Project New Reef by Achilles Tang

Achilles Tang

That's what I did... take out my nudibranch only too discover that it is a Lettuce Nudi that assist in consumption of Algae.... How stupid of me.....

:(

I had one before and it was responsible for wiping out my turtleweed, I was wondering what in the world mowing down at least 4 rocks full of them!

I don't regret removing that green monster... and the amount of mucus it produced when you touch it.... yearrgghhh!!!

There were globs of it floating around and drooling off the tongs...

:blink:

'Durian' coral attacks anthia!

First captured image of a 'durian' coral attacking an anthia.

When questioned, it denied the attack and insisted it was just a friendly massage for a friend.

The anthia refused to comment.

:lol:

post-7-1036264291.jpg

Gee guys, it's a candid shot!

It just so happened that the sweeper tentacles were waving at the right spot at the right time.

The Anthia was actually further back! ;)

• SRC Member

for a moment, i thought your coral had your anthias for dinner

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

clap clap clap

Congrats AT, i think this is one of the nicest aquarium ive seen.

Hi AT and gang.

Im new here, and this is my very first post.

Ive been a keen reef hobbyist for a longest time i can remember. I had various tanks of different sizes. I cleared them out shortly before i went overseas and this was some 12 years ago when Reborn was in their first premise in Pasir Panjang. I remember those days when taking buses to go see the grouchy man was all i wanted to do.

I will be starting a new project soon when i move to a more permanent place in Jan, an open (non-eurobridge) 2.5 feet cube tank. I will like to keep only anemones and different clown fishes. I understand these fellows are territorial and i will have to build a difficult landscape to house them under one "roof". I will need all the help i can get from all of you.

Im also into scuba diving and UW photography. I am presently saving for a Light and Motion housing for my Olympus3040.

• SRC Member
Hi WW,

Let me just say, Welcome back to the time-consuming, bank-account emptying, wife/gf-neglecting, heartbreaking(at times) but ultimately self-gratifying hobby.

i couldn't agree more.. hahaha :lol: luckily my fiancee scolds me to clean up my tank when i slack in my maintenance.. hahaha

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

as long as you do these things why they are alseep, I'm quite sure they don't mind! :lol:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Hi all,

Not wanting to really show off my tank as I have so much space in my tank and not enough corals!

So I will need a couple more weeks to stock up... and you know LFS supply is limited now... so be patient!

All will be revealed in good time!

;)

• SRC Member
Norvin...anyone heard of wives leaving their husbands because of his obessions with his marine hobby? My whole family is asleep and I am still here!!! Before this I was with my tank......    

I have a friend who nearly got divorced because of his addiction to this hobby. His skimmer. lights and chiller at my place serve as stark reminders not to go overboard and to seek a proper balance between sustaining a hobby and a personal relationship. :lol::lol:

Well..for one...we do know AT's one lucky soul. His whole family including his "unreefsafe" doggie actually participates in the hobby. :D J/k

AT, I am also waiting in eager anticipation of pics of your tank too, however, do not rush to stock up just for the pic though.

Loonz...Let me just say, Welcome back to the time-consuming, bank-account emptying, wife/gf-neglecting, heartbreaking(at times) but ultimately self-gratifying hobby.

• SRC Member
Hmmmm... from all that's said...

Maybe I drop my relationship and just stay with my reef hobby..... :P

Hope my gf doesn't come in here.... will get grilled...... :blink::blink::blink:

sigh.. after u guys post this.. (my fiancee surfs this site too to get ideas for our 6ft when we get our house).. that's it!!!!.. my only redemption is for AT's tank.. hehehe..

Chicks dig reef tanks! B)

They will go 'woah', then 'how much money do you put into this hobby', 'how much tender loving care goes into this tank' and then... they'll think you are a SNAG with loads of cash.... KER CHING!!!

When you marry them, then they'll realize that you'll still never give up your first love and continue to provide TLC and pour in more money into the tank which could have gone into their Hong Kong shopping trips, jewellery pieces and beauty treatments!

DOH!!!!

:D:lol::P

• SRC Member

WOW!!!!

AT , This thread is getting sensitive... most probably have to place this thread under "members viewing" only.... :P

Well, of course all those who have place in "some" remarks could do some editing before your partners come in and start banning ......

Imagine, ""BANNED"" from visiting this forum...... :P:P:P

We got "Banned" Live stock, we soon would have "Banned" Forumers..... :lol:

But.... :D:lol::P

If you promise them that they are MORE important than that stupid glass box and all the eeky stuff inside... and bring them for HK shopping trips, give them loads of TLC and jewellery.... promise to tidy up the area and mop the sticky floor and host housewarming parties for guests to admire your tank and make her feel house-proud... then.... heh!

And to quote the funny guy from the Yun Nan ad.... "and its works!"

She may even help you do tank cleaning, the setup, glass cleaning and floor mopping and fish feeding... like my wife does!

I am sooo lucky! :P