My cleaner shrimp has eggs

jason

• SRC Member

Coral food! Yum! :P

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

My deceased boxer shrimp's eggs hatched before. they look like small tiny balls with tiny eyes and they twitch(as in baby jump) but they soon got eaten by the sea horse and sucked up by the filter. But, i only had 1 boxer shrimp in my tank, dunno how that was possible but indeed i saw the eggs fall off from the boxer to become tiny jumping 'balls'. :lol: maybe u guys should LOOK carefully and examine the water for these tiny jumpy thingys :rolleyes:

can keep baby shrimps, but really xiong.

cleaners often "give birth" at night, so must keep awake when date is near.

in the meantime, u can set up a babies tank with air pump sponge filters only, dun use fine air bubbles as it will choke the frys. feed frys with coral food and keep water quality very high. a slight ammonia rise will kill them all.

It's a very tedious and specialized job to raise shrimp fry.

My 2 cents? Don't bother.... they will end up as fish and coral food.

My CBS and Cleaner Shrimps produce fry every 2 weeks... and it's fun watching the fishes wake up and chase down the baby fry and to see corals like my yellow polyps actually grabbing and closing down on them.

Cheap and free high protein snacks!