Remote Control F14 Tomcat

Michaeleu

Wow... reminds me of my childhood days, when my uncle used to bring me to some place in KL to see him fly his remote control planes.... it was awesome...

• SRC Member
:bow: takes alot of knowledge to build this thing

.....and a fat wallet. I guess the plane would cost nearly $15k. 1 of the jet engine itself may start at around $3k. The radio cost around $2k as it has multiple channel. The retractable landing gear a few hundred bucks. There was a singaporean who built one too and flew it at Marina.....forget the place liao. There are models which can fly faster than 150km/h or more.

• SRC Member
Fantastic flying model.

Most probably funded by movie company and used for their dogfight scene.

Nope, there are F-14 fans all over the world, me included but I can't afford something like that. Too time consuming. Also Murphy's presence is really not welcome but He's mostly there too.

Ervine, there are propeller types too like the WWII models like mustang, spitfire and zeroes.

• SRC Member

Wow! VF-1 Wolfpack! Squadron already disbanded...not touring on the Aircraft carriers anymore.

It'll be super ex to get one of these RC models...even of anybody does...no runway to take off from. :lol: ...unless you can convince the airbases to let you use their runways! :lol:

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member

Nope, there are F-14 fans all over the world, me included but I can't afford something like that. Too time consuming. Also Murphy's presence is really not welcome but He's mostly there too.

Ervine, there are propeller types too like the WWII models like mustang, spitfire and zeroes.

Ya, i love spitfire and zeros.

Hope they have U-boats so can put inside our tank and search and destroy any unwanted pests.

:lol:

Unbelieveable. . . . . :bow:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
Wow! VF-1 Wolfpack! Squadron already disbanded...not touring on the Aircraft carriers anymore.

It'll be super ex to get one of these RC models...even of anybody does...no runway to take off from. :lol: ...unless you can convince the airbases to let you use their runways! :lol:

Daimy068, some of the plan to built the F-14 is available on the net. There are some models that comes with pre-built parts but need to do some heavy handwork to put together. It's not you buy and assemble but you need some tools and it takes months to built one.

There is a long road near the place I mentioned. I saw a footage of the Singaporean who flew 1 F-14 here in SG. All you need is an open field to fly it.

Reefaholic, if you want to look for 1, there is a brand from HongKong or Taipei( forgotten liao) that sells foam model. The brand is GWS and uses electric motor. Cheap at around $30 for some model.

Here is the forum that I visit for more info.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php

Hope this helps!

• SRC Member

Can lah. Go lim chu kang road. :lol:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

Can lah. Go lim chu kang road. :lol:

Cool! Only thing gotta look out for traffic huh? :P

For something that size and jet thrust definitely need longer runway than prop hobby RC plane. :lol:

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)