beautified your tank setup

4. Natural Reef have lots, lots and lots of LR :D

Hope this convince you.

I am just a newbie, so can't offer a long essay on this. ;)

• SRC Member

Dear All

Thanks for all the feedback and comments...

to change the entire tank is highly unlikely... $$$$ ???

spent days reading tru the forum and still find that beckett skimmers recieved the most compliments from their users... however, still unable to find 1 beckett with a small footprint that fits into my 11" by 8" compartment.... :( but will keep exploring....

ok, will probably get more LR as suggested by Klim, but will it then compromise on the swimming space for the PBT? it darts round the tank daily like a rocket... :D

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
Dear All

spent days reading tru the forum and still find that beckett skimmers recieved the most compliments from their users... however, still unable to find 1 beckett with a small footprint that fits into my 11" by 8" compartment.... :( but will keep exploring....

ok, will probably get more LR as suggested by Klim, but will it then compromise on the swimming space for the PBT? it darts round the tank daily like a rocket... :D

hi bro..

i rem some time back.. some one order made a custom mage beckket skimmer from joe p or chipson..sorry can't rem.. it is sort of a mini beckett... maybe u can called either of them to check if they custom made.. but the cost i would not be so sure .........

cheers :P

• SRC Member

Mine is also a ATL**TIS Tank. Damm sad for myself. Well, what to do. Lesson learnt.

I am using a 2014 weipro with an injector. With some mod, this skimmer can do wonders.(No complain for the kind of price)

• SRC Member
Mine is also a ATL**TIS Tank. Damm sad for myself. Well, what to do. Lesson learnt.

I am using a 2014 weipro with an injector. With some mod, this skimmer can do wonders.(No complain for the kind of price)

hi .. care to share wat mod u did to ur skimmer ???

cheers :D:lol:

• SRC Member

brother earth, ;)

Think many fellow reefers mentioned not to be dishearted...i agree that too. Everyone learn their lessons through easy and hard ways. Meanwhile, try to read more and understand more about reefing and fishes. It would be better. For equipment likewise, I believe that there will be a solving solution to these....so not to worry too much and think too much...

MMmmmm....what i can suggest now...monitor your tank and running with the current skimmer if not running with skimmer....get a suitable skimmer to fit your current system which some mentioned hang on back skimmer like remora...and checked all water parameters...to see whether its stable. :lol:

Keep smiling and keep reefing!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dear All

spent days reading  tru the forum and still find that beckett skimmers recieved the most compliments from their users... however, still unable to find 1 beckett with a small footprint  that fits into my 11" by 8" compartment....  :(  but will keep exploring....

Bro,

Why insist on beckett?

IMHO, Becketts are not meant to be small, reducing the size of the beckett will also compromised its performance. Thus you noticed most quality beckett are large.

For small compact places the best option is needlewheel, the needlwheel technology allows for smaller and more compact design without compromising on performance.

For your kind of tank and space, I would get the Deltec MC 500 or the Deltec MCE 600.

They are reliable, small, compact, consumes lesser electricity and will put lots of skimmer to shame. Plus they are around the price region of a good Beckett skimmer. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
For your kind of tank and space, I would get the Deltec MC 500 or the Deltec MCE 600.

I second this. If ever I were to get another skimmer to run in series with my remora, these will be the ones. :rolleyes:

I second this. If ever I were to get another skimmer to run in series with my remora, these will be the ones. :rolleyes:

Remora does well too. I am using remora for my 3 footer. :D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• 1 month later...