Project New Reef by Achilles Tang

Achilles Tang

• SRC Member

Hahahaha :lol::lol: You guys are so farnie you know that. AT, I must say that your understanding of woman psychology is tops. Darn, you pass with flying colours. You did a lot of homework and play a lot of reverse psychology to get your new tank up, didn't you? :lol::lol: U devious little... :lol::lol:

...and Phang, don't just sit there and hope your gf don't read your remarks. Do something more overt...Go pray!! :lol::lol:

Bwahahahhaha!!!

Actually, I am walking on a tightrope everyday... when I flooded the room two weeks ago due to carelessness... she just shook her head and took out the mop!

:P:D:lol:

• SRC Member

Hi everyone, pretty new here and when i saw AT's tank, i tot thats a really professionally done tank! everything planned to the last detail.....bet it will be gorgeous when up....!

speaking about gals and this SW hobby, i noticed that the fair ladies are missing in LFS? I never saw any single females in LFS, only lotsa guys...... looks like this hobby only appeals to guys eh? Tat said, I have a colleague who comes to look at my fish tank in the office (but when encouraged to get one herself, just cringes at the thought of cleaning, maintaining the tank) and another gf who acherly tot of getting starfishes and seahorses but dropped the idea later..... :rolleyes:

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member

Wow i didnt know the roti prata had such a cheem name! What's the care level like for this coral? issit a hard/soft coral and does it need to be fed anything? what about lighting, does it require lotsa of it? and can it survive in higher temp like polyps and mushrooms? They come in different colors issit?

sorry ah, got so many questions! :D

btw, y did u remove the anemone? cos it started to move ard n sting corals? i am considering one also... ;)

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

Care level for this coral... occasional feeding with prawn meat (once a week or two).

It's a hard coral. It has a round skeleton.

They are capable of expanding to many times its size.

They don't sting.

They can bleach like any other coral. My red one has been bleached before due to many chiller episode. It's now very white and pink. I am hoping it will recover soon. :(

My green one is fine.

As for anemones, yeah, they look lovely in a reef tank but when mine decided to start growing big, they were stinging my corals or brushing against them so much so that they don't open like they do before... so I removed them from my tank.

Yup....

Chillers r not a necessary must for roti-s. Of coz make sure ya temp is not like above 30 degrees...

Roti loosing colour is most prob due to the fluctuation of the temp. :)

I'm gonna break the cycle

I'm gonna shake up the system

I'm gonna destroy my ego

I'm gonna close my body now

• SRC Member
Yup....

Chillers r not a necessary must for roti-s. Of coz make sure ya temp is not like above 30 degrees...

Roti loosing colour is most prob due to the fluctuation of the temp. :)

Speaking of rotis, anyone seen a good red or green one around lately? I'm always on the lookout for quality specimens of my favourite coral.

AT, did u go down to LCK 110 over the week end? They do have some hard coral (like cat eye, torch, plate etc..). Hopefully the recent "heat" on the ban of hard coral will not delay the party too long?? else many of us will be waiting until "hua er ye xie lao"?

When is your payday? Still thought of taking half day end next week (Thur or Fri, cos' weekend for me tend to be tight, have to take care of baby..) and asking some of u along to go down to Lor Halus + Seletar to help u to "fill up" your tank and have the party soon?? I can be your driver for the day!

My payday is on 25th of the month.

I am counting cents now... really really overspent this month! <_<

I appreciate you volunteering to be my driver... but heh... I need a credit officer... with interest-free schemes... or a godfather... hahaha!!!

Hi Morg,

Your gift of strombus snails is appreciated!... they are both in the refugium and main tank... very hardworking snails...

I isolated them for a day... and no flatworms were hitchhiking with them. Believe me... I shook, rattled and rolled them to make sure!

I guess I am gonna have to buy the whole shop again come payday coz my tank is really half empty... till I buy up a few shops... kekeke... or Robe donates his tank but that will only fill up my top shelf! Hint hint!

My wife also insisting on holding an office gathering in my house... so she's pressuring me to beautify it... :D

• SRC Member
This roti prata i see most tanks have them on the sand? does this mean not much of lighting required? :huh:

From my experience (I have about 7 in my tank- they're my fav), the more colourful they are, the more light they need, but this is generally an extremely easy to keep species.