Good Results with t5???

Panzz

• SRC Member

Hi everyone I am currently considering to upgrade my lightings to t5, however I couldn't really find much info about t5 lights.

I have heard that 4*36 watts of t5 will be sufficient for even sps such as acro in a 3 footer and ard 18" deep.

My tank is a 3 ft tank and currently using 150 watts of pl lights but doesn't seem to be enough for my corals and so decided to go for t5.

any suggestions??? or anyone with great success with t5 could share it with us too :D (best with photos :lol: )

Thx

Whether 4x39w T5 can sustain sps anot... Still not sure... I still trying out... The sps frag have been in my tank for about a week... Too short to decide whether they can do well... My sps frag is 6-5inch directly under the light with medium current...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
Some of our bros here are running T5 only on SPS

tanks and they are doing really well.Why not

if you try 6 T5. Keeping SPS

is not just about lightings you know :lol:

Yup but from what I know lighting is one of the most critical thing for keeping sps other then calcium levels, water clarity etc etc etc

I am worried if I get the t5 and it may be insuffcient so need to ask for suggestions

If your budget allows go for 250w MH if possible... Comfirm can meet the sps requirement... I agree with StarPolyps... Lighting is not the only requirement for Sps...

You will need to moniter your water parameter... Such as Calcuim, Magnisium and etc... The nutrients level in the water also play a part...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
U can try looking at members spec tank for more info...If im not wrong...AT tank uses T5 only!

Correct me if im wrong!

huh u mean the boss? I believe he's using MHs right?

For me I use both MH and T5s.. the T5s just to supplement some colour coz my MH is 20k...

I use MH coz I like that shimmering effect it gives.. very nice and seriously MH has some SERIOUS penetrating power man... it will also take up less real estate above your tank as opposed to multiple t5s..

But MH = more money down the drain loh coz not only will it suck more power, your chiller will have to work harder also...

but if you are asking if it's possible to keep SPS with T5s yeah sure you can but don't be expecting them to penetrate a 2ft deep tank lah...

• SRC Member
U can try looking at members spec tank for more info...If im not wrong...AT tank uses T5 only!

Correct me if im wrong!

i tink that is one of the mods here Danano using 8 T5s to fire up his sps tank.. :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata