My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Bro, have u tried frozen cyclopeeze? I have not seen a fish not enticed by that!

Nope... hope tat by tomoro, he'll be famished and starts feeding :pinch: How's ur purple yuma? Mind postingf a great pic in my tank ? :eyebrow:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Bro, hope yr sohal is doing fine. : ). If you need frozen cyclopeeze, do inform me. i can spare some for you.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
Bro, hope yr sohal is doing fine. : ). If you need frozen cyclopeeze, do inform me. i can spare some for you.

Thanks for the gesture of sparring some frozen cyclopeeze. The stubborn sohal still refuses to eat.. Tried many times to capture him on pic, here's some bad shot of him.... :ph34r: The pics is him with old residents

post-4134-1218463530.jpg

post-4134-1218463542.jpg

post-4134-1218463557.jpg

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Glad tat did not try to trap this Koran angel... its being behaving very well, except tat he ate up my lobo :eyeblur: Till now, keeping my finger cross as he has not touch any other corals

post-4134-1218463827.jpg

post-4134-1218463845.jpg

post-4134-1218463868.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro... its quite a big risk to house the koran.

I think u have to feed alot more often to keep its stomach full from thinking of others ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member
Bro... its quite a big risk to house the koran.

I think u have to feed alot more often to keep its stomach full from thinking of others ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Ya, agreed tat its a time bomb to keep in a coral tank. Initially, this fellow tends to sniff around my corals. But, like u said, feeding them lotsa of food, makes the koran stays away from my corals. Recently added an elegance and its been so far so gd:) his tummy is always round n fat.:) thanks for your advice bro.:)

• SRC Member
You've got a nice sohal...one of my favourites...

Hope yrs will starting eating soon.

:thanks: bro. Been thinking to add one of this beauty all along too. U got urs ? :rolleyes: But my Sohal is stubborn. Still refuses to eat. but he has become more calm to his old residence fishes. Initially he was challenged by my Tomini Tang and was quite stressed up. Will updates of his conditions

• SRC Member
:thanks: bro. Been thinking to add one of this beauty all along too. U got urs ? :rolleyes: But my Sohal is stubborn. Still refuses to eat. but he has become more calm to his old residence fishes. Initially he was challenged by my Tomini Tang and was quite stressed up. Will updates of his conditions

Yes and no actually. l got mine when it is already feeding pellets at the LFS, so not much of a problem. In fact, no resident tangs dare to challenge him when 1st introduced. Sohal is aggressive by nature i believe. But sold off after i decomm. So sad. Now, if i start up again, sohal will be on my list.

And glad to hear of your guai guai koran too! Yrs a nice specimen too.

Keep us posted on this sohal beauty...heehee

• SRC Member
Yes and no actually. l got mine when it is already feeding pellets at the LFS, so not much of a problem. In fact, no resident tangs dare to challenge him when 1st introduced. Sohal is aggressive by nature i believe. But sold off after i decomm. So sad. Now, if i start up again, sohal will be on my list.

And glad to hear of your guai guai koran too! Yrs a nice specimen too.

Keep us posted on this sohal beauty...heehee

For Sohal's characters, I have also long heard of it. Being aggressive and also a fighter, he has proven his "Stand" in my tank after I intro it. Non of my 2 PTs, 2 YTs and Sailfin Tang dare go challenge him, except for the Tomini Tang :ph34r: About 1.5-2 yrs ago, I set my eyes on Sohal at Wakai at Farm-mart and the color of thr finage is truely striking and refine. But have kept my hands away from it till now, so decided to grab one as I wouldn't know how long I'll last in this hobby... :pinch: Many have decomm due to many factors :ph34r:

But when are u coming back reef again ? :upsidedown: Red sea shipment dun come often and even if do comes , gets more XXX :sick: As for the Koran Angel, I think this chap is of passive characters and has been in hidding for the initial 2 weeks. Now he's being more friendlier and the moment I'm home, he'll join the crowd to prompt me for feeding :lol: Koran sure adds some color variation to the group of fishes in my tank ... Will updates of the condition of the S.T :thanks:

• SRC Member
For Sohal's characters, I have also long heard of it. Being aggressive and also a fighter, he has proven his "Stand" in my tank after I intro it. Non of my 2 PTs, 2 YTs and Sailfin Tang dare go challenge him, except for the Tomini Tang :ph34r: About 1.5-2 yrs ago, I set my eyes on Sohal at Wakai at Farm-mart and the color of thr finage is truely striking and refine. But have kept my hands away from it till now, so decided to grab one as I wouldn't know how long I'll last in this hobby... :pinch: Many have decomm due to many factors :ph34r:

But when are u coming back reef again ? :upsidedown: Red sea shipment dun come often and even if do comes , gets more XXX :sick: As for the Koran Angel, I think this chap is of passive characters and has been in hidding for the initial 2 weeks. Now he's being more friendlier and the moment I'm home, he'll join the crowd to prompt me for feeding :lol: Koran sure adds some color variation to the group of fishes in my tank ... Will updates of the condition of the S.T :thanks:

Haha, your tomini quite power, still dare to go challenge a sohal... :unsure:

Think red sea shipment like coming in quite frequent now leh...read somewhere ah beng got many specimens coming in. Too bad, my tank not ready...need final clearance from my CFO lo. Ya, l like the color and markings of the juvenile koran and juvenile emporer angel.

You also have a very nice elegance wor...

• SRC Member

Time for an update, bro...

Thanks for your big red snapper... A quarter of it in my stomach now. It was delicious... :rolleyes:

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member
Time for an update, bro...

Thanks for your big red snapper... A quarter of it in my stomach now. It was delicious... :rolleyes:

Haha ... great tat ur family all LOVe it :upsidedown: Tat's Y I had to chase u to go home fast in order to keep the freshness of the fish.... :whistle My wife and I finished upone whole red snapper, but a smaller size thou :rolleyes:

Here's a update of the clam... Ray, this pics for u :bow: The blues are getting brighter when days gets by

post-4134-1219670434.jpg

post-4134-1219670443.jpg

• SRC Member
How abt some abalones to clear all the algaes away while u sit and relax to admire ur tank :eyebrow:

Must look out for this fella. Mine kena stuck on the seio wavemaker and luckily I found out before it turn to juice.