• SRC Member

Hi

i didnt seem to have luck with having hermit and snail together

so heres my favorite

3ft tank

1 donkey dung sea cuke

4 trochus snails

X bristle worms

ive read that star/shrimp/hermit will actaully kill off benificial sand/rock dweller..so i'll stay away from them

• SRC Member

My Sem Corp of my tank:

2 turbo snail

1 algase blenny

1 Myself :D

Anyway, what does your cleaner shrimp clean???

My skunk only eats flakes and tries to clear parasites that my fishes do not have.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

For me, my cleaning crew are:

1) 2 skunk cleaner shrimps

2) 3 pistol shrimps

3) 1 small red crab

4) 1 porcelain anemone crab

They help to finish off the small bits of food left behind by my fishes, while the porcelain anemone crab helps to eat up the tiny bits of food particles suspended in the water. :P

• SRC Member
hmmm my cleaner shrimp seem to b v 'busy' i will always c the 2 cleaner goin from left to right then right to left... they always try to find leftover food or clean my fish.. or when i clean my tank they will come to 'clean' my hand..

so cute. :) My cleaner shrimp used to do that but now it's gone. :( Think it was attacked just after it molted by my golden maron clown then fell into the anemone which swallowed it up.

I saw the molted shell just above the rock where the anemone was situated.

• SRC Member

My 2 ft tank helpers:

1 coral banded shrimp

1 cleaner shrimp

2 electric blue hermits

1 sand shifting star

5 dwaft zebra hermits(in my refudge)

unknown no of magarita snails( hard working fellows on my tank walls, the nos seem to be controled by my hermits) <_<

And yes, the cleaner shrimp likes to "clean" my hands too when im cleaning the glass :):)

• SRC Member
My 2 ft tank helpers:

1 coral banded shrimp

1 cleaner shrimp

2 electric blue hermits

1 sand shifting star

5 dwaft zebra hermits(in my refudge)

unknown no of magarita snails( hard working fellows on my tank walls, the nos seem to be controled by my hermits) <_<

And yes, the cleaner shrimp likes to "clean" my hands too when im cleaning the glass :):)

So does ur boxer attack ur cleaner? Eat them up..?

• SRC Member

My crews for my footer

1 lawnmower blenny

3 brittles star

30+ assorted snails

2 hermit crabs

3 sally lightfoot

4 cleaner shrimp

2 tiger tail cuke (1 big 1 small)

1 signal or twin-spot goby juz RIP <<< pls dun buy this fish :( strave to death

• SRC Member
My crews for my footer

1 lawnmower blenny

3 brittles star

30+ assorted snails

2 hermit crabs

3 sally lightfoot

4 cleaner shrimp

2 tiger tail cuke (1 big 1 small)

1 signal or twin-spot goby juz RIP <<< pls dun buy this fish :( strave to death

Bro,

You hermit never 'makan' the snails?

• SRC Member

Oh no, they don't.. anyway the only fishes i keep in that tank are 2 perculas and a yashia goby, which shares his cave with a tiger pistol shrimp.

My pistol shrimps are very docile, never see them fight or disturb other creatures.. they just click click whenever they happen to bump into each other :P

• SRC Member
hi.

i  watched a documentary in animal planet seeing a pistol shrimps attack other shrimps. the clicking is their secret weapons of immobilise their prey before kena makan.

Hmmm.. i never had the experience of the pistol shrimps attacking my other shrimps.. They are usually busy digging and bulldozing the sand around their burrows most of the time when i look at them.. Seems to me that the clicking is more as a form of self defence or identification (eg. when they bump into each other or when one of my perculas peck at the shrimp to snatch the food the shrimp is eating).

Rather its my boxer shrimp that keeps harassing everyone in the tank. :erm: