bobbit worm

• 1 year later...
  • SRC Member
I found one 3~4" bobbit in 2 months old RSM tank yesterday nite so want to know how to get rid of it... :evil:

pls help :bow:  :bow:  :bow: !!!

They have clamps and teeth that will break your fingers for a nice meal. They are damn fast too.

Get a male bobbit worm and if your existing is a male, they will fight. If its a female, the will mate. Then, the female worm attacks the male penis and feeds it to her young after mating... The male will be go beserk and you can find both the adults nearby easily. The bad point, you have to search high and low for the young ones if they had scram off.

:pirate:

• SRC Member
any1 noe how to remove bobbit worm??

when a large bobbit worm is waiting for a prey, it will stand still opening its fangs/teeth. You try to hook a bait and when it clamp down the bait, gotcha. BTW your line must be tough enough to witstand the cut-off from its teeth.

But if your bobbit worm is a small one, perhaps you can lure it to a DIY worm trap.

They have clamps and teeth that will break your fingers for a nice meal. They are damn fast too.

Get a male bobbit worm and if your existing is a male, they will fight. If its a female, the will mate. Then, the female worm attacks the male penis and feeds it to her young after mating... The male will be go beserk and you can find both the adults nearby easily. The bad point, you have to search high and low for the young ones if they had scram off.

ermmmm....... :blink:

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

when a large bobbit worm is waiting for a prey, it will stand still opening its fangs/teeth. You try to hook a bait and when it clamp down the bait, gotcha. BTW your line must be tough enough to witstand the cut-off from its teeth.

But if your bobbit worm is a small one, perhaps you can lure it to a DIY worm trap.

DIYed a trap liao...wait for the WORM to come in 2nite :yeah: !

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member
I heard of this method. Use stockings with prawn meat. Stuff it inside the stockings and attached with PVC to bottom.

Then worm stuck to stocking....

hopefully. :P

LOL, AT also advised this several weeks ago on either bristle worm or pistol shrimp. I think this one is better. A good reminder too.

Good one, Lim.

Just hope all of his bristle worms and bobbits gone in there and wallop each other, LOL.

• SRC Member

hi cjh,

recently i had a bobbit worm problem as well, but after months of fighting and tugging with it, i gave up, and destroyed the whole rock along with it.. it can tug with u, but u won't win one..

finally i found out why it won, becoz he was a feet long, and thicker than my ink pen.. hiding inside a rock in my 2feet tank..

my suggestion, localise him, take out the rock, pour boiling hot water on it, crack it open and find him..

• SRC Member
hi cjh,

recently i had a bobbit worm problem as well, but after months of fighting and tugging with it, i gave up, and destroyed the whole rock along with it.. it can tug with u, but u won't win one..

finally i found out why it won, becoz he was a feet long, and thicker than my ink pen.. hiding inside a rock  in my 2feet tank..

my suggestion, localise him, take out the rock, pour boiling hot water on it, crack it open and find him..

wah, you very mean to him, LOL. It need to be mean to these bobbit. Very big size and dangerous.

Good suggestion. I think its very urgent to track this SoB down too. Afraid there might be 2 to mate and you will be jumping up and down

LOL, AT also advised this several weeks ago on either bristle worm or pistol shrimp. I think this one is better. A good reminder too.

Good one, Lim.

Just hope all of his bristle worms and bobbits gone in there and wallop each other, LOL.

Pistol shrimp can handle Bobbit?

• SRC Member

Pistol shrimp can handle Bobbit?

so far heard some nudibranchs eat it, eg: Philinopsis pilsbryi. I just dont know how true this is. Perhaps when you caught it, you can be the first to eat it. LOL. There are news that ppl eats bobbit worms too.

Pistol can handle bobbit, when bobbit is dead, LOL. Just handle, not eating.

You can try those crabs which eats bristle worms, perhaps they will eat bobbit too.

so far heard some nudibranchs eat it, eg: Philinopsis pilsbryi. I just dont know how true this is. Perhaps when you caught it, you can be the first to eat it. LOL. There are news that ppl eats bobbit worms too.

Pistol can handle bobbit, when bobbit is dead, LOL. Just handle, not eating.

You can try those crabs which eats bristle worms, perhaps they will eat bobbit too.

crab ;) ? I have 2 leh....Anemone crabs can or not :lol: !

• SRC Member

crab ;) ? I have 2 leh....Anemone crabs can or not :lol: !

anemone crabs dont eat worms or anemone. They just like some host attached so these toxics from anemone will be extra protection..

Did you see one of the videos I posted last week on bristle worms? A crab was holding a long bristle worm, while eating it alive.