Project New Reef by Achilles Tang

Achilles Tang

Achilles Tang and other bros,

how do i speed up the process. i saw u running ur tank within one week...all things are in.

i have 2 marine(4ft and 3ft) and now planning to upgrade it to 6ftX2ftX2ft. so i know i will have to start all over again. but some did say.....put in market prawns and buy BB to speed up the process.

can i do that??

pls help.. thx....highly appreciatted

Achilles Tang and other bros,

how do i speed up the process. i saw u running ur tank within one week...all things are in.

i have 2 marine(4ft and 3ft) and now planning to upgrade it to 6ftX2ftX2ft. so i know i will have to start all over again. but some did say.....put in market prawns and buy BB to speed up the process.

can i do that??

pls help.. thx....highly appreciatted

You are mistaken. My old tank has been running for about 2 years and I shifted everything into my current tank, including the entire old water and LR. The only thing that was new was the sandbed.

It's matured now, gone past the 1 year mark. No more nuisance algae blooms etc. Gone past the various stages or cyanobacteria, hair algae... :)

There is no short cut... certainly not ONE WEEK! :lol:

hey all,

i did transfer all my cured rocks and water but my old tank but then had to also add up like 10kg of salt/water.

check it within 4 days, ammonia=0, no2=0.25, no3=30

7days, amm=0, no2=0, no3=10.

Is this real??

can this happen. i did at rocks from my friends tank which has been stable for the past 6months.

pls advise. thx.

Achilles Tang, do you have pix of ur latest setup?

• 1 month later...

AT,

This is the work of an artist... Mighty impressive setup! :bow::bow::bow:

From your pics, I am beginning to have a better understanding on how some of the LR are being placed, But not the slightest idea on most of your setup :P Neverthless, I will learn my way through and shall looked forward to owning my 1st marine tank :lol:

Cheers...

• SRC Member

hi AT,

i m newbie, just reg on 3/2. :rolleyes: utmost respect to your new tank. :bow:

wanna to be in your this thread b4 you close it.

getting into this hobby in 2 weeks with new tank. need help

fr u folks at src. keep it up.